Status
Not open for further replies.

Lofty

CF Legend
You are the 1 to our 4.
giphy.gif

jayjay

Giga Poster
I was trying to decide whether money-wise this was a good idea, but it actually turns out I have a thing this weekend. Balls.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Just updated my post on page 1 but in summary, we still have 2 car spaces available and haven't booked our Saturday night hotel yet. So spaces on Waliplopsterix are still available if anyone wants them!

If people still need car spaces, we could pick people up in Dunkirk on Friday night/Saturday morning as long as they understand that we won't be going back there on Sunday night so they would need to get alternative transport to the ferry (if that's how they're travelling)

NosyThemeparkr

Roller Poster
There is an extension to this trip which we are calling 'Waliplopsterix', which adds a day at Walibi Belgium on the Friday before the other two parks.
This post will be edited to keep people updated with the status of this trip.

Travel details (from the UK):
If you want to fly with us then it's Ryanair FR3238 from Manchester to Charleroi, departing at 7:50 on Friday 30th June, and flight FR3223 departing Charleroi at 21:55 on Sunday 2nd July. It's a very cheap return flight at circa £50 at the time of writing.
You can also meet at Charleroi airport at 10:30am on Friday 30th.

Members on this trip
Drivers: witchfinder, Howie
Passengers: NeoXIII, DubaiDave, Sandman, chainedbanana
Current car spaces available: 2 (2 cars booked)

Hotel Bookings
Friday night: Première Classe Dunkerque - Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Saturday night: Campanile - Compiegne

Park Bookings
TBC, but we will qualify for discounted tickets to Walibi (30 EUR) due to the group size.

If anyone else is interested in joining us on this trip then get in touch. Additional drivers are welcome in particular! :)

Hello! If you've still space in one of your cars I'd happily tag along! :D Not done Asterix or Plopsaland before.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Hello! If you've still space in one of your cars I'd happily tag along! :D Not done Asterix or Plopsaland before.
Yep, as Howie says, we still have space in the car, and I think we may be able to manage a bed in one of the rooms Friday night but you'd need to book your own hotel for Saturday and arrange your transport to/from Belgium to fit with ours. One of our group (@chainedbanana) is getting the EuroStar to Brussels so maybe you can get some tips from him?

Hopefully you have all the details you need to do all of that so just PM myself or Howie when you're sorted and we can add you to our planning discussion. :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking at the vote, there's 14 people going...I swear it seemed like more. Going through my mental list...
Ian
Chris Brown
SilverArrow
Rachel
Conor
Jordan
Lofty
Ben
Ben's boyfriend
Sue
Witchfinder
Neo
Dubai Dave
Sandman
Howie
Chainedbanana
Portmine (Asterix only)

I make that 17 (18 if Alex makes it). Maddie, don't understand your intention...Asterix only? Have I missed anybody out? Apologies if I have! Please let me know. I'm going to contact the parks with 20 goons in mind.

NosyThemeparkr

Roller Poster
Yep, as Howie says, we still have space in the car, and I think we may be able to manage a bed in one of the rooms Friday night but you'd need to book your own hotel for Saturday and arrange your transport to/from Belgium to fit with ours. One of our group (@chainedbanana) is getting the EuroStar to Brussels so maybe you can get some tips from him?

Hopefully you have all the details you need to do all of that so just PM myself or Howie when you're sorted and we can add you to our planning discussion. :)
Okay, sounds good to me. =) Eurostar sounds like the easiest option for me travel wise. I'll message chained banana and see about travelling together.
I take it from then, we meet the rest of you at the airport and drive to the three parks together?

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Yep, that would be the plan. chainedbanana is actually getting the train home from Paris, to save having to trek all the way back to Belgium and stay over another night, so maybe you could do the same... :)

NosyThemeparkr

Roller Poster
^ Yep, that would be the plan. chainedbanana is actually getting the train home from Paris, to save having to trek all the way back to Belgium and stay over another night, so maybe you could do the same... :)
Hello! I've contacted chainedbanana and once I know when his trains are and what hotel he's staying at and I've booked, I'll message you again! :)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
^ Cool. Probably best to get chainedbanana or Howie to add you to our discussion group as I'm off on holiday to the US for 3 weeks tomorrow... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.