What's new

Six Flags St. Louis | Typhoon Twister | ProSlide Wave/Bowl Combo

Swoosh

Mega Poster
A drill was spotted near the Tornado water slide in Hurricane Harbor this week.
IMG_7703.JPG

The park has been rumored to be receiving a clone of the watercoaster that went into Fiesta Texas this year.
31152884-EC6C-43CB-92CF-3085414D95D6-16845-00000E8A7632B429.jpeg

The new slide is rumored to be taking of the place of the body slides tower next to Tornado

A8FBCE17-BDA2-487E-BCBE-6FE9DF06BA81-16845-00000E8AC6CB54A2.jpeg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really don't get the point of those corners? :p

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I really don't get the point of those corners? :p
The corners provide a sensation like what you would get on a "Constrictor" style tube slide (high G forces). The whole "plate" thing is just for aesthetic purposes imho.

Here's a POV of the one at Fiesta Texas

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I read the bowls actually help limit the flow of water down the slide. They allow some of the excess water from the water jets to run off therefore not increasing the flow rate down the slide itself.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
3027977_Typhoon_Twister_Logo.jpg

Debuting in Spring 2018: TYPHOON TWISTER, a new water thrill, is heading to Hurricane Harbor in 2018. Typhoon Twister is the latest addition to the 12-acre water park which is offered free with theme park admission.The hybrid coaster joins our other water park thrills of Bonzai Pipeline, and Tornado.

Six Flags St. Louis prepares for TYPHOON TWISTER in 2018. Storm chasers will swirl around the 125-ft. whirlpool before being sucked into the vortex and plummeting down the 5-story, enclosed slide. The four-person raft is then shot up a 45-ft., zero gravity wave wall where riders experience moments of weightlessness before sailing back down and shooting out another tube to a splash pool. This hybrid, zero-gravity water slide is an adrenaline rush giving storm chasers two thrilling experiences in one mindboggling attraction.

“Six Flags St. Louis takes great pride in offering our guests new, groundbreaking rides and attractions every year. For 2018, Six Flags leads the way in innovation again as TYPHOON TWISTER is unlike any other water attraction, giving riders two completely different thrill experiences in one very intense slide,” said Park President Pete Carmichael. “This one-of-a-kind experience is another big reason why our guests will want to enjoy both the water park and the theme park during their visits next year."TYPHOON TWISTER features four-person rafts that careen wildly into a 125-foot long whirlpool bowl that spins riders around 360 degrees before the bottom drops out, sending guests plummeting down an enclosed five-story drop. Storm chasers will then be propelled up a 45-ft. zero-gravity wave wall to experience moments of weightlessness before falling back down and shooting out into the splash pool below.

TYPHOON TWISTER highlights include:
A hybrid, zero-gravity drop slide;
A 125-ft long whirlpool bowl with a 54-ft vertical drop;
A unique 45-ft. high wave wall that sends riders into weightlessness;
Cloverleaf tube seats four people all facing each other; and
Pumps 300,000 gallons of water per hour.

thumb_sfsl_typhoontwister_side_view.jpg

thumb_sfsl_typhoontwister-overhead-view-_3__0.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Yay? It's annoying that the SF parks I'm visiting next year both get waterslides - ****ing brilliant...

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Yay? It's annoying that the SF parks I'm visiting next year both get waterslides - :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing brilliant...

This was really needed at SFStL as Hurricane Harbor needed more capacity in terms of rides. I would have preferred a watercoaster (if it had to be a waterpark addition) but nonetheless this is a quality addition to the park.