What's new

New Experiences at USA Disney Parks: TRON at MK, Epcot additions, and Marvel at DCA

Edward M

Strata Poster
Disney World and Disneyland have announced tons of new things for their parks. I've put the link of all the news here.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lt-disney-parks-and-resorts-at-d23-expo-2017/

Well, in my opinion, all of these additions look just fantastic. I'm interested in seeing how all of these work out. I'm especially wondering how Spider-Man will turn out in comparison to Unviersal's near perfect version. Many exciting additions! Share your opinions below.

Pictures:
Epcot
Epcot's new vision
epcot-future-world-concept-art-d23-expo-230.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy
guar0874324.jpg

guar2340498.jpg

New France Pavillion
rat2340987FI.jpg

Mission: Space restaurant
misspac4230897.jpg

Magic Kingdom
TRON
Image_WDW_TRON.jpg

Disney Hollywood Studios
Mickey Ride
mame78u4iyhkjh59861.jpg

djkhfi8489690903.jpg

Toy Story Land
TSLWDW35980746.jpg

Star Wars Land
sadkjhr87960908.jpg

hggkjgugjht66966475.jpg

Last edited:

davidm

Strata Poster
The Epcot overhead artwork looks like its missing the big Innovations buildings ; and GotG looks very like Universe of Energy (which is a big building isn't it so plenty of room in that for a re-do).

I watched the presentation last night (thank you periscope guy) - they also announced a 'Art of Marvel' hotel for Paris (wasn't sure whether that was new new or a refit tho : EDIT - yes its a reskin of the Hotel New York). The Star Wars hotel at WDW intrigues me a bit it has to be said! :)

They didn't say it during the presentation but it is on the one link above, but the Great Move Ride at DHS is where the MickeyMouse ride is going to be, so its closing on Aug13 this year for that - ahhh. (saw someone on twitter comment that this was the last original ride from when MGM-Studios opened left!)

Last edited:

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Whilst all the additions look nice it really feels like an overload of IP's to me.

I was actually most excited by the announcement of the new space themed restaurant at Epcot. No IP, just a really cool, creative idea and the concept art looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
There are a few classics I'm sad are going (Great Movie Ride nooooo) and I do not approve of the shopping mall look for Tomorrowland (similar to Shanghai's which is grotty I hate it), but, other than that yassssss I'm so ready for all this stuff.

Gagging to find out what Guardians is, with that and Ratatouille it should actually be fab.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I'm glad the GMR is being spited! It's pretty dull and only really interesting the first time you ride it! I'm pretty happy with the announcements!

Edward M

Strata Poster
The additions at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom all look great to me. I think TRON will fit well, and Hollywood Studios needs all the help it can get. That really leaves Epcot, which is a mixed bag. I love the new look of Epcot's Future World, looks fantastic. Epcot may finally look futuristic. I'll mainly miss the area between Future World and World Showcase which is beautiful. However, it is more than worth it update the very dated area. I'm actually fine with the Guardians of the Galaxy in Future World. Sure, it's not preferable, but it's obvious that IPs are the direction this park is going. I'm sure they'll put everything they have into the ride, and it'll be great. Mission: Space getting a new film is also very exciting; it's a ride that has such potential (I mean space is endless!). The restaurant also looks fab. I'm more afraid for World Showcase. I'm excited for Ratatouille, but I really hope this IP-ing the countries doesn't spread. World Showcase is one of my favorite areas at any Disney Park; I really hope they don't all turn into an IP-land. If anything, I just want the IPs to fit well, like Ratatouille. That film is a love letter to Paris and France, but I could easily see them just shoehorning in any movie they want to any country, as long as it has a slight theme of that country.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm a bit overwhelmed by all these announcements!
Tron will be an interesting addition to Magic Kingdom - I wonder if it will be a clone! I think the ride will be great for the resort but I worry about the aesthetic not fitting with that side of tomorrowland.
Love the EPCOT additions. I was expecting the worst but I'm pleasantly surprised. The concept art looks very futuristic to me and they've added more green spaces! Also the Mission Space restaurant is a brilliant move. Gonna go way off topic here, I've always wanted Ratatouille to come to EPCOT, but I don't like that it's made DLP even less desirable. Taking the new flagship unique attraction and putting it with the huge amazing iconic Disney resort across the pond that also has Universal/Harry Potter/soon Nintendo isn't going to be amazing for Paris. I hope in the future DLP gets attractions that can't be found in WDW so to make Europeans want to do both.
Sad about Great Movie Ride but this new Mickey & Minnie ride sounds so fab. Was not expecting this at all! I've been hoping for the day we get a proper Mickey/Minnie attraction and kinda shocked we're getting it now! Actually I'm a bit pissed off with the timing. Why now? Couldn't they have waited until Toy Story Land and Star Wars land to open before closing yet another ride. It's not like it's a "Hot IP" that needs building ASAP. In terms of proper "rides" they've reduced it further from 5 to 4. FOUR RIDES. FOUR. And how much is a park ticket? Unless I postpone my trip there's almost no point of me going to this park.
Star Wars land continues to impress me. My previous apprehensions have dissipated with both attractions sounding really fascinating and everything about the model is screaming Star Wars even though it's not based on a pre-existing location from any of the films.
Marvel Land in DCA hopefully will means Hollywood land is up for the chopping block. It will be a vast improvement. Although I don't know what that means for the relatively new Red Car trolley. Pixar in Paradise Pier: Hopefully there won't be too many changes and that it will retain it's charm (and be like Toyville Trolley Park), but I'm excited to see how it'll turn out.

Last edited:

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've always wanted Ratatouille to come to EPCOT, but I don't like that it's made DLP even less desirable. Taking the new flagship unique attraction and putting it with the huge amazing iconic Disney resort across the pond that also has Universal/Harry Potter/soon Nintendo isn't going to be amazing for Paris. I hope in the future DLP gets attractions that can't be found in WDW so to make Europeans want to do both. Also does Paris' stuff even get announced in the D23 expo? They didn't get anything last year either...
I understand your point here, something I never considered. I doubt it will really effect any Americans going, but I do wonder if Europeans will want to go to Disney World instead or just skip DL Paris all together. I imagine if I was making a Disney trip for my family, Disney World would look far more attractive. I do hope the best for DL Paris especially after the rave reviews this refurb has gotten.

In terms of proper "rides" they've reduced it further from 5 to 4. FOUR RIDES. FOUR. And how much is a park ticket? Unless I postpone my trip there's almost no point of me going to this park.
This didn't even really register until right now. I did 3 of their soon to be 4 rides between 9 and 9:45 on my last trip, and this was a packed day. 75% of the park in 45 minutes with no FPs. That's insane. I think they should charge $50-$70 for a ticket since they're operating half a park. It's a bit insane how little there is there right now. Probably won't visit DW until 2019 again.

zombieface

Roller Poster
Most of these seem cool, I'm just sad I'll never have gotten to experience Great Movie Ride. I'll be walking into a construction zone when I go next year though.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I understand your point here, something I never considered. I doubt it will really effect any Americans going, but I do wonder if Europeans will want to go to Disney World instead or just skip DL Paris all together. I imagine if I was making a Disney trip for my family, Disney World would look far more attractive. I do hope the best for DL Paris especially after the rave reviews this refurb has gotten.
It's a different type of holiday, but I know loads of people who have been to WDW and have never done DLP.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Please show me where at Disney Springs you can get free international soda?

It's not free (it's $8) but it's on top level of the store. You didn't actually think it was free at Epcot did you? It's included with your admission whether you choose to use it or not.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
It's not free (it's $8) but it's on top level of the store. You didn't actually think it was free at Epcot did you? It's included with your admission whether you choose to use it or not.
Its free for me, I don't pay to get into Epcot.

Offical_Pitchnoir

Roller Poster
Minutes ago at D23 Expo Japan, we shared a first look at Epcot’s highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy”-themed attraction – and yes, it’s a roller coaster!

With the “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster, we’re going big. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters when it’s added to Future World at Epcot. It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney. “As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot,” Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said.

The attraction will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.
SOURCE

guard239846-624x352.jpg

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
...will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters....

based off a quick RCDB search https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ca=114&order=-22&ot=2 - the longest indoor coaster would be Temple of the Night Hawk (I knew as such, it feels lonnggg) but what I didn't realize was Space Mountain at Disneyland comes in second... just 400 feet shorter and yet, doesn't feel that long? In fact, just being in the 3,000 foot rage puts it in the top 10 longest enclosed coasters! and NINE of those ten, are Disney owned coasters, 3 of them being already in Florida... Soon to be 4, counting Tron haha.