What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'd imagine 3 trains is quite likely.

Linnanmäki does get approx. 1 million visitors a year, so there's a need for decent throughput.

2 trains would probably run most of the time, but having a third would be a good option.

If it's like Taron (which I expect it to be with 2 launches and a similar ride system) it would likely run 4 trains at max capacity, but comfortably run 3 with a steady throughput.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
If it's like Taron (which I expect it to be with 2 launches and a similar ride system) it would likely run 4 trains at max capacity, but comfortably run 3 with a steady throughput.

Oh definitely, it could run 4. But I don't see the park getting more than 3 - I don't think there's a need for them to have to buy 4 personally? Could be wrong of course!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Bear in mind Taron also has a separate load/offload station, and a longer track length. This won't run more than three, not to mention the maintenance bay will likely only be able to fit two trains.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Bear in mind Taron also has a separate load/offload station, and a longer track length. This won't run more than three, not to mention the maintenance bay will likely only be able to fit two trains.
This. I can't see them putting more than 2 trains, since the maintenance bay will comfortably have 2 trains. Also, The only times Linnanmäki is crowded is in the peak of the summer and at the light carnival in October. The longest I have waited for a ride there is 1h, which compared to other coasters worldwide isn't bad. They will run just fine with two trains, since this coaster isn't even an option for many visitors (too scary of a ride). Ukko, their other "extreme" coaster rarely has a line, and when it has a line it's cause it only has one train operations (because of the model, a Maurer skyloop). Even the confirmed fastpass this ride will get will be obsolete after the second season this will be open, because then the hype and crowds that were there only for this coaster will be gone (I may however be wrong, only time will tell.)

Puhveli

Roller Poster
http://instagr.am/p/Buq2RFuHD1w/ Linnanmäki just released new video on their instagram where Pia Adlivankin, General manager of Linnanmäki, birefly talks about Taiga. To summarise she mentions how she wanted to bring world-class roller coaster to Linnanmäki for some time now and the project started about 5-6 years ago. Part of their plan was to ask different roller coaster manufacturers where their best rides reside and travel to test them all out. From there they were able to decide what kind of roller coaster was best for Linnanmäki.

Nothing huge really but still interesting. That was only part 1 of the series and we will definitely see more in coming month

Also finally we might know opening date of Taiga
Someone at the comments asked when we can expect Taiga to open. Linnanmäki answered that they are aiming for midsummer opening. Midsummer is huge celebration in Finland and opening of Taiga would make it so much better. Midsummer is June 22 (Saturday).

Puhveli

Roller Poster
http://instagr.am/p/Bu8PtXzneLA/ Second part of the video series is up! This time they talk little bit about theme and story of the Taiga.
Apparently ''Taiga'' is the name of the eagle we have seen many times in promotional pictures. It has left it's old territory behind to find a new and finally settling on building a nest on Linnanmäki. Every now and then Taiga will swoop across Linnanmäki to keep eye on it's new territory (and that's what the ride experience represents).

Obviously there's no over the top lore and story to be found on Taiga but I think that's fine and I actually like the simplicity of it.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
http://instagr.am/p/Bu8PtXzneLA/ Second part of the video series is up! This time they talk little bit about theme and story of the Taiga.
Apparently ''Taiga'' is the name of the eagle we have seen many times in promotional pictures. It has left it's old territory behind to find a new and finally settling on building a nest on Linnanmäki. Every now and then Taiga will swoop across Linnanmäki to keep eye on it's new territory (and that's what the ride experience represents).

Obviously there's no over the top lore and story to be found on Taiga but I think that's fine and I actually like the simplicity of it.
That's a cool story! Mind you, that's the most theming out of all rides of Linnanmäki. Heck, I would say the most themed coaster at Linnanmäki is Vuoristorata, which is themed to itself...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Disappointed these videos don't have English subtitles, but thank you for the overview Puhveli!

I was always curious by the name Taiga given it's forest / nature link, and has a presence in Finland - https://wildtaiga.fi/en/ Nice simple story, but weird it doesn't directly relate to a more forest-like background I guess

Puhveli

Roller Poster
Disappointed these videos don't have English subtitles, but thank you for the overview Puhveli!

I was always curious by the name Taiga given it's forest / nature link, and has a presence in Finland - https://wildtaiga.fi/en/ Nice simple story, but weird it doesn't directly relate to a more forest-like background I guess
She does mention briefly how Taiga means northern forests and that the Eagle represents it in some way. It's pretty safe to assume that theming in Taiga will include forests in ways or another.
Found this really neat drone footage taken couple of days ago.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
She does mention briefly how Taiga means northern forests and that the Eagle represents it in some way. It's pretty safe to assume that theming in Taiga will include forests in ways or another.
Found this really neat drone footage taken couple of days ago.
Seems like they have gotten the station building almost complete... Same goes for the maintenance shed.
Still missing theming, which is not a surprise tbh.

Puhveli

Roller Poster
Nothing new here really aside of nice overview shot of Taiga. Nothing worth translating to be honest either.

Linnanmäki's marketing on Taiga has been so lackluster that it's hard not to be disappointed. They had almost year of time to build up hype and offer interesting ''behind the scenes'' material but what we got instead now is short snippets of people explaining things that we have known for past year. Doesn't help that there's barely any effort in videos either. Linnanmäki has a winner in their hands and it's so sad to see them be so passive on marketing it. At least we got that POV with nauseating filter. Teasers leading to reveal were nice though...

Some ranting for good measure

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Nothing new here really aside of nice overview shot of Taiga. Nothing worth translating to be honest either.

Linnanmäki's marketing on Taiga has been so lackluster that it's hard not to be disappointed. They had almost year of time to build up hype and offer interesting ''behind the scenes'' material but what we got instead now is short snippets of people explaining things that we have known for past year. Doesn't help that there's barely any effort in videos either. Linnanmäki has a winner in their hands and it's so sad to see them be so passive on marketing it. At least we got that POV with nauseating filter. Teasers leading to reveal were nice though...

Some ranting for good measure
I have to agree. Linnanmäki's marketing/hypeup for Taiga has been a disaster. Let's hope that they atleast give us a proper POV when it starts testing...

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Pullthrough has started:
thumb_001_562.jpg

thumb_002_568.jpg

thumb_004_552.jpg

thumb_006_536.jpg

thumb_008_517.jpg

thumb_009_516.jpg

thumb_011_466.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Surely they're not the full trains? Pull throughs rarely (if ever) involve the full train when there's more than one car. In fact, any pull throughs I've seen have been one car I'm sure?

Very odd.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's quite the train... I was not expecting a two car train, so this caught me off guard. Atleast the restraints are the same as on Taron!
The two-car train isn't the full train, it's just for the pull-through test. The train will likely be twice that long (four cars). You can't really drag the entire train through the course with a cable, it would be too heavy. They did the same thing with Hyperion, Steel Dolphin, and every single other Intamin coaster.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Thanks for the replies guys. But; I feel as we can celebrate the fact that the trains will be the newer, Taron style with the ots lapbars. And with the eagle in the front, it really is a copy of Taron (with the bull-esc creature on Taron)