What's new

Notable Deaths 2017

Howie

Donkey in a hat
In theory, this topic should be a lot shorter than 2016 cos there's hardly anybody left.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Alien, Elephant Man, Midnight Express, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, 44 Inch Chest, Hellboy, V For Vendetta, even Dr. Who. John Hurt was much more than Ollivander in Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

nadroJ

CF Legend
Alien, Elephant Man, Midnight Express, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, 44 Inch Chest, Hellboy, V For Vendetta, even Dr. Who. John Hurt was much more than Ollivander in Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

But to this generation that's easily his best known role, stop being a snob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
LOL! Yeah, let's not mention anyone's greatest achievements just because Millennials might not have been around at the time. Give me a break!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with Jerry. While it may be his best known role to millennials, he should be celebrated for the other great works he was in and I've always watched films old and new - I'm a great believer that everyone should. So some pointers of good films to also look out for never goes amiss.

Sent from my E6683 using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm not saying don't mention his other films, obviously he should be celebrated for all of his amazing work. It was the eye roll that pissed me off because it's rude and snobby. He could have just written 'not to mention' and then listed them instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
I didn't even realise he was Ollivander until yesterday, so I feel equally daft.
And educating people who haven't seen V for Vendetta, Alien or Scandal can be no bad thing.
A sad loss, however you knew him best.