What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I am interested to hear other peoples opinions about what is the best B&M Invert. My current favourites are Montu and Nemesis but i would like to know what yours is and why it is. Anyone who has been on Oziris or Katun i would especially like to know what you think of them as i am riding them this summer.

andrus

Giga Poster
Black Mamba <3 The theming is out of this world! The ride is super smooth, I mean you literally can't feel a single vibration during the ride. The forces are good and it has the best zero-g I have ever experienced (the only one where you're actually weightless). And of course the fabulous final helixes! :--D

Katun is great too! Actually it's my second invert, also in my top 10 and ahead of Nemesis, Alpengeist etc. The thing I like most with Katun is the speed. It's very fast for being an invert! Normally B&M inverting coasters go rather slow through the inversions but this one keeps up a fairly good tempo! The many parts where the track goes close to the ground plus the tunnel and the mcbr that barely brakes of course adds to the great pacing! Katun is also a very forceful ride! Several rerides will make you sick :p And the setting is almost as beautiful as Blak Mamba's :)

Jake

Strata Poster
I LOVE the Batman clones. Actually, they're probably my personal faves.

Montu and Talon are fierce too.

Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno and Flight Deck are all decent, but nothing special, let's face it.

Alpengeist didn't do much for me to be perfectly honest. Great Bear and Silver Bullet are pretty pants too.

I really want to do Afterburn </3.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
From what I've ridden:

Raptor
Patriot
Talon
DD Fire
DD Ice
Batman: The Ride
Silver Bullet

On the to do list:

Afterburn
Montu
Great Bear
Alpengeist

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I'm a big Alpengeist fan, certainly more than most. Here's my personal top 5:

Alpengeist
Montu
Talon
Afterburn
Batman

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its a tough one really. I've only ridden 4, but I've enjoyed them all for different reasons; Nemesis, Inferno, OzIris and Batman la Fuga.

Batman was by the most intense, shortly followed by Nemesis. Then Inferno and OzIris are kid of coupled together as they're less intense, but I've always had a little thing for Inferno, and Oz has that amazing first drop....

If I was asked which one would I like to ride right now..... it would be OzIris. So thats my fav.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I find there's very little to separate them to be honest. A bad B&M Invert is still an excellent ride.

My personal favourite is probably Alpengeist, simply for the hugeness, but more importantly, the little kind of weaving section it had in the back half of the ride where it wasn't doing "B&M Invert STUFF!" It's just that it made the ride stand out as something different.

I enjoyed Great Bear too and the first half of the ride is absolutely brilliant, but it just dies at the end. That first half though is so good it makes up for the pants last bit.

I think Nemesis is next, but only on those "late October, 8:30 p.m. in the drizzle" moments. The rest of the time it's mediocre/good depending.

Talon or Nemesis Inferno next, both are pretty much on a par for me.

Oh, Batman... Where the hell to put Batman? Probably the most intense coaster I've been on, it's incredible, but you can only ride it infrequently otherwise you'd just end up puking your guts. So it's both top and bottom :lol:

See, if I was rating them out of 10, they'd all get a 9/10. They're all great rides.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Montu is my favourite because it is so intense and has a brilliant layout with a batwing. Nemesis would be next because it is a great coaster, both the Dragon Challenge coasters would be next I love those, Nemesis Inferno would be next it's great too but not as good as Montu or Nemesis or any of The Dragon Challenge coasters.

oryp

Roller Poster
Dueling Dragons (NOT Dragon Challenge </3)
Alpengeist
Afterburn
Batman Clones
Raptor
Talon
Great Bear

I need to get to Tampa to ride Montu.

TilenB

Strata Poster
So far, I've ridden just 2 of them, so its an easy decision for Katun over Batman clone, sadly Montu spitted me :(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Montu - For me this is the best one. It's big, it badass and it has a Batwing. <3

Nemesis - Probably the most unique layout, and has some awesome forces. Why Nemesis is good has been done to death, so I don't feel like I need to say more. ;)

Batman Clones - The Batman clones are amazingly intense and I love their compact layouts. They're only just behind Nemesis as there's something about their more traditional layout that isn't as interesting. They do kick-ass though!

Talon - Good all rounder. I do like the second little drop into the corner before the wingover, it's a nice pop of airtime and something a bit different.

Patriot - Most of Patriot is pretty tame, except for the zero-G. I mean tame by B&M Invert standards mind, it's still a good ride, but it's got by far the best zero-G of any coaster I've been on. Perfect floater, no violent whipping, just ideal.

Raptor - It didn't stand out for me as being anything special, but I remember it being a good solid ride.

Nemesis Inferno - Another good one, but nothing amazing.

DC Chinese Fireball & DC Hungarian Horntail - Lets face it, individually these rides are pretty crap. It's only the interaction that makes them remotely interesting.

So there are my choices in order, but as Furie said, they're all great rides and there's not a lot between them all to be honest.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Batman clones-I just love the intensity, just so perfect
Patriot- As Hixee said, the Zero-G is just perfect, and it is a fun ride
Raptor- I don't remember it too well, as it has been 7 years since I rode it, but it wasn't that great from what I recall
Silver Bullet- Doesn't do **** intensity wise until the final helix, boring ride that takes up way too much space

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I haven't ridden:
monster/orochi
afterburn
flight deck
silver bullet
katun
patriot
pyrenees
oz iris
Phaethon

Out of the one's i've done - I still love Nemesis

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Like furie & Hixee said - there's really not a bad one in the bunch.
My top two are Nemesis & Black Mamba, not just for the ride but also for the close proximity to the surroundings & the themeing. Afterburn, Montu (both terrific pacing throughout), Katun (best drop) & the Batman clones (so intense) are close followers, plus I really like Talon & Patriot because they have great elements & are fun to ride.
My least favorite are Raptor (rattles) & Sillver Bullet (meh).

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Very close call, park maintainance could be the decider in some cases, for instance despite being clones owned by the same company, I remembered BTR at SFGAm being much smoother than the one at SFGAdv, but it's pretty much impossible to accuratly compare the two when I rode them two years apart.

On a good day for each coaster i'd probably put them somesthing like this:
Nemesis
Black Mamba
Talon
Batman
Great Bear (Powerful first half, I enjoy the calmer ending of weaving back to the station)
Raptor (Seems like an overstretched layout and a little snappy on the inversions)
Alpengeist (Really don't like that Cobra roll and the first drop wasn't as impressive as I expected)
Nemesis Inferno (not intimidating enough compared to it's larger counterparts)

Of the B&M ones I've been on, I'd probably rank them like this:

1. Nemesis (as a far front runner, for sure)
2. Afterburn
3. Great Bear
4. Alpengeist
5. Katun
6. Patriot
7. Talon
8. La Vampire
9. All other Batman clones
10. Raptor
11. Nemesis Inferno

I find it hard to rank inverts though, because I prefer ones that kind of meander around, like Great Bear, to things like Katun and Afterburn which make me want to die because they're so intense, but it's clear that those are the better rides.. But yah this is probably my list, even though only the top couple are certain.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I thought I'd be alone with this but glad to see it has some love:

The Batman clones.
The intensity just can't be topped.

Now Alpengeist, Raptor, Talon, and Great Bear are all pretty great (though the last seems to get hate) and the only one I really thought was meh is Dueling Dragons (yes always will be). As it was said, individually they are not so great.