What's new

Coasters you see in everyday society.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
At my work I have a large poster / decoration right next to my desk. There is a rollercoaster on the poster and I've never known what ride it is or if its a stock image or whatever.

My thought has always been that its an early Intamin stand-up coaster like shockwave at Drayton. Does anyone know what else it could be?

Also has anyone else got any examples of coasters used in society like this? Only thing I can think of is the channel 4 advert with the over edited Jaguar! POV.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZEbv7tTVnk[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
That white coaster is an old pic of Texas Tornado at Wonderland in Texas - its a stock image, also appears as a "user account picture" in Windows7;

http://rcdb.com/254.htm#

Attachments

• W7TT.jpg
    W7TT.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 191

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Every single time a roller coaster appears on a textbook, every single one of my classmates swarms me asking me what it is.

So **** annoying.

Zac

Roller Poster
I swear every physics textbook ever has a stock photo of a coaster to show "fun" and "practical physics". For example
dfDJMPZ.png

TilenB

Strata Poster
Prater's Boomerang has to be one of the most popular coasters in that respect. I've seen the same picture on a job application center add in Netherlands

spacebum

Roller Poster
When I used to go to A4e they had "the job roller coaster" a huge pic of a messed up hybrid of Arrow/Vekoma track with a B&M train slammed on to it. I hated seeing it eery time I saw my "advisor". Glad that crap company is gone now.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Irony: Outside my school's main science lecture hall, we have this really artsy wall piece showing edited images of a boomerang with mathematical formulas in the foreground. A boomerang; aka something that shows a lack of understanding of physics. XD

Even though it's not a coaster, I see this defunct thing from my house on a daily basis. It's an observation deck of the old amusement park that use to be here (that I was too young to get creds at, spite).

479f62c6596f3594c223ec175715d166.jpg

Also a few of my old textbooks from school have coasters on them. It was an Arrow though, so it was gross.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That looks almost like Space Vertigo with the top removed, and another 100 feet added to it. And rusted to the point past a Jungle mouse from 2001.

It's even worse if you have to pass it every day, when it's operational, knowing you can't go(High school is a botch). :cry:

Edward M

Strata Poster
My old Algebra textbook had Top Thrill Dragster on the front, and all of my math textbooks have had some coaster in them. Other than that, I don't see many at all.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Blackpool pleasure beach has been in a couple of TV adverts. The Specsavers (Infusion) one and the big one is briefly at the end of that current Orangutan one (although the rest of the advert is shot on one of the piers). BBC also have a Blackpool pier ident.

Love the knotts ident!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Knott's Berry Farm coasters seem to be very popular for Kings Island and Cedar Point adverts around here. :razz:

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Not sure if its been posted elsewhere on the site as its pretty old but Keane setup a mini rollercoaster to film them in one of their music videos, pretty cool!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVe_KVzBFOo[/youtube]

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
One of my textbooks have a pic of kumba operating at night.
The funny thing is it's on a English textbook, not a physics textbook.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Could be Jetline, I'm pretty sure Lesbianbanana doesn't get high enough off the ground for a pic like that.