What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

TwoTonTunic

Roller Poster
I had some unexpected car repairs happen this week and couldn't make it to the park today. Really wanted to go see the progress in person. Oh well, maybe next week.

codeman94

Mega Poster
I was at the park yesterday. I didn't even bother taking any pics because I couldn't see anything new that hasn't already been posted. Visual progress has really slowed, but I did see the crane moving and people up in there working on it all day.

LightDark18

Roller Poster
Saw on Kings Dominion's Twitter that they mentioned the number 816. People are speculating that RMC Hurler will be announced on August 16th. Now, if #TheyreComing does refer to Cedar Fair's two upcoming RMC's, it would be plausible that RMC Mean Streak will be announced on August 16th as well, or sometime close to it at the very least.

LightDark18

Roller Poster
Of course not. But there's nothing to stop the two parks from announcing their attractions on the same day or very close to each other. CP announcing Hurler or Kings Dominion announcing Mean Streak would be stupid.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
If I remember correctly, each Cedar Fair park announced all of their 2017 additions within a few days of each other. You may or may not have an announcement day for this ride, but you can certainly narrow down the announcement window.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Of course not. But there's nothing to stop the two parks from announcing their attractions on the same day or very close to each other.

Technically not, but there's always the risk of the bigger announcement drowning out the smaller one. Spacing them apart means letting each get some time in the limelight.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Inserting the three best photos I have of construction from the weekend. The last photo highlights the station/brake run overbank, which I've highlighted in red. In general, the flow after the MCBR appears to be:
  • drop
  • double up
  • s-bend airtime hill (Sorry @Hixee)
  • banked turn at ground level
  • Overbanked turn up and over brake run
  • banked turn at ground level
Overall, this brings the track back to the double-up barrel roll area; assuming the old Mean Streak path as a layout, the track would continue to snake through the support structure, wrapping counter clockwise back to the station.
Photo Jun 24, 19 36 45.jpg Photo Jun 24, 19 36 50 (1).jpg Photo Jun 24, 19 36 48.jpg Photo Jun 24, 19 36 35.jpg

Stevenr296

Roller Poster
I'd love to take photos like that with my Phantom 4 Pro, but I feel like I'd get a bit of backlash from people for flying over or near the park like that. Anyone here know if I need a Part 107 License to do that when I'm there next?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's private property, so you would need permission from Cedar Point if flying immediately over land.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think the guy that took those photos also made a video of a fly-by of Mean Streak recently as well. He states in the video description that he kept the drone over the water I believe, although it does look like he goes a bit over some land (the campground/cabins I think?)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

catsounds

Mega Poster
I think the guy that took those photos also made a video of a fly-by of Mean Streak recently as well. He states in the video description that he kept the drone over the water I believe, although it does look like he goes a bit over some land (the campground/cabins I think?)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Yeah, in the youtube video the drone went right above the track, you literally got a birdseye view of the whole layout and he also went pretty much right next to the track and got some great angles.

Guess it got deleted as the comments said it would because you're not allowed to fly a drone there

Edit: Seems there are a few drone vids, some of them emphasise they were filmed from off the shore and the vid i watched that was definitely not the case.. Can't seem to find it anywhere now mind :(

Last edited: