What's new

Most enduring coasters in your current top 10

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Which coasters currently in your top 10 have been in there for the longest without dropping out?

I'll rank mine from most enduring to most recent:

1. Joris en de Draak - It has been in there since I've ridden 10 coasters and never left <3 Sadly, it's at #10 at the moment so it could drop out at any moment, which will be a sad day.
2. Black Mamba - Phantasialand was my first foreign park and Black Mamba became my #1 when I rode it. It has dropped a bit since then, but is still going strong.
3. Silver Star - While I slightly preferred Blue Fire after my first visit to Europa Park, Silver Star has stuck with me for longer. Rode it without trims most of the days I've been at Europa and I still love it. It will stay in there for another while unless the trims really spoil it for me on my next visit.
4. Helix - It replaced Blue Fire as my #1 when I rode it for the first time (I had about 40 creds at the time), and has continued to be my #1 ever since. I don't think this one will ever leave my top 10.
5. Expedition GeForce - Just like Helix, this one has been very steady for me. I think it was #4 when I first rode it, and now it's #5.
6. Junker - Anubis and Karacho have also been in my top 10, but the best Gerstlauer launched coaster is the one that lasted in my top 10. At #9, it will go at some point. Hopefully it can stay in a little longer.
7. Shambhala - It has dropped from #2 to #4 in half a year because of 2016 being an amazing year for European coasters, but it's still fab <3
8. Wildfire - Not much to say about this one, rode it last year and is at third place.
9. Taron - It was #5 after my first (day) rides on it, moved to #2 after the fantastic night rides. It will probably stick around for a long time
10. Nemesis - Brand new addition.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I rode Expedition GeForce 6 years ago and that's been in my Top 10 (5 even) ever since. It was my #1 for a while, but now still comfortably sits at #3. That's my most enduring Top 10 coaster, and I don't see it leaving for a long time unless the ride experience goes downhill.

X2 and Black Mamba are also quite 'old' favourites (2012 and 2011, respectively), but they've both spent time out of my Top 10 in the past. So I guess Shambhala would be 2nd to EGF. I rode that in October 2013, where it came in at #4 and is still hanging on in there at #9. I think the only way it would be ousted this year is if I rode it and it failed to impress me as much, but even so, it's likely to get pushed out in the coming years.

Everything else came in 2014 or later, and most of them I've only ridden on one visit, so I'll see how they stand the test of time. I think Phoenix will, as I've ridden that on a second visit and it moved up a fair bit (currently my #4). Intimidator 305 should, in theory, endure because it's a clear #1 for me at the moment, but it's always possible I won't be as amazed by it next time.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I'm going to be lazy and post my top ten with the year each coaster made it into the sacred list!
1: Katun - Since 2015
2: Helix - Since 2015
3: Taron - Since 2016
4: Wildfire - Since 2016
5: Dodonpa - Since 2015
6: Montu - Since 2010
7: Pyrenees - Since 2015
8: Shambhala - Since 2014
9: Space Mountain - Since 2006
10: Steel Dragon 2000 - Since 2015

jayjay

Giga Poster
Most of my top ten (all except two) come from last year when I started tearing through Europe in earnest. The only other two are iSpeed from this year and Kumba from 2007. I suspect that if I rerode Kumba now, it may not be as good as I remember (it's not the sort of ride I'd usually say is my favourite).

Hutch

Strata Poster
Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster have been in my Top 10 since 2012. Dragster has fallen to #9 (was actually my fave at one point), but Millennium Force has only fallen a couple spots since then, so I guess MF is my most enduring cred. I did Maverick back then as well, but that fell out of my Top Ten for a couple years until I rode it again last year with the softer restraints.

Boulder Dash has done well too. Rode it in 2013 and was my fave until 2015, but it's still been my #2 since.

Nemesis has been in my top 5 since 2014, Skyrush has been my #1 since 2015, and Beast, Phoenix, and Storm Chaser were last year, and Mako was this year.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Of all my coasters in my Top 10, Goliath @ Walibi Holland is the only one I've ridden before 2010. It is slowly sliding towards the bottom of my Top 10, but still beats coasters like Wicked Cyclone or Balder.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Most of my top ten (all except two) come from last year when I started tearing through Europe in earnest. The only other two are iSpeed from this year and Kumba from 2007. I suspect that if I rerode Kumba now, it may not be as good as I remember (it's not the sort of ride I'd usually say is my favourite).
Fwiw, I know a lot of very experienced enthusiasts who have ridden hundreds and hundreds of coasters but still have Kumba in their top ten. Maybe you'd find it'd hold its own with a revisit?

TilenB

Strata Poster
When it comes to my top 10, 4 coasters have been there ever since I first came up with a list (iSpeed, Katun, X2 and Tatsu), which was when I first joined the forums. The ones to follow were Nemesis in 2013, Goliath (WH) in 2014, Black Mamba in 2015 and Shambhala, EGF and Taron all in 2016.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Millennium Force definitely is the most enduring of the list. It was my number one from 2012-2014 (although Beast had that spot for a while as well), and I really think it will stay in my top 10 at least until I go to Europe (Taron, Helix and Wildfire all look much better). I do hope it is able to make it after I do my northeast trip. Phoenix, Skyrush, Superman, and Boulder Dash all look much better.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
New Texas Giant and Goliath GAm have both been my #1 at one point. NTG has been in my top ten ever since I began my enthusiast days and Goliath has been here since 2014. Sadly, they are getting pushed further and further back and may be out of it soon.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Almost everything in my Top 10 came from 2014 or 2015, so going off of that, Outlaw Run is the most enduring by a week. After that, it'd be Goliath.

Although I should mention that I've ridden Viper years before, but I only added it to my Top 10 in 2015.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Nemesis.
Number 1 since 1994. Finally knocked off the top spot by Helix in 2016.
Next oldest is Dragon Khan, that's been in there since 2006. It was my number 2 at the time.
Revenge of the Mummy 2007.
X2 and Tatsu were 2010.
Behemoth 2012.
KK and Toro 2014
Wildfire joined the list in 2016 along with Helix.

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Nothing really.
Only been hard at it since 2015 and everything is from then onwards.
Be interesting to see in a couple more years.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
My longest ever was Millennium Force, which was up there from June 2011 to May 2016, but obviously it's been knocked off.

Currently my longest is Cheetah Hunt which has been there since November 2013, followed by Voyage which has been there since October 2014. Both former number ones.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Skyrush in 2013 went straight to #1 and was only knocked down to #2 a couple of months ago. Highly unlikely this will ever drop out.
Helix was #2 in 2014, still riding high at #5.
Everything else has been in the last couple of years.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Nice thread!

1- Nemesis since about 95 (now #9 - gonna be a sad day if this slips out!)
2 - Colossos since july 2009
3 - Bizarro (SFNE) (since june 2012)
4 - Skyrush (since june 2012)
5 - Sliver Star (since about sep 2013 - but first ridden in 2007, second time much improved!)
6 - Alpina Blitz (about april 2015) (almost tied with piraten from about july 2009)
7 - Roar-O-Saurus - jun 2015
8 - Wicked Cyclone - jun 2015
9 - Taron (since aug 2016)
10- Formula Rossa (mar 2017)

also - big shout out to oblivion which was in there from about 1998/9 until about 2-3 yrs ago

IG9887

Roller Poster
Now lets see...
1. Skyrush- 2012
2. Iron Rattler- 2016
3. Phoenix- 2015
4. Stormrunner- 2013
5. Superman (SFFT)- 2016
6. Dominator- 2016
7. Volcano- 2016
8. Impulse- 2015
9. Batman (SFFT)- 2016
10. Flying Turns- 2015
So Skyrush ever since it opened has not only been in my top 10 the longest but has been my #1 since then...

Voyage has been in my top ten for the past eight years. It was my #1 from 2009 to 2015 and now it is somewhere near the middle of my top ten.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I've ridden so few coasters that the first one I rode and actually liked probably is in my top ten somewhere.

Then again, I don't keep a rigorous top 10, so... eh.

Snoo

The Legend
Easily Maverick, Voyage and El Toro, which came in 2007. I've been on Maverick and Voyage a hundred times but only on El Toro a few times since. I need to go back. I do have a few others such as Boulder Dash and Ravine Flyer 2 which came in 2008. The rest are below:

1. Lightning Rod (2016)
2. Boulder Dash (2008)
3. El Toro (2007)
4. Goliath SFGAM (2014)
5. Wildfire (2016)
6. Voyage (2007)
7. Outlaw Run (2013)
8. Ravine Flyer II (2008)
9. Maverick (2007)
10. Storm Chaser (2016)

A lot of these are older as my favorite type of coaster started to be molded during my expeditions between 2007-8 which added some 150 coasters to my count. As you can tell, finding a good strong woodie with airtime is a tough find but when you do find it, it sticks out pretty quickly. Maverick is my lone ranger which is not like the others. The airtime is what makes it stick though.