What's new

GhosterForce 2017 - Quick show of hands!

Do you want to go to GhosterForce 2017?

• Yes, please! Count me in.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Yes, I'm 98.9% certain.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
13-15 Oct - GhosterForce (Movie, Heide, Hansa)

To help with my planning, please select one of the options above.

I have no idea of costs, but, if I estimate it using worst case, it could be £50 per person per night (2 nights, £100), about £35pp entry per park (3 parks, £105), ground travel costs (guessing about £25pp) and the good ol' safety net as **** knows what will happens when the Brexit negotiations start (£20pp), you'd be looking at about £250pp for hotels, ground travel and park entry. Obviously I will do my best to bash the cost down. I reckon with a bit of charm I could get it down to about £200pp. I haven't factored in any perks yet, either!

I want to stress that this is not a planning topic in the traditional sense, so posting in here doesn't guarantee you a space on the Live. Before the official stuff starts, I need to work out how many lovely people are willing to drive (please post below!) and roughly how many CFers are interested.

I'm in a much better head space this year so I won't be leaving this until the last minute like last year. Although, if I'm complimentary to myself, GhosterForce 2016 kicked arse and I'm bloody determined to make GF2017 ****ing kick ****ing arse. And that's swearing!

So yeah, potential drivers please post below and vote in the poll. Those who want to go but don't want to/can't drive, please vote in the poll!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
100% up for this once again. I'm happy to put my name down for driving if things get desperate but being under 25 we'd be eligible to the younger drivers added costs.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Conor and I are interested, driving still TBC because we're heading on to Berlin after for a bit of a mini-moon so need to work out logistics.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
I can go providing I can get work off and my passport sorted which shouldn't take long.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm up for it as usual. After last year, I'd like to try doing a video and not having my camera die too.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yarp.
Was thinking about skipping this one as I went to Heide and Hansa last year... but what the hell. For 250 quid a pop it'd be rude not to wouldn't it?
I don't mind driving - no 'young driver premiums' here. #oldb*stard.

Am I right in thinking that Movie Park isn't far away from Phantasialand? Cos if so, I'll be going there the day before the Live starts as I still haven't been there yet. #basicoldb*stard.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I'm 100% in! Frank can't make this now unfortunately :(
@Howie I'm also hoping to visit Phantasialand before the live....but i'm sure we can discuss that a bit closer to the time when things are confirmed.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Am I right in thinking that Movie Park isn't far away from Phantasialand? Cos if so, I'll be going there the day before the Live starts as I still haven't been there yet. #basicoldb*stard.

I'm 100% in! Frank can't make this now unfortunately :(
@Howie I'm also hoping to visit Phantasialand before the live....but i'm sure we can discuss that a bit closer to the time when things are confirmed.
I'll also be doing this as it's frankly rude not to go to PL when in the vicinity.

Ben

CF Legend
I'm 99.9% certain.

I will also look at Phantasialand haha, but it might all come down to holiday days and how I can time flights.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'm 100% coming and happy to drive again. Or happy to take a back seat if we have some new extra drivers this year. Whatevs.

Dave

CF Legend
Love to come along again, was such a great time last year! (still meaning to do that trip report...)

Not being a driver I'll vote in the poll!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
God I'd love to do phantasialand again... maybe an unofficial pre live trip? Or maybe Ian could possibly squeeze it in on the start of the official live...:rolleyes:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So many drivers! Thank you! Only 13 have clicked a poll option so far, kind of hoping the number will be at least 25. Makes it easier to negotiate with the parks.
God I'd love to do phantasialand again... maybe an unofficial pre live trip? Or maybe Ian could possibly squeeze it in on the start of the official live...:rolleyes:
Nah, won't be part of the official Live, but I know what will happen. Chris and I will end up being Gay Travelling Partners again (with Dave acting as Fluffer) so we'll head over a day early to do Phanta, everybody else will do the same so about 20 people end up going, IanFromCoasterForceBot activates because it's an opportunity for him to contact the parks and take advantage of group discounts, and I'll end up thinking I should have made it part of the trip anyway. But no, I'm not adding Phanta to GhosterForce 2017...but I'm sure IanFromCoasterForceBot will sort group entry if there is enough people.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I was planning to hitting up PHL anyway before the Live and other parks nearby if possible. As well as showing up at my parent's in Germany for a little while >.<

S

SimonSays99

I am in for Hansa and Heide - and maybe also Movie but depends on my holiday days left as I already have Japan and Oktoberfest booked.

For Hansa and Heide I would stay at home but could do some driving - as local know all the Hamburg highway construction traffic loopholes. As I only have a Seat Ibiza FR can only accommodate 3 passengers - 1 tall (front) and two not so tall in the back.

Edit: My car is a no smoking car ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.