What's new

CF Pokemon Go

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So a bit of a bump, been playing a lot more recently.

I already have the first evolution of the gen 2 starters, which I didn't get until last week for gen 1 (So Cal had such **** everywhere i went).

Just got a sunflora today, Finally a clefable and omastar which I thought I had. Finally got my first baby in cleffa. Also explain how there are more water in Dallas than at the beach in Cali...

Also got a Larvitar from an egg <3

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I managed to crack the 200 barrier over the weekend.

After a few weeks of almost nothing, I suddenly got enough Syther candy to upgrade my Scyzor.

Then after dozens of useless eggs, I got a Totodile from an egg, which also gave me enough candy to evolve it into a Croconaw.

That tipped me over to 201.

My life is very exciting

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

Smithy

Strata Poster
Found a working scanner map for where I work and I'm doing a bit of walking with the game up after work so I'm grinding through some eggs. Think I'm at 204 caught 208 seen, level 28 with a best of a 2900ish Rhydon.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Anyone got one yet?

bfe4b487902f470138b4aae894ff48c3.png

Intricks

Strata Poster
So the new Raid system is pretty awesome, and one of the first ones ive seen personally is an Electabuzz at a gym down the road from me.

Hilariously though, there was an Articuno raid nearby my workplace one day. Its hilarious cause Im in Phoenix, its around 105-110, and the first legendary bird we get is the Ice one.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone got one yet?

bfe4b487902f470138b4aae894ff48c3.png

This entire city erupted into an impromptu Pokémon Go festival today. Raid Events, Double Everything bonuses, unusually nice weather, and some pretty popular Facebook groups pulled thousands of people to the streets in search of legendary Pokémon. I battled four Articuno and a Lugia, but only managed to capture one Articuno. Maybe I'll get another try tomorrow, we'll see.

TilenB

Strata Poster
The hell? Nobody plays the damned game here anymore, but there are a crapload of gyms with raids, so it's impossible to get the few of us that are left organized. So jel... :/

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It was fantastic going places and seeing crowds of people, having fun, meeting new people, and working together. Dallas has a pretty decent Pogo network I'll get more involved in.

Fought a Lucia, didn't catch it, will try tomorrow.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, three of us tried to get an Articuno yesterday, but we just couldn't quite defeat it with us and 4 others.

Pogo crashed on two of us three times though in the middle of the battles, so we had to restart pogo and rejoin.

And what the hell is it with the poor automatic choices to battle with? When you've got limited time, trying to pick a good time takes ages - espeically as Pogo tends tob ereally sluggish. Quite annoying.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I managed to grab myself a Lugia yesterday with a group of 22 people trying to take down the raid. We had to split into two private raids of 12 people and even then struggled to kill it (it wiped out 9 of my level 2500+ pokemon). I only had 6 premier balls to catch it and a few golden raspberries so was panicking it would escape, i managed to get it on my 4th excellent throw but only 5 people of the 22 managed to catch it with some people using 10 premier balls. Gonna head out this evening with @Ian and see if we can get ourselves an Articuno. Found these legendaries have really bought a buzz back to the game that its been crying out for!

TilenB

Strata Poster
Oh well, it's livelier in the capital than I thought. Joined 3 Legendary raids today (2 Lugia and Articuno) and managed to get both new Pokemon (only the second Lugia escaped). It was quite fun meeting some other local players, one of those was even my country's Got Talent winner of the 2015 season. Fab :p

Smithy

Strata Poster
Cba with it, people were being ****s in the local group. Was one organised group meet up and they ****ed off early, then the rest of the day it was just people spamming with WHY DON'T YOU ALL COME TO THIS ONE because it's right outside their house and they're too ****ing lazy to sort something out themselves.

Also had the case where dickheads agreed on a meet up time, then started raids early before people could get there.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ah this bloody game. Nearly level 38 though so all is good.

I've managed to do daily raids since they came out but only got a chance to do a legendary raid today, went for a Lugia. 20 of us soon appeared (the limit for a raid) and we took it down with over half the time remaining. I got given 5 balls to catch it which was tedious because the blues did most damage because they're by far more prominent, threw them all with golden berries and 3 great and 2 excellent throws and I didn't have enough. So. Annoying. But yeah, there are definitely loads more people playing again...which is making everything tediously laggy again!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
4 more raids today, and four more **** you from the legendaries.

Good news is from all the rare candies I got, I finally have a dragonite, blissey, and was able to get a Tyranitar at a raid.

For my gen 1 non regional locks I'm only missing Blastoise, Gengar, and Vileplume now, and legendaries. Gonna be a pain in the ass.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I have both of the birds now. Been in 8 raids in total, only caught each one once.

It is good fun getting together with randoms and playing Raid Bingo:
Older Guy looking Sheepish
Chinese Guy on a Bike
Fat, Hairy Late-Teen Who Run to The Raid
Lad, mid/late 20's, Ashamed and Trying to Hide He's Playing
Chunky Lesbian Who Knows It All
Kids on Scooters Who are Really Excited About It
Fat Male Virgin Wearing Video Games Apparel
Bloke in Mid late 30's/early 40's Playing It For His Kid

From my survey after two days playing it, raids for the Ice Bird pull in less people than the raid for the Bird That Sounds Like Luigi. So yeah, catch them soon because once everybody has a couple of them, the raids will be tougher because hardly anybody will care again. Apart from me and Chris, of course.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It is good fun getting together with randoms and playing Raid Bingo:
Older Guy looking Sheepish
Chinese Guy on a Bike
Fat, Hairy Late-Teen Who Run to The Raid
Lad, mid/late 20's, Ashamed and Trying to Hide He's Playing
Chunky Lesbian Who Knows It All
Kids on Scooters Who are Really Excited About It
Fat Male Virgin Wearing Video Games Apparel
Bloke in Mid late 30's/early 40's Playing It For His Kid
Makes me wonder which one of those you are. ;)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Three raids this evening. One Arctic, two Luigi. I caught the Arctic, so now I have two.

@Chris Brown didn't catch any.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Caught both today. I'm having amazing luck with rare candies apparently. Probably close to 100 collected in my raids. Hello ampharos!