• Tea

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Coffee

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Which do you prefer?

- Coffee also represents Cappuccino, Latte, Black Coffee, etc...
- Coffee can also represent Hot Chocolate
- Say wether you like your tea strong, with sugar, etc...

Me. I'm a Cappuccino man. With chocolate sprinkling on top. Yum, Yum <3

Let the biggest, greatest, showdown begin.

BBH

Giga Poster
It truly depends on multiple factors, but I like my favorite coffee more than my favorite tea, therefore, coffee wins.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Hot chocolate is better than both.

Depends on when tbh, coffee in the morning can be quite nice, Tea works well throughout the day.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Coffee is vile. Even the smell of it makes me feel sick.

Hot chocolate is only acceptable if made using milk and a decent cocoa-based powder (preferably liquid based, but that's a rarity).

With tea you just can't go wrong.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Coffee is fab. It's got a fantastic smell and good coffee is delicious, especially on a lazy Sunday morning.

I can't drink much of it though. It gives me heartburn, a headache and a painful liver. I do enjoy the odd cup every now and then.

So I drink lots of tea instead. The problem is that naff tea is really rank and it's easy to get tea wrong. Bad coffee is still bad, but I always find it drinkable - vending machines are the best example of this, or tea made with long life milk (eugh).

I'm not going to be pitting either of them in a fight to the death any time soon though ;)

nealbie

CF Legend
Coffee, as generally agreed by most here is just disgusting, the end.

The only possibly excuse for drinking it is because of the far greater amount of caffeine in coffee than in tea. But with energy drinks rife across the shop-shelves and fridges even that excuse has become pointless.

I do agree with what Phil has said, to a point. Vending machines can't do it, it's true (UHT milk <///3), but for a human to get tea wrong is, to be honest, tantamount to high treason and said person should be flogged and hanged. :p

Coffee on the other hand, is, as has been said, universally impossible to get wrong. Meaning that it's all "just coffee" and there's no art to it (because machines CAN make it), so you're only drinking it for that caffeine buzz. So just pick up a Red Bull (or if you're poor or (more likely) have been offended by Sebastian Vettel's existence pick up a Relentless/Monster/Blue Bolt/Kick), it just makes more sense.

So yeah, um... Tea. ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
nealbie said:
Coffee on the other hand, is, as has been said, universally impossible to get wrong. Meaning that it's all "just coffee" and there's no art to it (because machines CAN make it), so you're only drinking it for that caffeine buzz. So just pick up a Red Bull (or if you're poor or (more likely) have been offended by Sebastian Vettel's existence pick up a Relentless/Monster/Blue Bolt/Kick), it just makes more sense.

It is an it isn't. It's like saying chocolate is "just chocolate". Yes, it all has an underlining chocolate taste, but there's much more to it than the basic chocolate flavour.

Obviously, if you dislike the basic coffee taste, then you're not going to like any version of it. However, if you do like it, there's a universe of difference between a vending machine cup of coffee flavoured mud and a cup of freshly ground Ecuadorian mountain bean.

You're right though, a coffee drinker will still drink the mud and will still be able to stand it because it's "just coffee" :lol:

kimahri

CF Legend
furie said:
Bad coffee is still bad, but I always find it drinkable

The Coffees I make at work are universally always left practically full... I think mine are are pretty disasterous if your statement is true.

nealbie

CF Legend
furie said:
You're right though, a coffee drinker will still drink the mud and will still be able to stand it because it's "just coffee" :lol:

And the tea drinker will spit out a bad cup of breakfast tea and call Jeeves to fetch a pot of Earl Grey! :lol:

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
coffee is ok but not great, it has to be milky

Tea is perfect. A slight amount of sugar makes it even better.

I love hot chocolate too and a horlicks before bed <3