What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ethan

Strata Poster
I have a question about the number of inversions of F.L.Y.

Who can tell me how many inversions F.L.Y. will have ?
Two, a zero-g roll at the start of the first half and a wingover/corkscrew thing at the end of the second.
I believe it only with images.
You don't have to take my word for it, but I don't care enough to sift through this entire thread to prove something to you ;)

MrRC

Mega Poster
Ethan, thank u very much for your reply. I respect your understand. The 1st inversion is hard to mis. But the 2nd wasn't realy sure about it. U say the 2nd inversion is at the end of the second , what u mean by "the second" ?

Can u tell me a lil bit more where in the track ?
1. Near the Restaurant ?
2. Under the 1st inversion ?

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
Ethan, thank u very much for your reply. I respect your understand. The 1st inversion is hard to mis. But the 2nd wasn't realy sure about it. U say the 2nd inversion is at the end of the second , what u mean by "the second" ?

I guess, "second half".

BTW, depending on your definition of "inversion" and on the actual banking of the curve after the first launch (whether it's more than 135 degrees) you might consider counting a third one...

Anyway, speaking of it, I never really understood the concept of defining inversions for a flying coaster. Neither a 0-g-roll nor a wingover/barrel roll really turns you upside-down. For this it takes a section of a vertical drop, like in a vertical loop or variations of it like to famous ;) Brezel-loop. So it seems somewhat arbitrary to me. However, people seem to be happy with calling an inversion whatever would turn you upside-down, if this track would be ran by a train of an (inverted) sit-down coaster. Well, fair enough.

Jstanich

Roller Poster
Good find. If these are legit for FLY, I think that might be a little difficult or strange to get your legs into the shin restraints. Just looks odd to have to spread your legs out then bring them back in to lock them in. Maybe it won’t be too bad though. Hopefully they’re comfortable in the flying position and an improvement on Vekomas first attempt at a flying coaster.

Stijn Schurkens

Roller Poster

MrRC

Mega Poster
Here the POV (harnas and leg clamp doesn't work) I think i need to adjust the friction of the wheels to make it more realistic.

My source is telling me that the trains have arrived 2 weeks ago, but the color of the seats is more like Burgondy (Bordeaux) red then Fire truck red. I will change that in the next videos.

Last edited:

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Nice animation!

I take it there is a short pre-show about flying during the seated section?

If this is anything like Taron it should be very special. Given how much the coaster is integrated into the area with hotel I reckon they will have done a lot more research than an average park for an average ride to ensure this will be as top notch as it can be.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Will be on park Tuesday, will let you guys know if I spot anything and will attempt to photograph for you. I somehow doubt it'll open for me though...