What's new

Your worst spite

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rode it 2nd day after it officially opened AND had night ERT on Lightning Rod. I win. (As does 6 other lovely CFers who accompanied us) :D
Don't forget the behind the scenes tour, giving us those amazing views of ye coaster. ;)

Edward M

Strata Poster
Well, it's not like Lightning Rod is commonly the number one coaster of all who have ridden it. Wait a minute... ;)

I'm saying my worst spite is all of Hong Kong Disneyland. We ended up not being able to fly to Hong Kong because of the typhoon, so I can't ride what I think may be my number one ride ever, Mystic Manor. So so sad.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lightning Rod is off to the races in the CoasterForce Chat facebook group!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm saying my worst spite is all of Hong Kong Disneyland. We ended up not being able to fly to Hong Kong because of the typhoon, so I can't ride what I think may be my number one ride ever, Mystic Manor. So so sad.

Truely gutted for you. Mystic Manor is one of the best, if not THE best dark ride out there - and that's from a Disney hater. You would have loved it, I'm sure :_(

We were spited by El Toro, the Coney Island Cyclone and Quassy on the 2012 CF trip. Sad times.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, it's not like Lightning Rod is commonly the number one coaster of all who have ridden it. Wait a minute... ;)

Even if your flight went ahead, they closed the park because of the typhoon anyway. Well, in the afternoon when it was due to hit. It was open again the next day even though it was pissing down and blowing more than a $5 whore. Not sure when you were planning to be there.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Truely gutted for you. Mystic Manor is one of the best, if not THE best dark ride out there - and that's from a Disney hater. You would have loved it, I'm sure :_(

Even if your flight went ahead, they closed the park because of the typhoon anyway. Well, in the afternoon when it was due to hit. It was open again the next day even though it was pissing down and blowing more than a $5 whore. Not sure when you were planning to be there.

Well, I was planning on going Monday actually, but we were spending a good amount of time in Hong Kong. With the awful weather nearly every day, we just decided to do Hong Kong at some other point. Still truly sad about it, but I would rather visit Hong Kong DL with better weather anyway. It seems like a great park to wander and explore.

It's also not all bad. It's looking like a visit to Fuji Q may come out of it! I may even go for one more day at Disneysea haha. I love Tokyo and can't wait to go back. I guess I'm trying to look at the glass half full.

Rode it 2nd day after it officially opened AND had night ERT on Lightning Rod. I win. (As does 6 other lovely CFers who accompanied us)

You got to ride Lightning Rod AND have ERT on it!? Wow, you've simply never mentioned. ;)

Ummm yeah, Lightning Rod being shut when we were suppose to go to Dollywood last Friday was annoying, but we went to Mt. Olympus instead which ended up actually being amazing. Much better than going to the park and seeing a shut RMC... I don't think my heart could handle anymore after the New Texas Giant Spite (and at least we were able to go back and ride it).

T3 has spited me twice on both visits to Kentucky Kingdom, but it's a SLC so my heart isn't really broken. Nasu Highland in Japan was a pain in the butt because we paid about a trillion dollars to go and only got on four creds, which is more than I expected considering the awful weather. :mad:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Spite-ning Rod has topped literally every other spite I've had. Even my China trip in 2014 when I got royally ****ed over by the weather.

I'll look at going back in 2018 or 2019 when it better be working.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Not a "worst spite", but I was in a state of shock when I went to Fantasy Island and the only two +1s I gained where the large Vekomas.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Just had my first major spite: my first visit to Six Flags New England and Superman: The Ride was closed for the day. :,-( And a minor spite: went to Lake Compounce and Wildcat was closed. :(

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I haven't really been spited much but the one that stands out to me is most recently when Maverick broke down when I was on the stairs going into the station.

Will

Strata Poster
I was bored in February and drove up to South Shields for their small mine train rollercoaster - https://rcdb.com/14381.htm
They couldn't persuade it to do a full circuit, and so it never opened.

It stood for less than a year and has now been moved to Spain.

I was also spited by Ednor and Cobra at La Ronde, which I doubt I'm likely to revisit. In fact, I don't think Cobra will ever run again.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Expedition Geforce. The worst part was you could see it from pretty much anywhere in the park, so torturous!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Ok, My new biggest spite is TTD (Who would've guessed). Now I know what it feels like to be in the station and just having to walk right out cause it broke down for the rest of the day due to wind.

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
TTD by far is my worst spite! Good thing I didn't plan to go this month now with the brake fins getting mangled. I'm sure it's spiting lot of those going to the Haunts this month