What's new

GhosterForce | TRIPSDRILL and EUROPA PARK | 4th-6th Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, I'm all booked up for this now. I've got my own hotels and car hire sorted, as my flight times don't sync up well enough with @Slamming Coastercore to make car sharing viable on this trip, but I'll be able to meet you and @Satanspropaganda at Holiday Park on Thursday, before the three days of the Live proper.

Whilst the addon day and locations of hotels are will probably make it impractical for me to have passengers for the full duration, if anyone is relying on public transport for the Live and would benefit from a car space for one or more legs of the journey, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. I'll be driving from Tripsdrill to Rust on the Friday after the first day of the Live, and from Rust back to Stuttgart Airport on the Monday morning (probably aiming to arrive around 10:30am) if that's of any help to anyone.

Edit: It's looking like I'll have to leave Tripsdrill a bit early, as I need to be in Rust by 7. Just an FYI for anyone who'd be interested in hitching a ride.

Last edited:
Well, I'm all booked up for this now. I've got my own hotels and car hire sorted, as my flight times don't sync up well enough with @Slamming Coastercore to make car sharing viable on this trip, but I'll be able to meet you and @Satanspropaganda at Holiday Park on Thursday, before the three days of the Live proper.

Whilst the addon day and locations of hotels are will probably make it impractical for me to have passengers for the full duration, if anyone is relying on public transport for the Live and would benefit from a car space for one or more legs of the journey, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll see if we can work something out. I'll be driving from Tripsdrill to Rust on the Friday after the first day of the Live, and from Rust back to Stuttgart Airport on the Monday morning (probably aiming to arrive around 10:30am) if that's of any help to anyone.
Look forward to seeing you at Holiday Park on the Thursday :)

Sadly I cannot find any reasonably priced flights for this one, best option is to fly into Cologne and out of Cologne and endure some very long coach journeys from Stuttgart airport...
That's a shame. If you're able to get a train down to Stuttgart from Cologne it might be faster. I'm happy to pick you up from a station near Stuttgart or Holiday Park in the rental car after I land on Wednesday if that helps at all?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Flights are being pretty bad timing wise so I think I'm going to drive over from the UK.
If anyone else is interested coming over on the ferry with me, then give me a PM. I have 3 car spaces (although would be a bit snug in the back if you're on the larger size) and can do pick ups from South East area. Looking at a 6pm Ferry Thursday night and a 6am Ferry Monday morning. Am only doing the Live itself, no add-ons.

Hope to have this trip all booked up in the next few days. I have so many plans for fun things to do, I'm getting terribly excited!

Flights are being pretty bad timing wise so I think I'm going to drive over from the UK.
If anyone else is interested coming over on the ferry with me, then give me a PM. I have 3 car spaces (although would be a bit snug in the back if you're on the larger size) and can do pick ups from South East area. Looking at a 6pm Ferry Thursday night and a 6am Ferry Monday morning. Am only doing the Live itself, no add-ons.

Hope to have this trip all booked up in the next few days. I have so many plans for fun things to do, I'm getting terribly excited!
Ouch, that's a long drive haha. Glad to hear you're all sorted though! Any news on whether we should start booking accommodation and purchasing theme park tickets yet?

Sadly I cannot find any reasonably priced flights for this one, best option is to fly into Cologne and out of Cologne and endure some very long coach journeys from Stuttgart airport...

I'm also Looking at flights from Manchester, Cologne seems to be the most sensible place to fly to and rent a car. Maybe we couild coordinate something? I'd be flying out on the thursday or friday and back on the sunday or monday

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I have to get into/over to the other side of London to get a flight which is a huge faff considering I live just 45 mins from the ferry.

The flight times into Stuttgart are not great. If I could fly in Fri morning I'd do it but if I have to go out Thurs night and get a hotel anyway, I'd rather drive.

Satanspropaganda

Mega Poster
I'm also Looking at flights from Manchester, Cologne seems to be the most sensible place to fly to and rent a car. Maybe we couild coordinate something? I'd be flying out on the thursday or friday and back on the sunday or monday
That might make work nicely! Just need to price up park + hotel as well and then maybe this could be all good to go :)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Nice find Dave. Yeah, I'm game if it's not far and there's a cheeky +4 to be had.
I was aiming to drive to Europa the night of Tripsdrill (as the following day will be long enough already) so might be best to do this the night before. Most people seem to be arriving earlier anyway.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Right, I've had a look and there are plenty of hotel options around EuropaPark still.
The following works out just under £70 each for two nights (4th and 5th Oct) - there are cheaper hotels but this one includes breakfast, is 10mins drive from the park, and has lots of room options - single, double, twin, triple and quads so people can sort themselves out as they like:

What do we think?

Right, I've had a look and there are plenty of hotel options around EuropaPark still.
The following works out just under £70 each for two nights (4th and 5th Oct) - there are cheaper hotels but this one includes breakfast, is 10mins drive from the park, and has lots of room options - single, double, twin, triple and quads so people can sort themselves out as they like:

What do we think?
Looks good and reasonably priced. I'd be happy staying there on the Friday/Saturday night :)

Ned873

Roller Poster
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just joined for this event. I'm thinking of driving up from Torino, so if anyone hasn't bought tickets yet and you can fly yourself into TRN or MXP (both served by Ryanair) for a better price I could pick you up along the way.

Edit: do be aware that it's a long drive though.

Last edited:

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hi @Ned873 Fantastic to have you on board!

Less than three weeks for this now so if you haven't organised flights and hotels yet, I suggest you get a move on.
Please go ahead and book Europa tickets for Sat and Sunday and for the Traumatica event Saturday night if you are coming to that too.
I've purchased just a basic event ticket for EUR35
Please still hold off on Tripsdrill as I'm hoping something will come through.

So far, I've got the following members on the list:

Mysterious Sue
Serena (Europa only?)
Slamming coastercore
Daviddoc
Mouse AT
Chainedbanana
Satanspropaganda

If you haven't signed up yet, it's not too late!

Last edited:

Will

Strata Poster
Hadn't realised I'd put my name down for this - as much as I'd love to get back to Europa after a 4 year absence, it's not going to happen - can't justify the expense at the moment if there's no new creds involved, plus it's a major hassle getting time off work at the moment (I've blundered back into banking complaints and as you can imagine, it's mental at the moment). Also, it'd sadden me to be at EP and not stay on resort :p

Hope you guys have a good one :)

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Fab, that's my Europa and Traumatica tickets booked. I'm starting to get properly excited for this now - next month really can't come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.