What's new

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Also, the back attachment that @Pear talked about is now on the train.

Let's hope they can keep the attachment after the testing and comissioning of the ride. Some coasters (mostly launchers) have had substantial parts of their trains removed not only after testing but also throughout seasons of operation. E.g: TTD, Lightning Rod, Stampida...

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
WOW, just watched it. That hill after the first loop is gonna deliver for sure. However, it's kind of odd and worth noting that as soon as the train hits the second launch at 0:43 in that video, the camera seems to be crooked as if the train was on a bank. Maybe this is safety clearances in the design? Or perhaps the camera slid a tad off its position?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
WOW, just watched it. That hill after the first loop is gonna deliver for sure. However, it's kind of odd and worth noting that as soon as the train hits the second launch at 0:43 in that video, the camera seems to be crooked as if the train was on a bank. Maybe this is safety clearances in the design? Or perhaps the camera slid a tad off its position?
Yeah, I think the camera just slid when the train crested the hill before the second launch.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Looks very nice. I love that launch-loop-hill combo. The change in forces should be good: some solid hangtime in the loop, positive forces at the bottom, and bam, right out of your seat on that airtime hill.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wow, that music is awesome. I do not expect some weird, mildly proggish music with kick ass drumming in a coaster teaser video.
I am not sure if the coaster lives up haha
At first I was let down, it seems real slow through the launch and loop, but it does seem to whip around the hills and turns, more than I expected. I was hoping its small compact size would make a coaster that maxes at 50 good. Im hopeful

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I hate to be that person but.......it looks kind of slow. Maybe because I haven't done many Mack launches so I'm comparing it to Intamin. I mean I like Icon and Operation Enterprise but they're kind of floaty rather than speedy and this seemed to be marketed as kind more rough round the edges but maybe that's just because it's in the US and has an american wilderness/country kind of theme? The layout looks cool though so I'm intrigued by that anyhow. I think it's safe to say it won't be crap, just wondered how good it will be on the good to amazing scale. Still nice to see Mack building these in the US though.

*waits for replies about wheel materials, slow preliminary launch testing and that recurring "macks are meant to be slower, it's totally different from an intamin" discussion that always comes up haha*

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I hate to be that person but.......it looks kind of slow. Maybe because I haven't done many Mack launches so I'm comparing it to Intamin. I mean I like Icon and Operation Enterprise but they're kind of floaty rather than speedy and this seemed to be marketed as kind more rough round the edges but maybe that's just because it's in the US and has an american wilderness/country kind of theme? The layout looks cool though so I'm intrigued by that anyhow. I think it's safe to say it won't be crap, just wondered how good it will be on the good to amazing scale. Still nice to see Mack building these in the US though.

*waits for replies about wheel materials, slow preliminary launch testing and that recurring "macks are meant to be slower, it's totally different from an intamin" discussion that always comes up haha*

I have similar feelings tbh. Agree it doesn't look particularly fast paced *based on test footage we know isn't entirely accurate*, although I feel the tight, twisty transitions are what will give Copperhead Strike the 'wild' element that is marketed. Earlier Mack launchers like Blue Fire and Helix look significantly more drawn out with their curves.

Pear

Strata Poster
That test footage is from a standstill launch on the 2nd launch. They launched it backwards and then forwards again. That is not full speed. You can see full speed tests on the webcam every now and then and it is faster than that.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Sounds weird saying this for a coaster - but it's supposed to be slow.

The launches on these things are terrible, it's just there as a way to get you from a to b and not designed to be thrilling.

Icon and Blue Fire are not forceful or intense, but they are absolutely brilliant at providing a smooth, fun and floaty ride and in that respect these coasters are world class.