What's new

GhosterForce 2017 - 13-15 Oct - Movie, Heide, Hansa

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I'll be looking at cheap hotels for this. Don't think I'll be able to stretch to resort hotels. Obviously those in my car (Jorda, Conor, Neo and Chris) need to bear that in mind. I'll be looking at this in detail on a Tuesday.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Yeah, I'll be looking at cheap hotels for this. Don't think I'll be able to stretch to resort hotels. Obviously those in my car (Jorda, Conor, Neo and Chris) need to bear that in mind. I'll be looking at this in detail on a Tuesday.
That's what I had in mind as well, I was just checking on their German website if there's a deal they don't mention in English. :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm considering something a bit different on the Saturday - Just got a thing about visiting a park when the star attraction is closed, and even the new dark ride doesn't seem to be quite tempting enough! (Oh - and it looks like we're unfortunately a week early for heide Halloween stuff, damn and blast!)

That said - looking forward to getting back to movie park and hansa - both have 2 good new creds, and theres the new kiddy one at hansa since I was last there!

So - My plan at the moment is looking something like:
Thursday - efteling
fri movie park (Thursday and Friday cheap hotels booked)
Saturday - potts park (interesting suspended https://rcdb.com/4355.htm ) & Erse Park Uetze (Bobkart - yeah!), hotel around lubeck
Sunday - hansa
Monday - Tivoli and maybe bonbon land.

all just about doable on train and bus (even Saturdays 2), obviously most people will be doing heide, but anyone care to join? (drivers would be nice!!)

looks like Movie park has a really good group deal, and I got all excited when I saw hansa's 19 euro group rate - until I spotted that was for unde r17s!!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Why would you want to bugger off on Saturday and do your own thing? Heide is still fab without their woddie, and I'm looking forward to their Halloween event as it always has been reviewed quite well. But I guess it's your choice if you want to abandon the group mid-trip @caffeine_demon. :emoji_ok_hand:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, obviously any advantages gained through group rates/ERT etc will only be applicable to those doing the whole trip with CoasterForce.

I'm looking at booking my side of the travel arrangments tomorrow. I'll post what i book in here in case anybody wants to make their life easier. As always, it's nice when a group of us stay in the same place etc.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
So - had a second thought and decided to just go with the original GF plan - looks like the group rate at heide is pretty good too!

Although it looks like we'll be a week early for their Halloween - opening hours for that weekend are 10-19:00 (rides close 18:00), and the weekend after it's open until 10 - also a search for Halloween gives the following:

Im Oktober ist es wieder soweit: Nebel wabert durch den Park und unheimliche Gestalten huschen durch die Schatten. Aber echte Abenteurer lassen sich nicht abschrecken!

Freu Dich auf Heide Park Halloween 2017. Erlebe am 20./21. & 27./28. Oktober, sowie am Dienstag, den 31. Oktober, Gruselspaß und Achterbahn fahren im Dunkeln. An allen Halloween Tagen im Oktober hat der Park bis 22 Uhr geöffnet.

Erlebe im speziell dekorierten Park tolle Hallowen-Attraktionen, Shows im Dunkeln, Kinder-Gruselspaß und mach' die Nacht zum Tag - ca. 80% der Fahrgeschäfte fahren bis 21 Uhr. Zudem zahlen Merlin Premium Jahreskarteninhaber keinen Aufpreis.

Shame - They started the weekend before last year :(

So - Who else is coming/driving - other than Ian and his car full?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Oh well, bit of bad timing on our side then. But we might just see at least all of their Halloween deco on that weekend, plus it might be not that crowded because GP would prefer to visit during the event. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've visited around this time to Heide Park before and it's very manageable. Lots of Halloween theming around and a good spooky atmosphere on park with minimal queues!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm on the market for Car spaces from now, and also open minded about hotels - which would probably depend who I travel with - keep me posted anyone whose looking to fill a car - Cheers

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I am also seeking a car space. I would be happy to do some driving, but due to my youthful age it will cost the earth!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm also in the "seeking car space" camp, if anyone lovely wants to offer!

at a pinch, there's also a train from essen - hannover at midnight, arriving at 2am, and then a train to wolterdingen at 8am... Think either way people are going to lack sleep that night!! :emoji_zzz:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Like the look of this trip but it will be a while before I can get confirmation on having the time off. Will keep an eye on this thread in the meantime.

I'm down to work 17-0300 shifts that weekend, but I'll try and get them off, and if i can, plus some other days, I have a couple of crazy ideas for a very extended trip.
Oh, and if I can make it, I'd be happy to dive a rental car

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Randomly I have that weekend off... So potentially for me

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'm down to work 17-0300 shifts that weekend, but I'll try and get them off, and if i can, plus some other days, I have a couple of crazy ideas for a very extended trip.
Oh, and if I can make it, I'd be happy to dive a rental car

17 - 300? that's quite a spread!

5pm to 3am, - the joys of being an A&E doctor!

it does mean I've learned to cope with very little sleep, so crazy trips driving thousands of miles and spending whole days in parks in between are possible!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I'll keep an eye on this thread too. The Astérix CF Live made me very eager to take part in another meeting asap! I don't have a car as of now so I'm yet another "seeking car space" team member ^^

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
What Are people plans of 'Tagging on' extra parks - I've heard murmerings of Efteling, Phantasialand and More! I'll never turn down a day at Phantasialand and am keen to get on Symbolica @ Efteling!
But just working out flights/transport if these days are added!.....now Plopstrix out the way - this is my next plan!

My rota is apparently changing in august, so I'm not currently sure of my shifts, but I was thinking of maybe making an XXL ghosterforce trip, going across to the USA and visiting lots of their parks and halloween events (likely including sfgadv, lake compounce, sfne, Kings dominion, Bush Gardens williamsburg, maybe carowinds and dollywood). Then flying back via hamburg and joining the rest of the ghosterfoce fun. It would likely be during the 2 weeks before the main event.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I gotta pull out the GhosterForce trip, I don't think my finances can handle another big trip like that after Plopsa and Asterix. :)