What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

INFERNOismybaby

Roller Poster
I’m generally amazed at how fast this has come together but suppose there wasn’t much ground work to do. It’s great to see Nemesis back in place.

I’d also like to think that Forbidden Valley would get a little tlc this off season but guess that’s something where we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Anyway, side note. Does it bug anyone else how the cross ties on the loop are ever so slightly off centre 😂
towerstimes twitter

IMG_1675.jpeg

owenjohn

Roller Poster
I’m generally amazed at how fast this has come together but suppose there wasn’t much ground work to do. It’s great to see Nemesis back in place.

I’d also like to think that Forbidden Valley would get a little tlc this off season but guess that’s something where we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Anyway, side note. Does it bug anyone else how the cross ties on the loop are ever so slightly off centre 😂
towerstimes twitter

View attachment 26202
Probably just the angle the picture has been taken!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Any updates on the station renovation? Still anticipating a simple paint job, not seen anything to the contrary... yet.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

No vest restraints confirmed!

Edit: So apparently these aren’t new trains but just the original trains refurbished?!

Debate is raging as to whether they're new or refurbed... But they look brand spanking...

Either way, they're the original style, and not the newer, smaller, lighter ones as found on the likes of inferno!!! thank goodness.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yes the fact that these trains still have the metal connecting bar along the bottom I think confirms these are the old trains refurbished as B&M haven’t made these style trains since the 90’s.

b2d06fc6e87655c0ede0e73ed1e9ed9c.jpg

I guess Nemesis may need these heavier trains as the layout was originally designed with these in mind.

rctneil

Roller Poster
Yes the fact that these trains still have the metal connecting bar along the bottom I think confirms these are the old trains refurbished as B&M haven’t made these style trains since the 90’s.

b2d06fc6e87655c0ede0e73ed1e9ed9c.jpg

I guess Nemesis may need these heavier trains as the layout was originally designed with these in mind.
I also thought they were the old ones refurbished but the seat pillars are different. They have a rounded welded shape at the top of each of them. This could just be the old seat pillars with new fixings or plates added to strengthen them but they are different in a way.

catsounds

Mega Poster
What differentiates them being refurbished or new? :p because the bar at the bottom is new, it has screws in different places. If they replaced like 90% then are they not new? xD

rctneil

Roller Poster
What differentiates them being refurbished or new? :p because the bar at the bottom is new, it has screws in different places. If they replaced like 90% then are they not new? xD
It's really the whole broom conundrum isn't it? If you replace the brush and then the handle, is it the same broom?

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That's why I count Mean Streak 7,305 times in my credit count for every timber that was replaced!

FWIW as we have already witnessed this numerous times over (e.g. Incredible Hulk), if it's an almost-perfect replacement with little to no perceivable ridden experience difference; I count as the same cred. While this goes counter to "counting clone" conversations (e.g. each clone is still 1 credit), the entire business of counting roller coaster credits relies on minutia and gut calls. At the end of the day: you do you.