What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^that's going from Coast2Coaster which says 12 in Prater, 1 around the corner and 4 in Familypark. I've never been before so forgive me if my numbers are slightly off because of some anomalies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ You'll have to forget about the kiddy coaster at Prater. When you see it you'll understand why.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
LOIVING the idea of Europa for NYE. I'm totally up for that. NYE is usually such a big anticlimax of an evening so I'm stocked to possibly spend it doing something fab.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I'll be very up for the vast majority of these, Vienna doesn't really appeal to me so i'll have to have a look and see whats there. Europa Park is an excellent idea for new years but could also be quite awkward in my diary. Ghosterforce is a massive yes as is Portaventura

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Vienna doesn't really appeal to me so i'll have to have a look and see whats there.

It means nothing to me either.

Tempted by Port Aventura in December, would like to get back there. Not bee on Shambles yet either. Will do Chessington and likely give serious thought to Blackpool.

Reactions: Ian

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
At the moment I'm keen for both Plopsa/Asterix and Port Aventura (and maybe Europa Park at New Year too). Will have a look at the others when I know a bit more about my other plans for the rest of the year.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ And the kiddy coaster in Familypark is even smaller, so those two are a no-go.
Ah, see what you mean! Still, a +15 isn't too shabby!

I'll be looking after Europa for New Years so will be investigating options (re resort hotels vs. B&B off site) and what the best price would be. I've been keeping an eye on it this year and it seems to sell out ridiculously fast, so we'd probably look at booking around early November for that one. It'll be really fab I know it!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm definitely in for Ghosterforce and hopefully PA too, I'll think about Plopsa/Asterix after Xmas.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Yes, yes, yes! I LOVE the idea of Europa for NYE :D that could be really fab. I know Efteling's new years event sells out really far in advance, so getting advance tickets would be worth baring in mind for Europa.

I would love for Parc Asterix and Plopsa to fall on the first weekend of June if poss ;) as it was so lovely having a Live on my birthday this year.

Ghosterforce should be a yes from me too, is it worth considering to add Denmark on as a Post-Live after Hansa too for Djurs new coaster? Plus Djurs do a Halloween event too, might be quiet fab?

Port Aventura in November can get back in my face with its underwhelming new addition! ;)

I won't be at Blackpool or Vienna, probably not Thorpe or Chessie either.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The only potential one I could do, depending on dates, is the late summer one. But it's Thorpe and Chessingdump, so probably nah. We'll see though.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Ghosterforce should be a yes from me too, is it worth considering to add Denmark on as a Post-Live after Hansa too for Djurs new coaster? Plus Djurs do a Halloween event too, might be quiet fab?

As soon as I heard the rumour that Hansa was on the cards, I've been planning a Denmark addition to the Live. I like the idea of copying JayJay's 'train on a boat' across from Germany. Done all of Denmark before, except Farup, but Tivoli and Djurs are always worth a return visit anyway (plus Djurs has the new Intamin - yay). So yeah, I don't mind organising that as an add-on if other people are interested.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Definitely want to do Ghosterforce and Port Aventura!
Maybe Plopsa/Asterix but it depends on the date.
UK ones i'll decide closer to the time but more than likely will go along for Thorpe or Chessie.

Ben

CF Legend
Djurs' Halloween event isn't very exciting but Djurs is fab.

It would also be great if Vienna was the last weekend in March as I would also like a live on my bday <3

Snoo

The Legend
I'll push these silly bitches Stateside to put something together. There isn't much going on and as Tom noted, a lot of plans have already been set (private discussions with a few CFers over here) as well as 2018 shaping up to be a monster year may just hold everyone off a year.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
As soon as I heard the rumour that Hansa was on the cards, I've been planning a Denmark addition to the Live. I like the idea of copying JayJay's 'train on a boat' across from Germany. Done all of Denmark before, except Farup, but Tivoli and Djurs are always worth a return visit anyway (plus Djurs has the new Intamin - yay). So yeah, I don't mind organising that as an add-on if other people are interested.

Oh - That sounds awesome! I'd love to do Tivoli and Bakken again too - and possibly bonbon land, and I need to experience more Juwelen...

TilenB

Strata Poster
It would also be great if Vienna was the last weekend in March as I would also like a live on my bday <3
Note that Familypark only opens for the season on 1st of April next year. I guess that would be a must-do if the Vienna Live does indeed get realized.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Parc Asterix definitely interests me, but I suspect it may clash with my trip to the USA which is early-mid June. I definitely want to get back to Thorpe next year too.

If anyone in the US wants to meet up, I will be going solo to Kentucky Kingdom and/or Holiday World when my wife is binging on Country Music in Nashville around 10th June... :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Having looked at a map, I do agree that Movieland is really out of the way for GhosterForce, unless we slip in something along the way, although there's nothing of note according to RCDB and Coast2Coaster.

One suggestion is have GhosterForce as Heide and Hansa and a separate trip for Movie Park, maybe taking in Fort Fun Abenteuerland as well.

We could stick with the Hansa-Hedie-Movie Parks for GhosterForce if people don't mind the long drive between Heide and Movie (or vice versa). Obviously this woudl mean dropping a car off at a different airport to pick up which usually adds on quite a bit of £££.

At the end of the day, I want as many people to go as possible, so there's no need to panic and get everything organised right now. I'm happy for the discussion to go on for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.