Nagashima Spa Land | Hakugei | RMC I-Box Conversion of White Cyclone

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Just one more piece of track, and the ride will be complete:-
D0DYmQqU0AAb0jm.jpg

D0DYnTjUcAEfIbw.jpg

D0DYoWfUcAEE-13.jpg

D0DYpfAVsAAHqGM.jpg

As a side note, it appears that parts of the coaster will feature catwalks. Isn't this due to a certain Japanese ride safety law?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those pictures... <3
As a side note, it appears that parts of the coaster will feature catwalks. Isn't this due to a certain Japanese ride safety law?
It could well be. Japan sits in a very active seismic zone, so often times things seem hugely over-supported (see: the original White Cyclone structure), but it's perfectly plausible that this would also introduce catwalks as part of a safety regulation. Possibly to help recover guests if the train gets stopped up there, or maybe to give any maintenance workers a more stable platform. Hard to say for sure!

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I will probably be proven wrong and the ride will be awesome, but to me a lot of the elements look quite drawn out and not very snappy compared to other RMCs. Might just be me though.

Matt N

CF Legend
Might the reason that Nagashima have gone for slightly more drawn out elements be in order to make Hakugei have a wider appeal? Now, I know that many of you will argue that RMCs have a wide appeal as it is, which is definitely true, but what I mean is that if Nagashima had built a ride like Steel Vengeance, I'd imagine that quite a few park guests would come off it going "Oh god. That was horrific; I'm never riding that again!" due to the sheer amount of elements that a ride like that chucks at you in such a short space of time. We enthusiasts love that sort of thing, but to a non-enthusiast, it might almost be a little too much to handle. I'd be interested to know; how have non-enthusiasts recieved Steel Vengeance?

The point I'm trying to get at is that Hakugei might be trying to be more drawn out in order to give riders time to process each element before the next one comes in order to give it a wider appeal and strike a balance between being a good ride and being too much to handle for the average park guest, if you get what I mean.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Might the reason that Nagashima have gone for slightly more drawn out elements be in order to make Hakugei have a wider appeal? Now, I know that many of you will argue that RMCs have a wide appeal as it is, which is definitely true, but what I mean is that if Nagashima had built a ride like Steel Vengeance, I'd imagine that quite a few park guests would come off it going "Oh god. That was horrific; I'm never riding that again!" due to the sheer amount of elements that a ride like that chucks at you in such a short space of time. We enthusiasts love that sort of thing, but to a non-enthusiast, it might almost be a little too much to handle. I'd be interested to know; how have non-enthusiasts recieved Steel Vengeance?

The point I'm trying to get at is that Hakugei might be trying to be more drawn out in order to give riders time to process each element before the next one comes in order to give it a wider appeal and strike a balance between being a good ride and being too much to handle for the average park guest, if you get what I mean.

Actually, per stated in Coaster Studios' IAAPA interview with Alan Schilke, Nagishima were originally taken aback by the sheer intensity of Hakugei's original design proposal. They had never seen anything so wild and intense so perhaps this is why Alan toned the coaster down a bit, by stretching out elements.

Matt N

CF Legend
Actually, per stated in Coaster Studios' IAAPA interview with Alan Schilke, Nagishima were originally taken aback by the sheer intensity of Hakugei's original design proposal. They had never seen anything so wild and intense so perhaps this is why Alan toned the coaster down a bit, by stretching out elements.
Ah right, I never knew that! Thanks for telling us @Kw6sTheater!

bernatc22

Mega Poster
This could have been better than SV if Nagashima Spa Land had played their cards right... but oh well, it¡s the park's decision that actually matters in the end.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah it all seems a bit drawn out tbh, and I agree with whoever said the double down looked pathetic. This might ride similarly to Wildfire or something like that, perhaps?