What's new

Whats your favorite Intamin

JackFish

Mega Poster
We have a thread like this for Vekoma, but with how much I love Intamin, I thought we needed one for them.

My favorite is Velocicoaster, but then I haven't ridden El Toro, Taron, or other close comparisons.

I've been on four Intamins as of 26/10/23 and I'd have to rank them as follows:

1) Stealth - Best launch in the UK, front row rides on this thing are amazing. (4th/30)
2) Colossus - Good inversions, not rough like people say. (6th/30)
3) Shockwave - Pretty smooth although it is a bit janky in the back. The zero-g roll is a very odd sensation. (10th/30)
3) Th13teen - Smooth and enjoyable but too many trim breaks! (14th/30)
4) Rita - Good launch but the restraints don't suit the layout and make for a rough ride. (17th/30)

Last edited:

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
Maverick destroys every other Intamin I've ridden. Some of the strongest elements on any coaster. The insane drop, the fun S-turns, the phenomenal airtime hill that launches you into space, the punchy second launch, and of course the Stengel dives. The ride honestly rivals Steel Vengeance for me.

There are some Intamins that I haven't ridden that I think could rival Maverick and those are; I Speed, Taron, Kondaa, Toutatis, Pantheon, Soaring With Dragon, Skyrush, Superman: the Ride, Flying Aces and possibly Hyperion.

out of all of them I think Kondaa has the best chance based on my tastes.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Taron is my number 1 period. By a mile too.
Only other Intamins I've been on are Kondaa and Goliath, and I'm not too sure which of the two I like more. When I was in Belgium in October 2021 I only got two rides in on Kondaa, both in the middle of the train. Add to that that I was just starting to get into roller coasters again and thus I didn't really think about what I was experiencing, I can't really judge how good I thought it was. I do vividly remember the outerbank, that thing is a monster.
I've been on Goliath a bunch recently and in my opinion there are some great standout moments (first drop in the back👌👌) but all in all it's just some hills and helices. Also the final 3 hops hurt like hell in the front, minus two points for that.

lom.lom.lom

Roller Poster
I'll just go ahead and list all of my major Intamins:

1. Intimidator 305 (KD)
2. Superman The Ride (SFNE)
3. Maverick (CP)
4. El Toro (SFGAdv)
5. Storm Runner (Hersheypark)
6. Pantheon (BGW)
7. Millennium Force (CP)
8. Skyrush (Hersheypark)
9. Fahrenheit (Hersheypark)
10. Top Thrill Dragster (CP)
11. Sandy's Blasting Bronco (Nickelodeon Universe NJ)
12. Kingda Ka (SFGAdv)
13. Ride Of Steel (SFDL)
14. Cheetah Hunt (BGT)
15. Superman: Ride Of Steel (SFAm)

The rest are shuttles and family coasters

Js-20

Roller Poster
I've been on one but it's really rare.

1.Tornado at Parque de Atracciones de Madrid.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It's Taron, of course. But there's many great Intamins, and also many terrible Intamins. Here's my rankings for all of them...

RankCoasterPark
1TaronPhantasialand
2TaigaLinnanmäki
4SkyrushHersheypark
7BalderLiseberg
14Colossos - Kampf der GigantenHeide Park
15GoliathWalibi Holland
16Kingda KaSix Flags Great Adventure
18El Toro (SFGAd)Six Flags Great Adventure
21HyperionEnergylandia
33SpeedEnergylandia
36Th13teenAlton Towers
54FahrenheitHersheypark
55RitaAlton Towers
63StealthThorpe Park
82Desert RaceHeide Park
86Storm RunnerHersheypark
95Bob (Efteling)Efteling
118Mine Train UlvenBakken
166Skull MountainSix Flags Great Adventure
183ColossusThorpe Park
184KirnuLinnanmäki
185ShockwaveDrayton Manor
190Tornado (Bakken)Bakken

So 4 in my Top 10 of ranked rides, but also 4 in my Bottom 10.

Leon_K

Mega Poster
1. Taron (Launch coaster, Phantasialand) - The forceful launches, the quick transitions, sense of speed, diving through the rock work... amazing ride!
2. Goliath (Mega coaster, Walibi Holland) - The middle part of the ride didn't do too much, but the airtime moments on the first and last part of the ride made it a very enjoyable coaster.
3. Indiana Jones, backwards version (Disneyland Paris) - The layout isn't anything special. But the theming and the fact I rode it backwards made it a fun experience.
4. Bob (Bobsled, Efteling) - Just fun but not anything too special.
5. Pegasus (Wooden coaster, Efteling) - I remember it as a decently fun ride but it was absolutely a lower tier woody. I have not ridden it's replacement Joris en de Draak, but it's without doubt a big improvement to Pegasus.

Last edited:

Leon_K

Mega Poster
1. Taron (Launch coaster, Phantasialand) - The forceful launches, the quick transitions, sense of speed, diving through the rock work... amazing ride!
2. Goliath (Mega coaster, Walibi Holland) - The middle part of the ride didn't do too much, but the airtime moments on the first and last part of the ride made it a very enjoyable coaster.
3. Indiana Jones, backwards version (Disneyland Paris) - The layout isn't anything special. But the theming and the fact I rode it backwards made it a fun experience.
4. Bob (Bobsled, Efteling) - Just fun but not anything too special.
5. Pegasus (Wooden coaster, Efteling) - I remember it as a decently fun ride but it was absolutely a lower tier woody. I have not ridden it's replacement Joris en de Draak, but it's without doubt a big improvement to Pegasus.
Edited

quaremorito

Roller Poster
I've only been able to ride a few Intamin coasters but I thought I'd rank the ones I had the pleasure of riding!

1. Millennium Force (Cedar Point)
2. Maverick (Cedar Point)
3. Incredicoaster (Disney California Adventure)

EmmaUK

Mega Poster
I mean this is like "what is your favourite child". My 1-2 is El Toro and Velocicoaster. I prefer El Toro. Just.

James F

Hyper Poster
My top 5 would be:

1: Hyperion (Energylandia) (#1)
Incredibly powerful. I must of rode this in the best conditions because I seem to rate it higher than everybody else. The most substantial airtime I have felt and it has an awesome sense of speed.

2: Toutatis (Parc Astérix) (#5)
I had high expectations and it delivered in every way. Toutatis is everything I want out of a modern launch coaster. Plenty of fantastic elements, re-ridable and some impressive theming to boot!

3: Kondaa (Walibi Belgium) (#7)
Pure fun. I have mathored this coaster before and I would do it again and again and again. Spectacular airtime and brilliantly sequenced, I love the way the drums playing in the station build anticipation while you wait.

4: Taron (Phantasialand) (#9)
Taron is the perfect postcard coaster. It's a true marvel to behold in the world of theme parks. Could it be the best coaster to combine theming and thrills? Even if not it feels like a crazy planet coaster creation come to life. I never thought changing directions could be so exciting!

5: Stealth (Thorpe Park) (#17)
It's tall, fast and admittedly short, but Stealth is a powerhouse of a ride that always provides me with an adrenaline rush.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Current rankings - will be curious to see how Top Thrill 2 plays out!

RankOverall RankCoasterPark
13VelociCoasterIslands of Adventure
26MaverickCedar Point
39SkyrushHersheypark
411Intimidator 305Kings Dominion
512Formula RossaFerrari World Abu Dhabi
614Millennium ForceCedar Point
715Top Thrill DragsterCedar Point
819Storm RunnerHersheypark
923Flying AcesFerrari World Abu Dhabi
1053Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike AdventureIslands of Adventure