What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

SimonProD

Mega Poster
honestly couldn’t care less if I have to queue for 3 hours

That won't be for me. I am the kinda guy that walks around a park and if I see waits of more than 30 minutes on average posted I get more and more frustrated and finally leave the park not riding at all. I have already ended this season for me and hope next year will return to normal. Cannot wait for a vaccine to get ready and I'll be first in that line - and there I'd even wait multiple hours for.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just to be clear... I don’t like queueing... I probably spend as much on fast track equivalents as I do on entry tickets... ??

But to just be in a park, after everything that’s happened, that feeling of escaping the mundane real world and leaving it all at the gate for 8 hours (or 6, thanks Alton Towers) I’d happily put up with lengthy queues.

I don’t drink much, you wouldn’t either if you worked with it every working hour of every day... I don’t smoke... I don’t do drugs... Don’t gamble... I don’t really have any other vices... Parks are my escape, and f*** me, I miss them :(

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Just to be clear... I don’t like queueing... I probably spend as much on fast track equivalents as I do on entry tickets... ??

But to just be in a park, after everything that’s happened, that feeling of escaping the mundane real world and leaving it all at the gate for 8 hours (or 6, thanks Alton Towers) I’d happily put up with lengthy queues.

I don’t drink much, you wouldn’t either if you worked with it every working hour of every day... I don’t smoke... I don’t do drugs... Don’t gamble... I don’t really have any other vices... Parks are my escape, and f*** me, I miss them :(
...you think Towers will open for 6 hours ? ? that long ... these are unprecedented strange times we are living in, I'm thinking 4 at most

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
You’re not helping... ?

???
Ive been told that by many people ?

Im still at a loss that the UK gov are still going on with 14-day quarantine for people flying in. and to then self isolate.
we could be taking thousands and thousands of people flying in, spreading throughout the land, and then someone is going to check up to make sure they are doing what they are suppose to be doing and quarantining :rolleyes:

little bit too late dot com

RIP the tourist and leisure industry
a big part of the Merlin midways going bust

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Ive been told that by many people ?

Im still at a loss that the UK gov are still going on with 14-day quarantine for people flying in. and to then self isolate.
we could be taking thousands and thousands of people flying in, spreading throughout the land, and then someone is going to check up to make sure they are doing what they are suppose to be doing and quarantining :rolleyes:

little bit too late dot com

RIP the tourist and leisure industry
a big part of the Merlin midways going bust
Thousands and thousands of people flying into the country would already have been spreading the virus throughout the land. Pretending that stopping that now will have any effect I think, personally, is completely crazy. Adding in that devolved governments can deal with the quarantine policing in potentially different ways make these rules even more bizarre and it really to me has questioned the point of devolution or more independence or both. Very strange and haphazard.

Definitely sounds like we ain't going anywhere for a long time though at this rate. Oh well.
Not sure how Easyjet can fly from middle of June IF FCO travel advice also does not change. Is it only to bring people back here? Are people breaking the FCO rules? Why not strengthen the existing rules instead of adding more complexity?

The press briefings from the last few days have also sounded very negative considering there seems to be quite a few things to be a bit more positive about: lack of spread in London now (considering it is the most densely packed area, with the tube etc surely that is great?) and death toll in hospitals in the last few days close to one hundred. That is 10% of people who die from cancer and heart illnesses each day in this country on average.

Media outlets such as the Express are misrepresenting the total additional death count of 351 reported as the number of people who have died since yesterday.

Last edited:

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Thousands and thousands of people flying into the country would already have been spreading the virus throughout the land. Pretending that stopping that now will have any effect I think, personally, is completely crazy. Adding in that devolved governments can deal with the quarantine policing in potentially different ways make these rules even more bizarre and it really to me has questioned the point of devolution or more independence or both. Very strange and haphazard.

Definitely sounds like we ain't going anywhere for a long time though at this rate. Oh well.
Not sure how Easyjet can fly from middle of June IF FCO travel advice also does not change. Is it only to bring people back here? Are people breaking the FCO rules? Why not strengthen the existing rules instead of adding more complexity?

The press briefings from the last few days have also sounded very negative considering there seems to be quite a few things to be a bit more positive about: lack of spread in London now (considering it is the most densely packed area, with the tube etc surely that is great?) and death toll in hospitals in the last few days close to hundred. That is 10% of people who die from cancer and heart illnesses each day in this country on average.

Media outlets such as the Express are misrepresenting the total additional death count of 351 reported as the number of people who have died since yesterday.
I sill cant make words to think about this,
would love to see the advice gov is acting on to bring this in
who how what , so many online shouting its completely stupid and the gov cant see this?
:rolleyes:

this is 1st press brief ive looked at in ages, wont be watching any more ?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

There was a small hint in the briefing that travel advice will change... She said something along the lines of “The advice will be, if you’ve got symptoms, or live with somebody who has symptoms, do not travel“ I presumed this would be the new FCO advice.

Either way, FCO advice is still just advice, has absolutely no legal power. Insurers ‘may’ not insure you, or may charge a fortune, but legally you can still travel.

If the borders are open and flights are operating when my next booked trip comes around at the end of June, I’m going, and will isolate when I return if the rule hasn’t been changed at the 3 week review just before.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If the borders are open and flights are operating when my next booked trip comes around at the end of June, I’m going, and will isolate when I return if the rule hasn’t been changed at the 3 week review just before.
I don't follow the details of all the countries well enough, but of the two I've looked at recently (Slovenia and Poland) were both (at the time I was looking) mandating a 14-day quarantine on arrival. It's not being quarantined in the UK that prevents me...

I had also understood that many (all?) of the Easyjet flights set to restart would be domestic, so that may fall slightly outside the FCO guidance. However alien Glasgow might feel...

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
I don't follow the details of all the countries well enough, but of the two I've looked at recently (Slovenia and Poland) were both (at the time I was looking) mandating a 14-day quarantine on arrival. It's not being quarantined in the UK that prevents me...

I had also understood that many (all?) of the Easyjet flights set to restart would be domestic, so that may fall slightly outside the FCO guidance. However alien Glasgow might feel...
? I'm sure Sturgeon would love to force quarantine all the English coming into Glasgow

?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster

Most of Europe are removing restrictions by 15th June... Poland is expected to lift their restrictions on, I think it was the 12th??? Could be wrong on the date. I did get this info online from some MSN site of some sort, so take it with a pinch of salt.

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Most of Europe are removing restrictions by 15th June... Poland is expected to lift their restrictions on, I think it was the 12th??? Could be wrong on the date. I did get this info online from some MSN site of some sort, so take it with a pinch of salt.
wow so a week after we bring ours in everyone lifts theirs . ? ? I just dont even :rolleyes:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
wow so a week after we bring ours in everyone lifts theirs . ? ? I just dont even :rolleyes:
Pinch of salt remember... MSN remember...

Only official word I can find is that the EU ‘wants’ EU countries to lift restrictions between other EU countries. And a handful of countries have promised to lift restrictions between each other.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I hate to be that guy but I come on this topic to see what’s actually happening in the parks and how they are being effected by this virus...

Could we please make a separate topic for general Corona Virus chit chat and arguing?

It’s hard to actually find information about what the parks are doing between multiple messages not relating to parks at all.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I hate to be that guy but I come on this topic to see what’s actually happening in the parks and how they are being effected by this virus...

Could we please make a separate topic for general Corona Virus chit chat and arguing?

It’s hard to actually find information about what the parks are doing between multiple messages not relating to parks at all.

Not much happening to be honest owen

No change in the UK likely until 4th July...

EU Parks opening up all over the place, with the expected and heavily predicted social distancing measures. But if you wanna visit them, you’ll have to travel against FCO advice, and from 8th June self isolate for 14 days on return.

I’m a huge advocate for freedom of discussion to be honest, but I have to admit, when the discussion turns to completely unrelated, down right offensive and unscientific conspiracy theories, there’s probably a line to be drawn.

Back on topic, it looks as if Oakwood plan to open on the 4th July too

AAD92C9D-F98E-4854-81A0-361D9C1085E2.jpeg

And does this mean Drayton Manor are expecting to be open by 21st July?

058BC816-4053-4B7D-A4FE-7F4639DA8863.jpeg

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
If.
If most uk parks open on the the 4th July
Can we claim this as our Independence Day ☺
Claim our freedom from the tyranny of lockdown

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
If.
If most uk parks open on the the 4th July
Can we claim this as our Independence Day ☺
Claim our freedom from the tyranny of lockdown
Great idea... Forget the Boston Tea Party... We’ll kick it off with the Corner Coffee Party (takeaway only)

I think we’re likely to struggle to get tickets for the first few day ?

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
Corner Coffee Party ! including caramel triangles ?

I cant imagine Towers entrance plaza with everyone 2m apart trying to get through the turn styles, can see it taking hours just to get into park :confused:

will probably have to set up a queuing system into the coach park

will have sold out of triangles by time you get in

Unless they could also open the Galactic gate and let people in that way too, spread people about the park more

Straight onto Nemmy ?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Corner Coffee Party ! including caramel triangles ?

I cant imagine Towers entrance plaza with everyone 2m apart trying to get through the turn styles, can see it taking hours just to get into park :confused:

will probably have to set up a queuing system into the coach park

will have sold out of triangles by time you get in

Unless they could also open the Galactic gate and let people in that way too, spread people about the park more

Straight onto Nemmy ?
Corner Coffee has those mobile units they set up on fireworks nights, I imagine they’ll be utilised outside.

The Galactica gate is a great idea, I really hope they’re considering that!!! Open that up, close the monorail, would solve a fair few issues! Especially as ticket booths will not really be required.