What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
?
Loopings have reported that Tower of Terror will be called: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: A New Dimension of Chills.

It will feature 3 new "story lines" from 28th September onwards:
The Malevolent Machine
The Shaft Creatures
The 5th Dimension

All stories are based on a little girl gone missing in the Hollywood Tower in 1939.
New lights, projectors, videos and sounds will be included.

I hope this does not signal the end of the CBS deal for the Twilight Zone branding. This change might indicate a transition away from Twilight Zone I suspect. At the moment the name is still in the branding I just noticed. But will Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone title card and music still all be there in the pre show?? If not, this does not bode well (in my opinion). For me The Twilight Zone is so pivotal in the cinema and TV industry and has been such an inspiration for movies from the 60s onwards. Disney dropping that completely I think wouldn't be good at all. I hope the TW branding remains for years to come.

EEF25MIXYAAGZiw.jpeg

I thought the ride in English was perfect. I only wish they had a dedicated English queue line (also for Star Tours 2) as I don't speak French.

Last edited:
?
Loopings have reported that Tower of Terror will be called: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: A New Dimension of Chills.

It will feature 3 new "story lines" from 28th September onwards:
The Malevolent Machine
The Shaft Creatures
The 5th Dimension

All stories are based on a little girl gone missing in the Hollywood Tower in 1939.
New lights, projectors, videos and sounds will be included.

I hope this does not signal the end of the CBS deal for the Twilight Zone branding. This change might indicate a transition away from Twilight Zone I suspect. At the moment the name is still in the branding I just noticed. But will Rod Serling and the Twilight Zone title card and music still all be there in the pre show?? If not, this does not bode well (in my opinion). For me The Twilight Zone is so pivotal in the cinema and TV industry and has been such an inspiration for movies from the 60s onwards. Disney dropping that completely I think wouldn't be good at all. I hope the TW branding remains for years to come.

View attachment 6220

I thought the ride in English was perfect. I only wish they had a dedicated English queue line (also for Star Tours 2) as I don't speak French.
This is just for Halloween right? Not permanent... ?

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
This is just for Halloween right? Not permanent... ?
Sounds like it is permanent going by DisneyParis_En's Twitter account. Think it would be too costly to shove 3 new story lines into Tower of Terror without making fundamental changes just for Halloween.

But like I said, I'd be interested to hear if Rod Serling etc are still in the actual ride. If not I reckon The Twilight Zone name could be dropped eventually.

I think it's a shame the park is moving away from the celebration of cinema to just being Disney franchise / movie based. I really liked the park 2002-2007 but I appreciate it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Could they be updating it for the Jordan Peele Twilight Zone? He did a good job introducing the new series.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I doubt it because I don't believe the new series has been streamed outside of the USA. CBS All Access seems to be very limited. It's possible I guess, if they are thinking of using the new stories etc. for the Hollywood Studios ride too but I doubt anyone in Europe would associate anyone but Serling with Twilight Zone narration at the moment.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
That poster looks absolutely awful. Are we sure this is legit?
The Tower of Terror one? Hah, it's from the official English Disneyland Twitter account. https://twitter.com/DisneyParis_EN

All the media expo announcements are on there. Except for the Tower of Terror announcement nothing really seems to be much of a surprise. Just a lot of shows, some artwork for Marvel, the Marvelised Hotel and the Frozen land as Coaster Chall pointed out.

peep

CF Legend
Quite excited for the changes coming to Tower. I don't think they'll be touching the pre-show as the changes in story only take place in the elevators. Considering there was a rumour the non-Guardians re-theme was to remove the Twilight Zone branding this doesn't seem to indicate that this is the case, at least for the time being.

Along with the new fab Frozen art work they confirmed the area will house one ride (which is pretty big), a restaurant and shop(s).

There were a few new Avengers area concept art pieces shown off, one of which hints at the massive E-ticket ride that lurks in the background.

Hoping we get some more announcements next week at the European IAPPA event.

spicy

Giga Poster
28e1193f2191ecd44db14d9978a73dc5.jpg

Space Mountain had a little incident yesterday.

Source: @Micrajojo

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Hyperspace Mountain is another ride where they could split the queue line into English and French and give you an option for an improved experience with different language for different trains.

I think it's a shame the rides are not operating to their full potential for customers like this and the coasters are being neglected going by my experiences in May. Hyperspace Mountain was unavailable the most over 5 days from what I could see. Also Buzz Lightyear broke down at the same time on one of the days, leaving very little to do in Discoveryland. Star Tours 2 is disappointing. But again a lot of that is down to the language stuff. There is a lot of talk on that ride. Only rode it in English once out of 5 goes. Didn't even know it could go into English the first few days I was there. Maybe I missed some info on this ride somewhere. But it seems just pot luck. The original Star Tours was more of a French - English mix. French pilot with the fully English film but now it's just a lot of French to digest I find.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hyperspace Mountain is another ride where they could split the queue line into English and French and give you an option for an improved experience with different language for different trains.
You need to let this "we need more English" thing go. Do you think there's a reason why most things in the park are in French? Would be a little insulting given a lot of French people weren't a fan of Disney coming into town anyway. Imagine how annoyed you'd be if Disney opened a park near London and all the rides were in a foreign language.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
You need to let this "we need more English" thing go. Do you think there's a reason why most things in the park are in French? Would be a little insulting given a lot of French people weren't a fan of Disney coming into town anyway. Imagine how annoyed you'd be if Disney opened a park near London and all the rides were in a foreign language.
Nonsense, I never said all the rides need to be completely in English. I never talked in extremes. The visitor numbers have been roughly 50% French 50% from the rest of Europe since 1992. They have 6 Star Tours simulators. 6 entries for Tower of Terror. 4-5 trains for Hyperspace Mountain. I do not see a problem with with making a smaller part of these always available for people who want to experience these rides in the original language these were envisaged when IT SUITS them. Both Star Tours 2 and Tower of Terror already play in English at certain times, presumably when an operator can be arsed to check where the crowds are from. This hardly happened over 5 days I was there. The randomness to me makes no sense. If I was visiting for 1 or 2 days I would have no idea the rides potentially have English soundtracks.

I actually love Ratatouille because it is French and suits the ride. If I were in Florida riding that (when it opens) I'd also want the original Disney Paris version if possible.

As someone who was brought up bilingually I never had problems with subtitles but I completely hate dubbing, also when English is dubbed over foreign languages in the news. It is ridiculous sounding.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Nonsense, I never said all the rides need to be completely in English. I never talked in extremes. The visitor numbers have been roughly 50% French 50% from the rest of Europe since 1992. They have 6 Star Tours simulators. 6 entries for Tower of Terror. 4-5 trains for Hyperspace Mountain. I do not see a problem with with making a smaller part of these always available for people who want to experience these rides in the original language these were envisaged when IT SUITS them. Both Star Tours 2 and Tower of Terror already play in English at certain times, presumably when an operator can be arsed to check where the crowds are from. This hardly happened over 5 days I was there. The randomness to me makes no sense. If I was visiting for 1 or 2 days I would have no idea the rides potentially have English soundtracks.
1568405262379.png
Here you go...

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
To be fair, it's not just British Guests, for a lot of other European countries their second language is english as it is an international language,, so the argument for better english has other implications beyond UK vs France!

shawnoc

Mega Poster
Here’s one for you @UKCoasterFan learn some french like every other country learns English..... maybe you will start to realise that when you go to another country, they don’t automatically cater for English speaking people.
If you want to experience Disney in English **** off to the States. God forbid you to ever go to Shanghai Disney mate.

Enjoy the parks for what they are dude ??