What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well, here's a turn up for the books. I genuinely thought that this coaster would never run again, but it seems that Cannon Ball Express at Pleasurewood Hills is back in business!
Great news that another classic Schwarz' has been spared the scrap heap... but it does mean that I have to endure that 5 hour drive to Suffolk again. ?

Niles

Giga Poster
Good to see an old one of a kind Schwarzkopf keep on living, i was thinking of going to some of the parks in that area as i have not been there before and now it's back up and running i think it's worth the trip.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Well, here's a turn up for the books. I genuinely thought that this coaster would never run again, but it seems that Cannon Ball Express at Pleasurewood Hills is back in business!
Great news that another classic Schwarz' has been spared the scrap heap... but it does mean that I have to endure that 5 hour drive to Suffolk again. ?
Ah great!
I was really wondering about that one.

I will try to get to Pleasurewood Hills this year to get the 3-4 credits there. I was literally holding off last year because Cannon Ball was closed.

Peet

Giga Poster
It's a decent little ride - not exactly great, but punchy and unique, certainly. It only had one train in 2018 so I would expect that's still the case. Only 8 riders per train so the queue moves very slowly!

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
Certainly not worth its own thread and has been rumoured for a while, but it's not confirmed that Condor at Walibi Holland is getting new trains for the 2021 season..

Maybe it'll make it slightly more tolerable, but it's still sad that this means the park don't have any mid-term plans to remove it

Sorry if this has already been asked / mentioned, but will they ever change the trains on Xpress? I haven't ridden it, but after riding Space Mountain and Rock 'n' Roller at DLP, I think it might be useful.

adrenaline1996

Mega Poster
According to Screamscape (posted 24/02/2020), Selva Magica in Mexico has closed 2 rides: https://www.screamscape.com/html/world_news.htm#Mexico.

This includes Tornado, a Schwarzkopf Jet Star III. What I’d like to know is if anyone knows what has / will happen to it? Is it being scrapped or sold on?

EDIT: Also, slightly older news, a few years ago, Salitre Magico, a park in Columbia, closed their Schwarzkopf Jet Star III (previously Alton Towers' Beast), also known as Tornado. Also, I'm interested in the whereabouts of the Vekoma Corkscrews that were at La Ronde, Genting and Holiday Park. Does anyone know about what's happened to these rides? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Nick13

Mega Poster
According to Screamscape (posted 24/02/2020), Selva Magica in Mexico has closed 2 rides: https://www.screamscape.com/html/world_news.htm#Mexico.

This includes Tornado, a Schwarzkopf Jet Star III. What I’d like to know is if anyone knows what has / will happen to it? Is it being scrapped or sold on?

EDIT: Also, slightly older news, a few years ago, Salitre Magico, a park in Columbia, closed their Schwarzkopf Jet Star III (previously Alton Towers' Beast), also known as Tornado. Also, I'm interested in the whereabouts of the Vekoma Corkscrews that were at La Ronde, Genting and Holiday Park. Does anyone know about what's happened to these rides? Thanks everyone!

The Corkscrew at Holiday Park was scrapped as they kept the inversions as an archway over the path to Sky Scream, like at Alton Towers.