What's new

Space World Japan To Close In December 2017

Peet

Giga Poster
Sad about Titan but I'd have been astonished if any park had wanted to buy it. It's weird that they were in such a rush to demolish the station but nothing else!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sad about Titan but I'd have been astonished if any park had wanted to buy it. It's weird that they were in such a rush to demolish the station but nothing else!
Might have been where most of the copper and precious metals (in all of the electronics and controls) were located, meaning fastest revenue input.

That, or they wanted to get that 'fiddly' stuff out before rolling in the big demolition equipment. :p

TilenB

Strata Poster
Might have been where most of the copper and precious metals (in all of the electronics and controls) were located, meaning fastest revenue input.
You're probably onto something here. There's a few coasters in still operating Asian parks that have had the station removed, but the rest of the ride was left standing.

Peet

Giga Poster
It was most likely sold some time ago since it was dismantled way before the rest of the park, presumably so it could be shipped to its new owners.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Would be nice if they could ship the comfy-looking S&S trains from this to Blackpool and plonk them on their Arrow hyper.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Would be nice if they could ship the comfy-looking S&S trains from this to Blackpool and plonk them on their Arrow hyper.
Not really on board with that idea. They may look comfy but there's a weird rigid feeling to it all and it rides with the grace of a cardboard box down a staircase. Having music could be a laugh though.
Don't see a problem with the current trains to be honest.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So heres something interesting. A reply to my VHCoasters post on Twitter.
For context this is the guy who posted the pictures of Titan being taken apart originally and runs runs a Twitter page that oftens covers the dismanatling of the park.

The main thing here is the suggestion that Zaturn went to the Netherlands. If it did.... where in the world would it have gone?
I am thinking that perhaps theres a 2nd hand ride merchant there?
50902112_2084514404976250_1584831941402689536_n.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
"Most amusement rides" (a la the recent knotts and pleasure island boomerang refurbs) near Slagharen would fit that description. Next time anyone goes keep an eye out!

This was my first thought too. However I got a friend to look at the Most factory site on Terraserver (paid for high res and high temporal resolution satellite server if you are wondering) and Zaturn does not appear to be at Most at least in Aug/Sep last year which is many months after it left Space World. Not saying Most didnt get it but its a bit of evidence they didnt.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
This was my first thought too. However I got a friend to look at the Most factory site on Terraserver (paid for high res and high temporal resolution satellite server if you are wondering) and Zaturn does not appear to be at Most at least in Aug/Sep last year which is many months after it left Space World. Not saying Most didnt get it but its a bit of evidence they didnt.
Interesting research! We'll have to keep a collective lookout!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I cant even think a park in the Netherlands that Could get or afford Zaturn.

Efteling - Just NO
Walibi Holland - Getting an RMC
Toverland - Cant see it
Drieviet - I hope not and too close to the city i guess
Avonturenpark Hellendoorn - Maybe?
Julianatoren - Getting an SBF spinner. An Intamin isnt on the cards.
Duinrell - Oh come on. unless its themed to a tree.

No other park is big enough to support or i guess afford Zaturn in my opinion. Dutch members of CF berate me :)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I cant even think a park in the Netherlands that Could get or afford Zaturn.

Efteling - Just NO
Walibi Holland - Getting an RMC
Toverland - Cant see it
Drieviet - I hope not and too close to the city i guess
Avonturenpark Hellendoorn - Maybe?
Julianatoren - Getting an SBF spinner. An Intamin isnt on the cards.
Duinrell - Oh come on. unless its themed to a tree.

No other park is big enough to support or i guess afford Zaturn in my opinion. Dutch members of CF berate me :)
Slagharen? Haha wild lasso launch

Can't see it anywhere tbh. The only park where it "fits" the lineup is Walibi and I think they're pretty busy building an RMC so refurb is my top choice at the moment.