What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Yeah the logo and name are garbage. Even if its good its amazing its not going in my top 10 with a name like that.

Still a bit miffed about the speed, so much marketing has been concentrated on the speed yet as others have mentioned its just not very fast. Tweak the launch so it fly's over that top hat and rips around the layout and then focus the marketing on speed please.

Lofty

CF Legend
When it comes to speed, the only thing this is going to do is give a great illusion of speed, rather than actually execute it. Due to the layout and all the near misses, even the slow pace will feel a lot quicker - I'm not scared of that, I'm just worried it may become quite forceless in the long run.

Dave

CF Legend
T'con the public it seems.

What a horrible mashed up logo, what even is the theme? So much going on there, it could of been a simple Art Deco style logo with iCon or Icon to fit in with the park!

Robbie

Hyper Poster
When that logo was posted after midnight I thought it was concept art or a hoax. But no, it's real and pretty bad. Blackpool Pleasure Beach is all about fun, that name and logo doesn't look fun. Disappointing.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I don't think it's a bad name. It just doesn't fit the coaster very well. It would be more suited to something visually "iconic", like an Intamin accelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
You know what? I don't hate it. The name's ok I guess. It's not great, but in terms of UK coasters over the past decade and a half, it's among the better ones. And besides, most new coaster names sound a bit odd at first, you soon get used to 'em.
The logo? Yeah that's not too bad either. Coulda been worse.
Stop whinging.
Ungrateful he-bitches.

Mitchell

Roller Poster
You know what? I don't hate it. The name's ok I guess. It's not great, but in terms of UK coasters over the past decade and a half, it's among the better ones. And besides, most new coaster names sound a bit odd at first, you soon get used to 'em.
The logo? Yeah that's not too bad either. Coulda been worse.
Stop whinging.
Ungrateful he-bitches.
Yea it could have been worse. The reason I don't like it is because it could have been better. You just have to think about what the name says about the roller coaster, the theme and story it tells and scenery and theme around the attraction. Yes there has also been a recent growth in ridiculous names but come on that's not really an excuse. I know I sound like I'm ranting at BPB but even if you guys put not even much thought into it you can come up with better names.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like the name. It's very bold and Blackpooly - sort of camp with with a "let's make it up on the spot" feel to it. Subliminally it might make non-enthusiasts think, if not realise, it's an iconic coaster and therefore good.

The logo is ok. I read it as "Sword Con" at first.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Don't mind the name, but the logo is pants and the 'theme' is poor.

Really think they've missed a trick by not selling out and going for an IP tbh. I don't care if you call it Fast and Furious; The Ride, just feel they've maybe missed a chance to gain some cheap exposure.

Astro61201

Roller Poster
To be honest the ride looks to be amazing, and quite frankly I couldn't care less what the name is, even the current name could be much worse,could be something that can't be pronounced or just plain boring, to some extent, I view Icon in a similar light to the big one,BPP want the big one to be seen as the biggest and baddest ride of the park and in the same way they want this ride to be seen as an 'Icon' of the park, and hopefully it will be, ultimately these two ride names are the way that the park want the GP to perceive each ride, as the biggest, baddest ride and an iconic ride for the park and country as a whole (I hope you all se what I'm getting at, it worked out better in my head than in words ).

Mitchell

Roller Poster
To be honest the ride looks to be amazing, and quite frankly I couldn't care less what the name is, even the current name could be much worse,could be something that can't be pronounced or just plain boring, to some extent, I view Icon in a similar light to the big one,BPP want the big one to be seen as the biggest and baddest ride of the park and in the same way they want this ride to be seen as an 'Icon' of the park, and hopefully it will be, ultimately these two ride names are the way that the park want the GP to perceive each ride, as the biggest, baddest ride and an iconic ride for the park and country as a whole (I hope you all se what I'm getting at, it worked out better in my head than in words ).
I don't want to say you've changed my mind but you have definitely given me a new perspective, I never really thought about it that way.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Icon as a name is bearable, and will no doubt grow on the majority. If Rita managed it, I'm sure Icon can. My issue comes in with the logo since it obviously indicates at the very least a semi-theme of sorts. It'd be massively disappointing if they don't follow through with some nice landscaping and foliage at the very least. Can't afford to go completely budget on the visual aesthetics after finally investing in a new major coaster. It'd feel like a bit of a cop out to me and others too. I probably wouldn't even have those expectations had I not seen the logo, which is so overt with semiotics.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
To be fair, Taron was an uninspiring, nondescript sort of name but look how the coaster turned out... (Helped by some amazing theming, obviously)

I don't mind the name Icon but the logo is not good. I can see them changing that before it opens.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I quite like the design of the mugs. And actually, I don't dislike the tall poster with the "ICON" text all in the same font inside the top of the dagger shape.

Still not entirely convinced with the dagger shape as an "I", but maybe it'll grow on me.

Also interesting that they're still using the green animation from Mack - I would have thought they'd have an updated one after the proper announcement.