What's new

SeaWorld San Diego | Electric Eel | Premier Skyrocket II

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
So I came across this while lurking on the Roller Coaster subreddit.....

nmYC0xT.jpg

But wait, it gets better.....

Ya18eWC.png

2018 Premier Sky Rocket II? It could work for that park pretty well I think!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Funny, ever since tempesto got half-assed placed at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.... I've always questioned whether it was the original park to receive the ride or not and debated amongst my friends that it was probably for some other park in the SW/Busch family that ran into planning problems. San Diego was always my first choice. But yet, still don't find it to be a 'good' fit there, either.

But hey, +1.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The original Sky rocket II is Superman Ultimate Flight at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, as according to RCDB, it was the first one to open...

Ben

CF Legend
Yh Canobie's post makes absolute sense so ssshhh.

These things are gross and I really don't think a SeaWorld quality park should get one.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If this does indeed have VR, will it be the first new coaster to open with VR?

It'll be a shame, but it'll be interesting to see if they can sort out some of the operational issues when designing the station and queue from scratch.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
A brand new coaster, that has inherent operational issues could possibly get VR - a worrying thought! The park has high attendance as well.
Seems to have similar theming aesthetics to Mako which i'm not complaining about.
C1QftN5UcAAsc6q.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
SWSD attendance isn't great, and the coasters typically have smaller queues. The park is ****ing tiny.

I'll go back for this...maybe. I do want to ride their Manta again though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I agree, that video says VR to me. And also 'we made this video cheaply and it's ****'

Hate these rides, the park's a bit gross, yay?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
(Re: VR) After seeing this artwork I'm not sure anymore. Reminds me of the "show scenes" they used on Mako. I can see them putting it on their Manta instead.
C1Rq7N8UAAEmd3V.jpg

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Annddd..... the artwork also goes to show, once again Busch decides to screw it up and add the so-called Comfort Collars onto the ride. Meh.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
May I ask why this thread is in "Other Ride Construction" and not in the coaster construction forum? Does the possible VR change the experience that much?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think it's just been filed in the wrong forum. I'd missed this, good spot. I'm moving it now.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
If a ride has a low capacity anyway it doesn't matter as much that it has VR. Without VR: Bad capacity. With VR: Bad capacity. I think it's only a big problem if you bring down the capacity of a ride that usually has a great capacity.

Also: Someone slap the person who wrote "Zero-G-Roll" instead of "Heartline Roll" in the video.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It'd be great if they implemented the duel stations like they have on Mr Freeze to help with capacity and for vr purposes, but apparently that is never gonna happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Well, the one they sold in Mexico has the dual loading station. But when a friend of mine was there over the summer, only one station was in use. Despite a line of over an hour. I was surprised Busch Gardens didn't get the dual station but I guess they don't need it. When I was there the ride was a walk-on despite other lines being mid-sized (same for the one at Lake Compounce)