What's new

Blackpool - 20 May - Rock & Roller Coasters Planning

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
FYI, I do have an Icon based Live name but I'm saving that for 2018 when it's open!

Anyway, our annual trip to Blackpool is just over a month away!

When?
Saturday 20th May. Meet inside the park by the entrance of the Grand National by 10:30. The park is scheduled to open at 10am and close at 7pm.

How much?
A ride wristband costs £22 if bought 10 days before our visit, so by the 10th May. Buy here: https://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/wristbands

Who's coming along to perv over Icon construction and enjoy the usual fabness Blackpool has to offer?!

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Oh dear, this is that time again? If things line up I'll be there as well (depending on how stressed I'll be in May). :)

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I wish I had enough money to come but NO. My family's gotta be poor af.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Im not 100% sure on this one yet, it sits bang in the middle of my exams. I'd like to think i'll need a break from revision and will be able to justify a weekend away but its more likely that i won't have even started by then.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I'd love to come, but it's a real burden to get to from Norwich! Plus I'm planning on a cross country romp for fforest coaster the following week!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Don't forget to book your wristbands before 10th May to get the cheapest option.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Anybody up for visiting Zip World in North Wales on the Sunday to grab to new Alpine cred? Slots can be booked from today.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Anybody up for visiting Zip World in North Wales on the Sunday to grab to new Alpine cred? Slots can be booked from today.

Seems unlikely as I need to be in Derby that evening. I was thinking kiddy creds in Birmingham/Warwick or the new thing in Southport if that takes your fancy?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a point, I do need the creds in the Midlands. And it's closer to home. Hmmm.

Will

Strata Poster
Just FYI - I don't think the new cred in Southport is open yet; apparently it took heavy damage during Storm Doris which delayed its opening indefinitely.
Southport don't even list it on their website.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Just FYI - I don't think the new cred in Southport is open yet; apparently it took heavy damage during Storm Doris which delayed its opening indefinitely.
Southport don't even list it on their website.

Ahh thanks very much for that. Imagine getting to Southport and finding there aren't any creds to get. The word bleak doesn't even come close.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Excellent, this is only a few days away! Meet up is unchanged (about 10:30 at the Grand Nash).

However, I'll be having a spoons breakfast in the Velvet Coaster from about 9am if anybody wants to join me :emoji_thumbsup:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Just a heads up, I'm bringing two of my semi-goon mates along to this - Big Col and Ginger Si.
You'll know which one is which :D