What's new

Särkänniemi | Hype | Premier Sky Rocket II

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The recent photo below shows that Särkänniemi has removed its kiddie river ride. Could a new coaster be on it's way?

Sarkanniemi.jpg

Edited to correct that it's the kiddie river ride that was removed. - ECG

thx

Mega Poster
Re: Särkänniemi removes log flume - new coaster?

Just a small correction, the log flume is still in the park (barely visible in the bottom of the picture) the kiddie flat river ride is the one, which has been removed.
Anyway, I did some googling on Finnish sites and it's been recently confirmed it will be a roller coaster, what manufacturer/model still remains to be seen. The press states that it will "reach higher" than any of their current rides and that you "travel" (as in ride) forwards and backwards and it will cost "several million euros". They also say it will be a ride for "thrillseekers" (roughly translated). They also state that it will be a "signature ride" in the same category as Tornado, Half Pipe and this year's addition X.

For me it sounds a lot like a Sky Loop so far...would prefer something different, also considering Linnanmäki's similar ride. Some guys on the Finnish forums have been debating whether it could be an Intamin Impulse (because of the park's previous experience with the company).

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Looking at the plot of land, I think a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II is most likely. It's taller than any other ride, you go forwards and backwards, and fits in the price range.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

ThomVD

Giga Poster

Thank god they didn't remove the proper log flume. It's really fab and seemed quite popular as well.

S

SimonSays99

Cool they finally get a replacement for the Jet Star removed some years ago. As this spot I would also guess as Sky Rocket or SkyLoop - however Linnamaki in Helsinki already has one of the latter.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I remember finding that area of the park a bit of a dump. No theme, flat, horrible concrete surface and rides that have little to no interest to me or cohesion in terms of thrills. The two new areas (Angry Birds and the farm) were quite fab, so I am sort of hoping they will make an effort to beautifully theme their new coaster, their biggest investment for a while, to bring that area up to scratch.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
If this coaster doesn't have an announcement saying "All aboard the Hype train!" in the station, I'm going to be severely disappointed.