What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
I wonder how long it will take after opening before the Steelers/TV networks start including the coaster in game promos. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do discounted park tickets if you buy game tickets or vice versa, as well. It’d be cool

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
I have a strong feeling this ride will be completed but the area won't be close to finished which will delay it's opening. Then it finally opens with none of Steelers country in a final state but at least the queue is in place, then the Steelers stuff will be ready by football season in September.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Screw June - I already have April booked for a visit. :p

Ride “areas” can come together pretty quickly. Just because Six Flags realized they were reading the West Coast Racers blueprints upside down doesn’t mean all parks have to be late in delivery. Pretty confident this opens as scheduled.

CeramicRabbit

Roller Poster
Screw June - I already have April booked for a visit. :p

Ride “areas” can come together pretty quickly. Just because Six Flags realized they were reading the West Coast Racers blueprints upside down doesn’t mean all parks have to be late in delivery. Pretty confident this opens as scheduled.
Nick Paradise said that it won't be open by the time the park opens, so I think there's extremely low chance it'll be ready by April.

Pear

Strata Poster
tuav5wi3x5i21.jpg

image0.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Man, that support structure is narrow! I can't wait to see the mess of track go up to compliment it!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I mean, I'll be honest I couldn't care less about the area. 1, just not something that matters to me 2, dont have any care for the Steelers so not like it being there will add anything. If the ride is open I simply don't care about the area.
That said.....

A friend of mine living in Pittsburgh sent me a news article today saying the ride won't open until July. Disappointing as I was going to try and visit the park in June.

Edit - here is the link https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stori...de-sets-record-before-it-even-opens/924675241

Yikes.
Well, I thank you for the link, because now I have time to change plans. Sorry KW...not going there without the new ride. Well, maybe next year. Guess its KI instead