What's new

RCT Classic on Mobile

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Can anyone remember if they had the fast forward buttons on the PC versions? Feel like I'm cheating a bit when i use them but god they are handy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do vaguely recall there being fast forward (and indeed, a pause button) on the PC versions. I'm sure it existed on both RCT and RCT3.

Then again, a Google search isn't being very helpful and it was many years ago that I last played either of them!

Will

Strata Poster
Can anyone remember if they had the fast forward buttons on the PC versions? Feel like I'm cheating a bit when I use them but god they are handy.
I'm pretty confident that RCT and RCT2 didn't have them - I feel exactly the same and don't use them on principle - as dull as that does make the likes of Evergreen Gardens...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Can anyone remember if they had the fast forward buttons on the PC versions? Feel like I'm cheating a bit when i use them but god they are handy.

RCT2 didn't have them, RCT3 did. Never played RCT1.

OpenRCT2 has fast forward buttons, though. Really nifty.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Got my first extreme excitement on a woodie! I think I could get it to an 11 but cba with theming. Confident I got a 12 with a B&M hyper but on my PC. Has anyone got better? Only rule I have is I can only have 1 lift hill.
BC855217-6932-423D-BC5A-B399751BB248_zps7fi60eml.png

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
does anyone have a decent strategy for these? I used these Classics:
  • Dont build toilets, guests leave the park when they need a wee so a constant stream of new guests is kept up and the park rating doesn't dip that low.
  • Close the park when it gets near to capacity and use strategically placed no entry signs to empty it out quickly then re open with a marketing campaign to rake in the profit.
Closing the park was extremely effective for some quick buck but gets a bit tedious doing it every month or so

To add to this list of tips:

Marketing
  • For Pay-Per-Ride Parks: Always keep the "free ride" and "free food" marketing campaigns going. These are very cheap marketing campaigns that provide a steady influx of guests.
  • For Pay-To-Enter Parks: Always keep the "half-price" marketing campaign going, with gate fees marked towards the higher budget limit for peeps in your scenario. Again, this is a very cheap marketing campaign that provides an influx of guests, while also allowing you to cheat your gate price towards a higher cost for non-coupon carrying peeps.
Overhead Costs
  • Ever notice how food, on-ride photos, etc. cost more than the net revenue you draw from an item purchase? This is overhead, and is ultimately money not going into your park budget. In which case, I would not recommend building on-ride photos, t-shirt stalls, other souvenir stalls. While each purchase may lose you ~$0.50, that will add up in the long run! Rather, focus on feeding your peeps and get them riding - you get 100% of ride ticket proceeds!
  • On the topic of food, don't worry too much about upcharging your food items. Yes, it provides an additional injection of cash - but you can also reap that same added value by slightly marking up ride ticket prices. What's most important is that you keep your peeps fed and happy; that way they spend all of their wallet in the park!
  • Be mindful of how expensive it is to run each ride! Long brake runs, launches, lift hills are costlier components to operate. By simply shortening a brake run, removing a couple lift hill segments, etc. can save a few dollars for hourly operation.
  • If peeps are mentioning how a ride is "good value", that means you are undercharging. Make that money!
Cheap, Good Rides to Build Early
  • We all like to swing for the fences with a multi-looping floorless coaster or fancy wooden coaster; but focusing on simple, cheap attractions early in the game will build out your revenue generation quickly, so that you can afford better attractions later.
Some suggested rides that are cheap and carry good thrill:
  • Stingray pre-build Steel Coaster (Also custom build any shuttle Steel Coaster)
  • Mango Muncher pre-build Mini Steel Coaster (You can remove a brake run track on this so that the train more quickly hits the block brakes)
  • Log Flume, River Rapids, Splash Boat (minimal station requirements, that allows you to build a long, sprawling layout with high excitement)
  • Custom build a wooden coaster (which is cheaper than steel), focused on lots of closs calls with track to up the excitement.
Loans
  • You are being very thoughtful to want to pay your loans back promptly in the game - but it is very cheap money. Even at 10% interest, you are paying a nominal $50-150 monthly for loans (far cheaper than staff, research, etc.); take loans out as needed, and pay down when possible, but don't sweat it if you are floating higher for borrowed money.
Build Exciting, Custom Coasters
To accomplish this simply, focus on:
  • block braking to reduce station length and improve safety. By putting two block stages in your final brake run, this makes for good capacity and easy 3 train operation.
  • Lots of track overlap and close calls: RCT loves track that is tightly packed.
  • Layout over speed. Again, fast track is cool, but track interaction will generate greater excitement more cheaply (and probably carry lower intensity and nausea).
  • Build with wood, at least at first. It is far cheaper than custom Steel and other track types.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
How did you manage that? I've had very high consistently, but never extreme.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
The peeps are shook
Nah they were lapping up the £10 ride price!

How did you manage that? I've had very high consistently, but never extreme.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just do a mixture of things, I always aim for a decent length, lots of air time, lots of twisty low to the ground fast sections, interactions with paths and head choppers, a few tunnels and other than a the main few drops I try to keep low to the ground hugging the terrain. If you jump on karts and coasters the two woodies there are decent examples!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Anyone know if the huge scenario at the loading screen is playable at all? Not sure if they've snuck it in as a bonus park as it's looks crazy!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I was wondering the same thing, assuming it would be apart of the last group to unlock?

Dave

CF Legend
I've managed to complete up to the Coral Group, had some leave recently and killed many a day completing a scenario a day! The only one I've left out so far is Amity Airfield, as I'm not the best at paid entrance parks, especially one with 3,000 guests needed!

I've found that the bread winners of the game are Vertical Drop coasters, especially if you can get 5-6 trains on the go, just rakes in the money if on pay-per-ride!

Looking forwarding to completing Ghost Town for the 3rd time! One of the most challenging scenarios on the whole game!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Easiest way to breeze through levels is to just build like 15 space shot rides and charge 2.50 per ride, add the custom Station House and music... and just watch the money flow... It might not be pretty but it brings in the guests and the money. Also, feel no shame in charging $10 for umbrellas. <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ In the same light, I've been doing a solid Stingray, Boomerang, and other shuttle coaster approach for cheap thrills.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's a real honor to have received this award. I know the odds were against us, but our team really came through.
22171592_10210667799437670_708462065_o.jpg

22117725_10210667789917432_1313311181_o.png

I still have some more levels to get through to have beaten it all - but Micro Park was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be!