What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Can't remember if I commented in here or not, but I'll do Chessington since it's, ya know, right there. I suspect Tim will also be interested and I'm trying to persuade Scarlet since it'll have been years since many of you saw her.

davidm

Strata Poster
Just got mine and Liz's for £50 return as well. Shaping up nicely!
Well thats worth a £50 punt now and worry about the details later.... booked. :)
EDIT : and that hotel too - I do like it when someone else does all the thinking for me. Ta. ;)

Last edited:

Will

Strata Poster
Following the earlier post, I had a think about Chessington...
As much as I enjoyed Blackpool, interest levels are low - it's a Merlin park that's done nothing of interest in a very long time and it's nearly 200 miles away. Maybe if it wasn't a Sunday.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Me and Ian are looking at flying to Barcelona on the Friday and then flying back from Barcelona on the sunday evening, we will likely be looking at a Hire car as cba with bus faff so will have spaces and will also be looking at the hotel / apartment that others have booked.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah into Barca at 8pm on Friday - looking at transport options today (after my impulse buying flights/hotels the other day :) ) a car looks best option - so if thats similar time we could/should coordinate.
( If you are there earlier don't plan to hang about though )

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, to add to Chris' post. We've booked the same hotel as everybody else (laziness, convenience and it's nice to be together). It's dirt cheap and have spare beds in the apartment should anybody else want to jump on board!

@davidm - We've yet to book flights but are definitely considering a car because I'm a snob. We can coordinate a similar arrival time. We'll be returning late on Sunday evening.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ I looked at options to get from airport to PA in the evening and there was only 1 train after ~9pm so couldn't rely on getting there in time - car was pretty cheap though when I priced it up earlier (like £35 cheap).

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If anyone's MAP has run out or is running out soon, I have a couple 25% off vouchers if anyone is renewing before Chess. PM me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Re Chessington.
On the evening before the Chessie Live (Sat Sept 9th) I'm gonna go to this:

https://www.fireworkchampions.co.uk/our-events/ragley-hall/

I like fireworks, me. S'gonna be mega LOUD!
Anybody else fancy going?
It's in Alcester, Warwickshire which for me is roughly half way to Chessie so I'm gonna grab a hotel room nearby before heading down to the Live.
It's an open invitation y'all. Just turn up if you fancy it and I'll meet ya there.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I want it to happen but I'm unsure if I'll have transport! I'm looking at a big bill (£760) for some car repairs, and working in Asda, means something has to be cut from my budget as it'll take a while month wage. Chuck on that recent expense for Germany and Spain, I'm skint. I was hoping to be full time back in my old traffic light job by now, but that's now set for mid-Sept. Hopefully I can wing a few quid for my upcoming birthday (4th Sept, if anybody is interested) so I'll be able to afford it. There we go, that's the reason why I've been quiet on it. At the moment, it's happening, it's still on, but due to the time scale and my uncertainty, I'm giving it "Mini-Live" status which means turns up if you're going and hopefully I'll be there, too!

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
I'll most likely be there for Chessington since it's so close to me and it'd be a chance to get involved with a different coaster group than usual. Actually really tempted to do PA in December too. Looking at the Sol Costa Daurada atm. Has anyone had experiences at that place? How did you find it?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Not stayed at the place you're talking about, but a bunch of us are staying at Ibersol Spa Aqquaria for this one. Mega cheap as well if you fancy hanging out post-theme park!

Status
Not open for further replies.