What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
I thought I'd seen a posts from people with Silver Star open but that is worrying.

I'll see about doing some digging. Maybe Tweet fabulous Jakob.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Here's what's advertised on the website as being shut:

Silver Star
Poseidon
Atlantica Supersplash
Rapids
Log ride
Blue Fire - although people have said it does open up if it's warm enough, but Europa aren't stating this anywhere I've seen.

I'm going there this weekend so I'll find out what I can. It's gonna be really cold and snowy so I reckon that quite a few of the outdoor coasters may take a while to open (if at all), and I doubt Blue Fire will budge.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Makes sense that the water rides are closed but shame about Silver Star.

To be fair this Live was always meant to be about CF experiencing a winter event and seeing in the new year together, and not about the creds, but appreciate how this might put people off if they've never been before.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be fair this Live was always meant to be about CF experiencing a winter event and seeing in the new year together, and not about the creds, but appreciate how this might put people off if they've never been before.
I'm sorry... what?

;)

Will

Strata Poster
Not that I'll be going, but I doubt I'm the only one that would happily justify spending New Year's Eve in Bar St Louis even if the whole bloody park was shut :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm sorry... what?

;)
I know, how could we?! I'll admit that from a selfish POV I've already got the creds and am not a huge fan of any of the closed coasters so on a personal level it doesn't affect me too much, but the event DOES look amazing and I want it in my life, so why not share the fun as a CF Live?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I know, how could we?! I'll admit that from a selfish POV I've already got the creds and am not a huge fan of any of the closed coasters so on a personal level it doesn't affect me too much, but the event DOES look amazing and I want it in my life, so why not share the fun as a CF Live?
It's even the first (okay, second) thing you see when you go to the CF home page:
Capture_zpsorlz7ng0.png

That said, I do agree with you! Although having not been, I'd probably get cred-envy if they were all just sitting there. :p

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
Another thing for Pre/Post-Ghosterforce might be visiting Tiger and Turtle near Movie Park. For people who don't know about it, it's a big installment on a hill shaped like a roller coaster track. You can walk even walk around on it (except the looping bit)! Would that count as a cred? ;)

http://www.duisburg.de/micro2/tat/

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's my pleasure to confirm these dates:

8 April - Vienna
Have checked, the parks open on the 1st April so this gives locals and die hard goons a chance to go on opening weekend, we'll go weekend after! Prater will be the main Live but I'm sure Family Park and the other +1's will happen on the Sunday.

20 May - Blackpool
Nothing new to get excited about this year but it's Blackpool! This date avoids the bank holidays.

1/2 July - Asterix/Plopsa
@Serena, I did see your request for early June but needed to give a big enough gap between Lives and give both parks enough time to get their creds open! Really don;t want to postpone for another year!

Sun 10 Sept - Chessington
Hopefully quiet enough after the summer holidays for a pleasant get together.

13-15 Oct - GhosterForce (Movie, Hiede, Hansa)
Oooo, Friday 13th. Have checked the dates, the Halloween stuff is on at the parks. Have left Hansa for Day 3 in case people want to go off to Denmark afterwards. This will be a late finish on the Sunday. I will organise everything again so please don't book flights or time off work until I've worked out a cost and you're guaranteed a place. By end of Feb, promise.

5 Nov - Alton Towers
Yay! Fireworks on actual Firework Night! Don't expect to get a lot done, but it's really all about the fireworks.

2/3 Dec- PortAventura World
I've noticed they call themselves PortAventura World now (PAW for short). This is the weekend before two Spanish public holidays so it should be reasonably quiet. Please book your own travel/accommodation etc, as I doubt I'll get a better deal as a group. I remember a few years ago it was cheap as premium chips, with hotel, two days park and early entry being a bargain.

I've also decided to quietly drop Europa for NYE for two reasons. 1. A lot of notable rides aren't open. 2. I should really spend NYE with my local mates as I've shunned them for CFers for the last two NYEs! If a CF Team Member wants to take it on, or run it as an unofficial thing in Trip Planning, that's fine.

So there you go, I hope as many CFers as possible can make the Lives this year. For what I thought might be a rubbish year has panned out to be quite fab!

nadroJ

CF Legend
LOVE! Pretty much doing all of these except Blackpool. Super stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hoping we'll see some big progress on SW8 by the time we visit AT on the last day of the season.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Shame about the Europa NYE bash, I was quite looking forward to that. New years eve is always such an anticlimax, woulda been great to do sumat different and exciting and.... well, goony!
For the record - if any of the team (love you guys x) are tempted to take it on as an unofficial event, I'm already in :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Excellent stuff all round!

Trying to think up names for the Lives. Suggestions welcome!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd like to try and make a couple of Lives this year - I think my average has been a Live every other year so far. :rolleyes:

I'm tempted by Blackpool, Asterix/Plopsa and Port Aventura, although I think France might fall through due to it's proximity to another holiday I've got booked.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm up for doing a few of these, as much as budget/holiday allows. Now to start looking at add-ons :D Anyone up for Europa mid-year?

Sandman

Giga Poster
Will try and get to a few where possible, but I'd mainly like to try and jump in on the Asterix/Plopsa leg. Tis unfortunate that Europa isn't a thing but I'm sure it'll crop up at a more convenient time!

Status
Not open for further replies.