What's new

Kings Dominion | Twisted Timbers | RMC I-Box (Hurler Conversion)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm 99% sure that the name refers to a 90s comedy(I think Wayne's World to be exact). I could be wrong though.

As for the ride, it's looking pretty neat! The increased lift height makes me wonder if they're going to do a total layout change(i.e. straight drop right off the lift). Can't wait to see more!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'm 99% sure that the name refers to a 90s comedy(I think Wayne's World to be exact). I could be wrong though.

Not sure whether you're being serious there. Both Hurlers did come out soon after the original Wayne's World, and the movie did use 'hurl' as slang for vomiting (slang that had been around a long time before), but other than the possibility of an inside joke, there's no way an amusement park would name a ride after the act of vomiting. The only possibility would be if they thought it was a sly reference that some kids would get, but the GP would remain unaware. But that seems far-fetched to me.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
We are serious! This was from the ride's Wikipedia:

Originally, the queue wound underneath the coaster through a "hot set" on location filming scenes from Wayne's World. Upon entering the station building, park guests passed through a full-scale set of the iconic basement hideout of Wayne and Garth.

And then here's a commercial for the ride:

[youtubevid]

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
That is amazing. I think he's actually doing a retching motion for one second after he first says the name! But they keep it so brief that it can only be as I said a sly reference for the kids, with the assumption that the general population would assume the name means it's an intense ride that hurls you around. I can't think that they would want to openly associate vomiting with a ride for the general public.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Anyway, thank you for the information -- I didn't know and I find it interesting, especially as I've always chuckled at that name.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Didn't know the WW thing at all!
I'd always assumed the vomit connection was intentional though - I thought it was vaguely amusing. Don't really think it'd put anyone off.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Looks like the Kings Dominion PR has improved since last year's hilariously depressing marketing disaster. I'm really hoping to see more teasing throughout the next couple months. So far Hurler has been overshadowed by Mean Streak, so Kings Dominion seems to be going in the right direction with this teasing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

^ I feel like it's just going to be an August 16th announcement. Coaster announcements seem to happen close to my birthday every year so I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few RMC announcements near my birthday this year, too. Happy birthday to me, if that's the case.

I could not figure out that Starbucks picture for the life of me. It went completely over my head, but yeah, that's awesome.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Almost looks like matrix scrolling numbers. To point out the obvious, it appears that this will have a different theme from Mean Streak.