Giga Poster
Are you weary of Lech Coaster pics from SkyScraperCity? Because I'm not:

A1CxjlM.jpg

12Nmm2s.jpg

wjV06yn.jpg

m0d90bY.jpg

Wq3eEs7.jpg

Ln826TT.jpg

Some pretty good close-up shots too! I am surprised to discover there's going to be some amazing interaction with the water ride below. Great picture spot then ;)

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Wait, now that Vekoma managed to git gud, where is Six Flags gonna find terrible new rides? There's only so many Pinfaris left in the world.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, now that Vekoma managed to git gud, where is Six Flags gonna find terrible new rides? There's only so many Pinfaris left in the world.

I've heard Zamperla's coasters are still pretty bad. And of course, there's all the Asian knock-offs, though they might have improved in recent years as well.

In a pinch, they could found their own company specializing in terrible coasters, to keep the tradition alive.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I can't get excited over this because of those god damned vests :( They will kill any kind of enjoyment on this.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I can't get excited over this because of those god damned vests :( They will kill any kind of enjoyment on this.
What coasters have you ridden with these vests? Did you ride them before they had those vests installed if they are older creds?

The only ones I've ridden with the vests are Python (Efteling) and Sidewinder (Hershey), I didn't ride either with the old OTSRs. I've obviously ridden plenty of other clones with those OTSRs though, and a few are very close to my bottom 5 coasters, Big Loop (Heide) and Flashback (SFNE) come to mind. Both Python and Sidewinder were significantly better than the others.

So while it's disappointing that it's not just a Mack style lapbar, at least it's not the old OTSRs.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I've done Python and Speed of Sound. I'm not actually sure if I prefer them over the old OTSRs. The old ones are crap for sure, but those vests are the most restrictive restraints I can think of. It's so extremely tight and literally kills any chance of getting any airtime. I know the two aforementioned coasters don't really have any airtime, but the vests are SO tight that it's impossible to move into any direction, so the chance of airtime is quite slim. Honestly, the best Vekoma OTSRs I can think of are the ones on the Boomerang at PowerPark. Those were quite fine.

It's a shame because the layout on this coaster looks excellent, but I just can't get excited about it whatsoever. If only Vekoma could make other restraints as well as their glorious SFC ones.

Lofty, I found the ones on The Swarm much less tight than the Vekoma ones I've done.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Yeah im not buying the these vests are slightly less **** than the old otsr's so you cant complain line of argument. Taron wouldn't be Taron with vests.

Lofty

CF Legend
Lofty, I found the ones on The Swarm much less tight than the Vekoma ones I've done.
X-Flight, Valravn, Banshee, Gatekeeper and Thunderbird all have some of the worst vests I've ever come across - miles worse than the Vekoma ones I've done.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm so curious as to how that's going to ride. I can't wait.

d0m1n1c

Roller Poster
The more I see of this coaster the more I fall in love with it. It just looks incredible especially that inversion through the building. Love it. Another one to add to the bucket list.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
That theming looks impeccable. Really can't wait to see how the POV looks once the theming is complete. Definitely alongside DC Rivals as my most anticipated coasters of the year.