What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Europa also aren't aiming their main clientele at younger audiences. Less of the sass.
Yes they were aiming for younger audiences but maybe they want to change that, that's what I'm talking about. Sometimes families have younger children and teenagers, an intense coaster would draw more of these into the park. It looks like they want to expand their target group. That's why it's not surprising for me. They already have a lot for younger audiences so they can now also start to look at teenagers and above.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Europa also aren't aiming their main clientele at younger audiences. Less of the sass.
But he is half right.

Toverland have, in the past, aimed at younger audiences, and they do still pour a lot of investment into that market. However, they do also have a couple of attractions that I would certainly put more as family/teen attractions (Troy and the high-ropes spring to mind, and to an extent Dwervelwind and Booster Bike). I think a small (in the scheme of wing coasters) wing coaster could be a move for them looking to transition into a more rounded park.

As @Ireeb says, it could actually work really well. They've got a very solid children/family park, with a little bit for the teenagers, but using this B&M as chance to start expanding could be a good move. I suppose they have to start somewhere!

I think this could be an interesting one to see. I'd like it to have that slightly goofy Toverland feel, and the turn at the top of the lift will be interesting to see develop.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Are there any B&Ms with a lower height restriction than 1.4M? I would say that the decision to go with a B&M would coincide with changing the policy on inversions.
Personally, not a huge fan of the inverting drops or B&M wing coasters in general, so as much as a shiny new Swiss coaster is always appreciated, it won't jump Toverland to the top of my must revisit list.

peep

CF Legend
Someone over on Reddit has already made a no limits version of this layout...

Honestly, I'm not really a fan, I'm glad Toverland are making such a large investment but B&M wing coasters are generally not very good (imo). In regards to family friendly, I think a slow wing rider is a good way to introduce younger audiences to inversions. Intimidating in size but not crazy fast or forceful. Toverland has been good at building the ride portfolio to increase the audience range. I think they're taking a leaf out of Plopsa's book which is to grow with their original audience.

It was also being reported that the park will also be adding some sort of water based attraction next year, potentially just some boats on a lake?

Ben

CF Legend
DelPiero, there's the kiddie invert in China that's got a small height restriction. Don't some of the American ones end up being like 1.37m when converted from inches?

I think that layout looks fun and y'all need to stop bitching when ****ing Toverland get a B&M.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
DelPiero, there's the kiddie invert in China that's got a small height restriction. Don't some of the American ones end up being like 1.37m when converted from inches?
Ah yes, forgot about that one. Apart from that they are all around the 1.4M/54 Inch mark though, so when they focus on the teens with a B&M, they probably will give teens the thrill of inversions.
I think that layout looks fun and y'all need to stop bitching when :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing Toverland get a B&M.
I judge any new installation in two ways nowadays. 1 - Am I personally excited by it and would I want to make plans just for that new ride? and 2 - Does it excite me from a family perspective?
For both of these the answer is No. I won't make plans to revisit a park just for a new Wing Rider which isn't a preferential ride type for me or look to be a layout which would change that perspective, and because it's a B&M with a 1.4 restriction, my kids can't and won't be able to ride it for at least another 6 years so the installation doesn't increase the park higher up the visit list on a family basis.
Hence meh, good for the park as it will increase footfall and provide a new experience, but not exciting for me personally. Go suck a lemon ;)

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Superman at Parque Warner opened with a 1.2 m restriction, and we are talking a large multilooper B&M.

It could be very possible that Toverland asked for a lower-than-usual restriction too. As for the coaster itself, blah. It looks B&M are slowly entering the Dutch market with Baron and now this.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Still feels weird to think that Toverland are getting a B&M. And if the layout posted is accurate, it's actually taller and longer than Swarm (just..). On top of a boat ride and a new entrance, it's a ridiculous investment for such a small park!

Just out of curiosity, what's the authenticity of the original layout?

The layout was posted on themeparks.nl forums by a well respected member, who presumably has seen the plans and just drawn it out on Paint. I wouldn't necessarily say it's definitely the layout, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being like that.

It's a shame it's very cookie cutter wingrider material, but I enjoy Swarm so I'll enjoy this. The turn into the dive drop looks quite novel and fun too.

balrog

Mega Poster
The thing is, kids tend to grow up. If you want to keep your clients, It might be smart to grow with them.

Are there any B&Ms with a lower height restriction than 1.4M?
OzIris has a height restriction of 1.3m.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm glad Toverland is getting this but I can't help but feel that the layout above is the worst Wing Coaster layout we've seen to date. I was picturing something similar to Raptor, but I guess not :(

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah, the layout looks like it would be easy to recreate in RCT1, so a bit pedestrian....I reckon the klein airtime hill should have been an inline twist with a keyhole though.

That all said, I don't mind wing riders. The view I take with B&Ms is that what they offer is a very smooth and accessible experience that a lot of visitors are going to enjoy, and you can go with other manufacturers if you want an intense hyper or multi looper to round out your lineup.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think the layout's pretty nice! At least it has an airtime hill, and the turn into the first drop is slightly varied.