What's new

Last Cred Review

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
RidgeRider - Woodlands Park, Maidenhead

Hardly a coaster at all, Coastercount has some weird stuff on it... Did have the shame of driving there specifically for it, riding alone and leaving immediately afterwards... Car surprisingly heavy to push up the "lift" and large laterals on bottom curve. On my 3 goes, only managed to get 1 complete lap in! Purely a debatable +1, glad there's not too many around.
You're a lost cause.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
You're a lost cause.

Eyeing up a 2nd one for tomorrow as well.... This one will be one the way to somewhere else so not specifically going just for it though! Got to get all the blue dots on Coastercount! (I realise I needn't do any of this a end can set Coastercount to not include them but spoils part the fun....)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Last new cred:
Twisted Colossus: I've often heard this regarded as one of the lower end RMCs and "fun but not as intense" or things of that nature.
No idea where that comes from. This ride was intense as hell! Lots of ejector, thrown around alot, (more than Joker, Twisted Cyclone and though Ive not ridden looks more than Goliath or Iron Rattler, and I guess it gets the edge over Railblazer for length) lots of elements to break up any monotony...I mean the two sides are different, and I still don't get who could think this was tamer..some of the actions were pretty damn violent!
I have 0 issue with the 2nd lift. Many say it kills the momentum/flow. Nah its just 2 rides for one. Its basically the same as running off and back on to ride again, except ya dont have to. My marathon consisted of 3 in a row (6 rides really) and 6 (12) on the day and I was done. One helluva ride.

Last cred:
X2: Oh boy, waited 17 years for this, and the last 6 after it was closed for my my last visit, and...it was fun. I kept expectations low, and made sure to only ride front row inside. Maybe that saved it, but I didn't find it too rough at all. The worst part for me was actually the violent jerking seat motions. Not in the flips, those were fine, but the straights leading to/from there were random jerking motions. That was not so great, and with no B&M flyer like thing for your legs, mine were kind of flying all over and crashing back. I adjusted mid ride but yikes. Was fun though. Helluva drop, and it IS forceful and intense. I absolutely did like it, though certainly its flawed

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
RidgeRider - Woodlands Park, Maidenhead

Hardly a coaster at all, Coastercount has some weird stuff on it... Did have the shame of driving there specifically for it, riding alone and leaving immediately afterwards... Car surprisingly heavy to push up the "lift" and large laterals on bottom curve. On my 3 goes, only managed to get 1 complete lap in! Purely a debatable +1, glad there's not too many around.

I had to look this up
When I saw "playground equipment" I was sure I had the wrong thing, the name of something else but then CF popped up as the next search result.
I admire your dedication lol

hendrixmarshall

Roller Poster
Twisted Timbers...Good god, why did I wait so long? El Toro airtime in a "punch you in the face" package. When we were driving to our hotel, I asked the kids if they thought it was better than Steel Vengeance. No hesitation..."yes".

InvadR...Great for little guys I imagine. I think I was too geeked out to get my thrill on to truly appreciate it.

sirloin

Roller Poster
My last new credit was The Joker at Six Flags Over Texas, and it left me feeling guilty for writing these S&S free-fly coasters off without having first tried one. While the ride was hardly the stuff of top-whatever lists, it was rollicking good fun. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard on a coaster. Great fun indeed.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Cannibal - Lagoon

Not a top tier ride, but very fun. At first I was quite underwhelmed, but as it "warmed up" over the day the ride got better. I like the theming, the swaying elevator lift is wild, and that drop is truly something else. I struggled to keep my hands up. The brain knows better, but the body can't shake the feeling that you are actually going to fall out. The immelmann is unique and gives some decent force coming out, you get some weird feels through the dive loop and there is a pop of airtime, though it was than expected. I do love the first half, but I hate those trims. I really wish it could fly through without em. The lagoon roll is interesting, and personally has to be the most insane hang time experienced. The helix finale is solid, you feel it a bit, though I wish it was more forceful. I did like the bit of mist spray, and the ride is very smooth.

Overall: Fun, interesting ride that I think could've been a knock out if it wasn't trimmed, and if the helix was more forceful, or they managed to get another airtime moment in there.

Last edited:

Coop

Roller Poster
Fury - Bobbejaanland

My expectations for this ride were for it to be thoroughly fun but nothing to write home about, but what a huge surprise this coaster was!
Whilst I really like the unique concept where riders can vote with buttons on the restraints whether they want to ride forwards or backwards it just seems a bit of a faff. The queue is split between whether you want to ride forwards or if you want to vote which sort of negates the whole voting system, if you’re gonna vote forwards you’d just queue for forwards anyway. Regardless it’s still a cool, unique element.
I opted for a backwards ride first, on the off chance I wouldn’t get a re-ride (the park was very busy). This was super fun, the launches were really snappy, especially the second launch which was a forwards launch for a backwards facing ride. The beyond vertical spike gives a really nice combo of floater and hang time. Launching up into the first hill gives a really nice amount of floater, twisting down into a what I guess is a dive loop. Every element is actually surprisingly intense, especially pulling out of the second inversion pulls some really nice positive Gs. You can’t help but laugh the whole way round, even right into the last half loop spike which gives some nice floater. As fun as the backwards ride was, a forward facing re-ride really is where it shines, especially the second backwards launch which really takes you by surprise, slamming you forward into your restraint. The elements just flow so much better on a forwards ride, stronger airtime and nicer floater/hang time on the spikes. Another re-ride on the front row of a forwards facing ride really gave this coaster top 10 potential for me. This is the epitome of a super fun re-rideable coaster. Not super intense but absolutely not tame by any means. I’ve never had a coaster surpass expectations by such a big margin.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Fury - Bobbejaanland

My expectations for this ride were for it to be thoroughly fun but nothing to write home about, but what a huge surprise this coaster was!
Whilst I really like the unique concept where riders can vote with buttons on the restraints whether they want to ride forwards or backwards it just seems a bit of a faff. The queue is split between whether you want to ride forwards or if you want to vote which sort of negates the whole voting system, if you’re gonna vote forwards you’d just queue for forwards anyway. Regardless it’s still a cool, unique element.
I opted for a backwards ride first, on the off chance I wouldn’t get a re-ride (the park was very busy). This was super fun, the launches were really snappy, especially the second launch which was a forwards launch for a backwards facing ride. The beyond vertical spike gives a really nice combo of floater and hang time. Launching up into the first hill gives a really nice amount of floater, twisting down into a what I guess is a dive loop. Every element is actually surprisingly intense, especially pulling out of the second inversion pulls some really nice positive Gs. You can’t help but laugh the whole way round, even right into the last half loop spike which gives some nice floater. As fun as the backwards ride was, a forward facing re-ride really is where it shines, especially the second backwards launch which really takes you by surprise, slamming you forward into your restraint. The elements just flow so much better on a forwards ride, stronger airtime and nicer floater/hang time on the spikes. Another re-ride on the front row of a forwards facing ride really gave this coaster top 10 potential for me. This is the epitome of a super fun re-rideable coaster. Not super intense but absolutely not tame by any means. I’ve never had a coaster surpass expectations by such a big margin.
Great review. It was absolutely my biggest surprise of 2019, and I’ve ridden a fair few ‘new to me’ coasters this year. The more I think about it, the higher up it goes, it’s definitely in my top 10 but that isn’t really saying much. I will try and type my review later.

cocoa

Mega Poster
Tornado- M&D's Scotland's Theme Park

Really surprisingly not bad- I was expecting just terrible stuff from this park that I stopped over in for 1-2 hours while driving through Scotland. But, tornado is surprisingly big for what it is, and the drops pack a decent punch I'd say. I only had one or two painful moments but they weren't even that bad- I could definitely look past them and actually enjoyed the ride. No its not "good" but it was still fun. I think having extremely low expectations helped. The only annoying thing is that they wait for the entire train to fill up before launching- which takes a good 10 or more minutes...

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Untamed.

This is quite possibly the best coaster track design I've experienced. Everything is perfect.

It's got the full package - ejector, floater, length, speed, pacing, good inversions, theming... Everything.

Initially I found it slightly underwhelming, but back row once it's warmed up is simply incredible. The best thing about it is how it gets better and better throughout. The last few airtime hills are brutal and the final inversion is a bit like the one on Blue Fire.

What I will say though is that it shows just how elite Steel Vengeance is. Untamed is unbelievably good ... SV does what Untamed does but essentially doubles it.

By pure coincidence it happened to be a goon day at Walibi today which I managed to register for at the last minute, which included ERT on Untamed after 6pm. But I had already booked for a football match in Utrecht that evening so had to eff off early.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Railblazer.

WTF???? ?:eek:o_O

This... this thing just can't be right. It's not normal. Not very often a coaster actually leaves me shell shocked these days. But Railblazer did, it's just... mental!
I think the thing that left the biggest impression on me was the speed. Of course, we all knew it was gonna be a wee bit nippy, but Jeeeeesus!
Ok, let's get some perspective on this: it hasn't rocketed straight to my number 1 spot. I'd probably struggle to squeeze into a top 10 actually. Capacity isn't great, obviously, that's the first thing. The train design is also a bit... what's the word? Sh*t. That's it. They are properly sh*t. They look like something out of Robot Wars, fashioned out of sheet metal plates and welded together in some nerd's college metalwork shop. Seats and restraints, while perfectly comfortable, are ugly and clumsy looking. The drive mechanism from station to lift hill is very jolty and really 'clangs' as the train passes over the drive tyres.
It's quite a short ride, and the single file seating arrangement leads to quite an isolated ride experience.
So you see, lots of reasons why this isn't my favourite overall coaster package, but man, when you crest that lift hill and start hitting those airtime hills, ultra fast tight turns and crazy inversions, you soon forget about the dodgy welding.
I got lumbered with the back row for my first ride, poor me, and I was literally stunned by the ejector on the first drop. And again on the mid course drop. But it's the sheer relentlessness (is that a word?) of the elements that surprises the most, the speed of the transitions and the massive g forces on offer, and as always with RMC, delivered in a way that is comfortable, painless and re-rideable.
Like I said, not quite top 10 material for me, but most definitely in that still-pretty-exclusive top 10% of coasters that I really, really rate highly.
It's a new ride type that needs refining a touch, but I'm very excited to see where this single rail technology goes in the future.
Mr Schilke clearly isn't finished with us yet. :)

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That was a poetically beautiful description of a ride.

Seriously. That was a delight to read.

I can't wait to try one of them for myself!

Coastard69

Roller Poster
Last credit - Powderkeg: A Blast in the Wilderness at Silver Dollar City

A very fun ride, exactly what you would expect from a family S&S launched coaster. The lift hill is really odd and kind of ruins the flow of the ride. But, on the whole, I’d say pretty good 3.5/5

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
By pure coincidence it happened to be a goon day at Walibi today which I managed to register for at the last minute, which included ERT on Untamed after 6pm. But I had already booked for a football match in Utrecht that evening so had to eff off early.

You didn't miss much. The 'ERT' included a 45 minute wait.... The rest of the day was awesome!

Ami

Roller Poster
Gatekeeper, cedar point

Yesterday I had the opportunity to return to cedar point for the first time since the opening year of maverick. I was looking forward to gatekeeper more than anything, it’s so gorgeous and it looked like a coaster match made in heaven for my preferences. I went in expecting a forceless and tame ride because most of what I hear of it seems to be “it’s fun but it’s not anything to write home about.” And I genuinely believe that going in with low thrill expectations really enhanced my ride experience. That first inversion/drop felt so weird and so crazy, I have never experienced anything like it before and it blew my socks right off. The view on the lift hill of the beach was stunning. I was not expecting to be shrieking the whole time, but I sure did feel a lot of force (maybe because I was also riding on an empty stomach and was overdue to rehydrate). I loved the near miss keyholes and how smooth and floaty everything felt. This is a fabulous coaster that I think is unfairly very underrated by enthusiasts. My taste in coasters tends to be a lot different than a lot of enthusiasts and I have a lot less creds to than most to compare the ride to, so like I said, my opinion on it is far higher.