What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Courtesy of Midway Mayhem we have a NINETY MOTHER ****ING DEGREE DROP. Buckle up yo.
7af8b6e70bb333b2b20f1e9581165dec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
I figured it would be either 90 or a bit beyond due to the increased height and the speed bump at the bottom of the drop.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I have purposely avoided looking at pics, since I'll be at CP tomorrow and plan to take my own. I did accidentally see one when surfing the internet though and good lord, this thing is gunna be huge. Can't wait to see in person, pics to come!

Fizpez

Roller Poster
For some reason I dont see any of CP Rundown's pictures.... :(

Going to the park next Wednesday, Ill try to get some pictures.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Cedar Point has released another teaser for the ride via their Facebook page.

Still using plural phrasing. They're coming. They're wild and unruly.

Still not showing or talking about anything we havent seen so far.

So, my major question is this: Why the use of Plural phrasing? Are we getting a secondary cred for the Point in 2018 to add in a lost (Wildcat and Disaster Transport) family cred? Are they referencing what will be happening with Hurler?

peep

CF Legend
Yeah I thought that was a bit odd. I think you might be on to something with it being a twinned marketing scheme with Hurler.

TLARides

Hyper Poster

So, my major question is this: Why the use of Plural phrasing? Are we getting a secondary cred for the Point in 2018 to add in a lost (Wildcat and Disaster Transport) family cred? Are they referencing what will be happening with Hurler?

Seems like it. I haven't seen any new construction there besides this. Unless if they're going for a new theme to this revamp, it could very well likely be a second cred of any kind.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Or maybe Mean Streak will simply have a new, plurally intrinsic name? For instance, "Steel Stampede", while the name of a singular ride, would also imply a group of running horses. "Outlaw Run" too is themed to a group of bandwagon riders trying to outrun bandits. "Swarm" and "Fury 325" are also implications of a large swarm of insects/aliens.

Also here's the video:

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
If someone could get a good side profile shot of that drop, we can estimate the height and speed from that.

My money's on 218 feet, 80 MPH, 4 inversions, ~5500 feet long, 90 degree main drop.

Tallest, fastest, longest, steepest RMC.
And most inversions too.

One can only imagine what the airtime of that drop in the back will be like.

================

As for how the design was created, I imagine the following.

Alan Schilke hangs up the phone call with CP brass. Eminem's "One Shot" begins playing in the background as he goes to his stash and retrieves a baggie labeled "USE ONLY IN EVENT OF MEAN STREAK CONVERSION". Consuming the contents, he boots up NL2. Fade to sunrise; Schilke is finishing the layout, giggling like a madman.
(Seriously, though, can someone hook me up with that guy's dealer? Dude's got the really good stuff.)