What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tsk tsk. Such poppycock. ;-)

My own feelings aside, if I tried to average all ratings of RMCs I've seen recently -- and I must have seen a hundred lists in the last year -- Twisted Colossus is one I most often see in the upper half of the list.
I think if you look through this thread, you'll see that for the people that have actually ridden TC, it often seems to end up in the mid-low rankings. Although there aren't that many people who've ridden a high number of RMCs AND also TC, so it's kinda hard to tell for sure.

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/rank-the-rmcs.38976/

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I think if you look through this thread, you'll see that for the people that have actually ridden TC, it often seems to end up in the mid-low rankings. Although there aren't that many people who've ridden a high number of RMCs AND also TC, so it's kinda hard to tell for sure.

http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/rank-the-rmcs.38976/
I have looked through that thread, and yes, I noticed a lower placement of TC on average there, but my personal experience of browsing RMCs lists across the Internet (fwiw) tells me that this forum is on average more negatively disposed toward TC than most people are.

Then again, as you said, there aren't many people out there who have ridden all or most of the RMCs, yet there are tons of people who make RMC lists anyway, so the results are skewed toward wild volatility.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
So because it blew me away so much, I've decided to slot Superman into my top 10 :).
1. Shambhala
2. Wildfire
3. Helix
4. EGF
5. Katun
6. Silverstar
7. Stealth
8. Nemesis
9. Superman
10.Balder

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
After a trip to Orlando, it's time for a slight change.
1- Lightning Rod
2- Full Throttle
3- Xcelerator
4- Kumba
5- Montu
6- Mako
7- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
8- Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast (Over Texas)
9- Thunderhead
10- White Lightning
11- Expedition Everest
12- Dragon Challenge
13- Manta (San Diego)
14- Tatsu
15- X2

Sythe

Mega Poster
So because it blew me away so much, I've decided to slot Superman into my top 10 :).
1. Shambhala
2. Wildfire
3. Helix
4. EGF
5. Katun
6. Silverstar
7. Stealth
8. Nemesis
9. Superman
10.Balder
Which Superman? I can literally think of 11 different coasters named Superman lol

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

balrog

Mega Poster
Maybe we could use a "ride@park" format for our top 10. I'd rather suffer seing some serious overkill (like GeForce@HoPa) than some serious ambiguity (like "Goliath", "Superman" or "The Monster").

Sythe

Mega Poster
Yes the floorless, its so good and I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did.
How good is the airtime hill on it? That's what really makes it look superior to the other floorless coasters IMO

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Maybe we could use a "ride@park" format for our top 10. I'd rather suffer seing some serious overkill (like GeForce@HoPa) than some serious ambiguity (like "Goliath", "Superman" or "The Monster").
I think most people do that when its a coaster with a common name (I just forgot!). It's in my signature anyway so it's not hard to figure out.

How good is the airtime hill on it? That's what really makes it look superior to the other floorless coasters IMO

Very good! That's what surprised me the most about it, that there was so much airtime when I wasn't expecting it, on the hill you mentioned and there's a really nice moment at the end before the final helix. Also lovely and floaty on the first drop when sitting back row.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Update after a two-day visit to Phantasialand. New rides in bold:

1 - Expedition GeForce
2 - Taron
3 - Superman: the Ride
4 - El Toro
5 - Goliath (Walibi Holland)
6 - Wicked Cyclone
7 - Alpina Blitz
8 - Nitro (SFGADv)
9 - Kingda Ka
10 - Superman: Ultimate Flight (SFGAdv)

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
New for 2017

Lightning Rod
2 Skyrush
3 El Toro
4 Taron
5 Helix
6 Fury 325
7 Wildfire
8 Wicked Cyclone
9 Boulder Dash
10 Phoenix

11 Expedition GeForce
12 Nitro
13 Colossos
14 Maverick
15 Bizarro/Superman
16 Piraten
17 Storm Runner
18 Wooden Warrior
19 Millennium Force
20 Silver Star

Yes, it's that ****ing good.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
New for 2017

Lightning Rod
2 Skyrush
3 El Toro
4 Taron
5 Helix
6 Fury 325
7 Wildfire
8 Wicked Cyclone
9 Boulder Dash
10 Phoenix

11 Expedition GeForce
12 Nitro
13 Colossos
14 Maverick
15 Bizarro/Superman
16 Piraten
17 Storm Runner
18 Wooden Warrior
19 Millennium Force
20 Silver Star

Yes, it's that :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing good.

I believe it. LR looks like no questions asked #1 territory to me.
Usually I try to make trips out of visiting parks, but may say screw it and just go to Dollywood with no pretenses to ride that thing

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I believe it. LR looks like no questions asked #1 territory to me.
Usually I try to make trips out of visiting parks, but may say screw it and just go to Dollywood with no pretenses to ride that thing
I usually do too, I've managed 2 parks this weekend and sacrificed SFOG to make sure I got to ride both LR and Fury. There's times when you just know it's an amazing ride, my first was a middle row (8) and I knew instantly that it was my new number 1.
Everyone needs to ride it, just make the plans and get down there.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I usually do too, I've managed 2 parks this weekend and sacrificed SFOG to make sure I got to ride both LR and Fury. There's times when you just know it's an amazing ride, my first was a middle row (8) and I knew instantly that it was my new number 1.
Funny that was actually one of the ideas I was floating, from Tallahassee it's a pretty straight/easy road trip to SFOG, Dollywood and Carowinds which would knock 2 of my most wanted rides off as well. But I was later thinking dropping SF as well and just flying to Charlotte to do 2 parks 2 days and come back. I'm like a half hearted enthusiast, never wanted to go more than 3 hours to a park solely to go but exceptions can be made.

jayjay

Giga Poster
64 new creds over the last two weeks and four new for my top 20. Now time to slog out the trip report.

1. Kärnan - Hansa Park
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Helix - Liseberg
4. iSpeed - Mirabilandia
5. Wildfire - Kolmården
6. Fluch von Novgorod - Hansa Park
7. Wodan - Europa Park
8. OzIris - Parc Astérix
9. Sky Scream - Holiday Park
10. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa

11. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland
12. Thunderbird - Power Park
13. Stealth - Thorpe Park
14. Troy - Toverland
15. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
16. Cú Chulainn - Tayto Park
17. The Ultimate - Lightwater Valley
18. Balder - Liseberg
19. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park
20. Katun - Mirabilandia

(Black Mamba dropped out from #10, Taron stays put)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Made the plans. August ...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
64 new creds over the last two weeks and four new for my top 20. Now time to slog out the trip report.

1. Kärnan - Hansa Park
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Helix - Liseberg
4. iSpeed - Mirabilandia
5. Wildfire - Kolmården
6. Fluch von Novgorod - Hansa Park
7. Wodan - Europa Park
8. OzIris - Parc Astérix
9. Sky Scream - Holiday Park
10. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa

11. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland
12. Thunderbird - Power Park
13. Stealth - Thorpe Park
14. Troy - Toverland
15. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
16. Cú Chulainn - Tayto Park
17. The Ultimate - Lightwater Valley
18. Balder - Liseberg
19. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa Park
20. Katun - Mirabilandia

(Black Mamba dropped out from #10, Taron stays put)

Impressive effort! Great list as well, always thought Cu Chulainn looked superb and iSpeed, at least in POVs, looks better than Maverick in my eyes

Made the plans. August ...
Nice, Dollywood and Carowinds? Color me envious, I'll try my hardest. I'm thinking (since flights to Tallahassee almost always go through Charlotte) I may take an extra 2 days on another trip and squeeze it in that way

Last edited: