What's new

Silver Dollar City | Mystic River Falls | River Rapids

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Silver Dollar City has removed the Lost River of the Ozarks rapids ride to make room for a huge new 2020 project. No details about what the park is working on, but in addition to the ride, a very large area surrounding the attraction has been cleared.

Compare this arial photo...
SilverDollarCity2020ProjectMap-1.jpg

with this arial video.

Source

peep

CF Legend
Interesting, I'm guessing no one had any idea they were removing the rapids?

Excited to see what they have planned.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well I didn't even know they had rapids, so there you go!

I mean, I'm not surprised, I'd just never seen it before. :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I just learned something new today. Now, please be something in the prehistoric family.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well I didn't even know they had rapids, so there you go!

I mean, I'm not surprised, I'd just never seen it before. :p
Can confirm - there was a river rapids ride!?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Dollywood's river rapids also is built in the middle of a pathway network, like Silver Dollar City's. It'll be interesting to see if Dollywood's river rapids undergoes the same fate.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
The new ride for Silver Dollar City in 2020 is... Mystic River Falls! It's the $23 million signature attraction of the all-new Rivertown area, which will also feature an $4 million restaurant - the Rivertown Smokehouse - and a play area.

- Features the tallest drop on a river rapids in the Western Hemisphere, 4.5 stories
- Also features 82 foot tall elevator lift that can hold up to 4 rafts at once and can supposedly rotate them around as well
- After the elevator lift, the rafts navigate a 6-story high trough before entering the main drop
- Maunfactured by RES (I believe this stands for Ride Engineers Switzerland, the same company that built Wilde Hilde at Schwaben Park)
- Each raft can seat 8 people

e308be15-32d6-4994-b603-c6b4b4ae637f-Mystic2.jpg

mystic-river-falls-silver-dollar-city-artwork-620x350.jpg

Source: https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...ty-announces-major-park-expansion/1719117001/

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
The new ride for Silver Dollar City in 2020 is... Mystic River Falls! It's the $23 million signature attraction of the all-new Rivertown area, which will also feature an $4 million restaurant - the Rivertown Smokehouse - and a play area.

- Features the tallest drop on a river rapids in the Western Hemisphere, 4.5 stories
- Also features 82 foot tall elevator lift that can hold up to 4 rafts at once and can supposedly rotate them around as well
- After the elevator lift, the rafts navigate a 6-story high trough before entering the main drop
- Maunfactured by RES (I believe this stands for Ride Engineers Switzerland, the same company that built Wilde Hilde at Schwaben Park)
- Each raft can seat 8 people

e308be15-32d6-4994-b603-c6b4b4ae637f-Mystic2.jpg

mystic-river-falls-silver-dollar-city-artwork-620x350.jpg

Source: https://www.news-leader.com/story/n...ty-announces-major-park-expansion/1719117001/

This park is absolutely nuts and I love it.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've been intrigued by Infinity Falls since that ride started to take shape well over a year ago, so I will be curious to see how this ride compares to it. It's Silver Dollar City, so I have no doubt that the ride will have as nice of an aesthetic as depicted in the concept art. This will be a fun one to watch!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I see this is claiming tallest raft ride drop in the western hemisphere.

If this is taller than Infinity Falls and Infinity Falls claimed the tallest in the world when it opened.

Who in the Eastern hemisphere built a bigger one since infinity falls?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They're definitely saying "western hemisphere" because they can't be arsed to do the research on the eastern.

Plus, they know no guest is going to know or care otherwise.