What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yeah this guy. I've been on Twister and Wooden Warrior along with the little bit bigger but still crazy attractions from GG with White Lightning and Mine Blower and NONE of them fail to deliver. They all give exactly what you would expect and more in a lot of cases. Fantastic airtime with unique elements and a fun ride with excellent pacing. That is why my hopes aren't through the roof but excited, just as I was for Storm Chaser and Lightning Run.. both of which exceeded my expectations.
White Lightning is a GCI. Although I agree that the larger ones look to have a lot of airtime like the smaller ones.

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah this guy. I've been on Twister and Wooden Warrior along with the little bit bigger but still crazy attractions from GG with White Lightning and Mine Blower and NONE of them fail to deliver. They all give exactly what you would expect and more in a lot of cases. Fantastic airtime with unique elements and a fun ride with excellent pacing. That is why my hopes aren't through the roof but excited, just as I was for Storm Chaser and Lightning Run.. both of which exceeded my expectations.
I've done Mine Blower, Wooden Warrior, and Twister and all 3 were great and surprisingly fun!

White Lightning on the other hand was quite boring and really underwhelming in my opinion.

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my! It's comments like these that make me really hope Paultons gets a family GG in 2020; it's my only hope of getting on one any time soon, as my parents (for a good reason, to be fair.) rejected my suggestion of Mine Blower when we visit Florida in April!

Snoo

The Legend
I've done Mine Blower, Wooden Warrior, and Twister and all 3 were great and surprisingly fun!

White Lightning on the other hand was quite boring and really underwhelming in my opinion.

Agreed wholeheartedly with this statement. White Lightning kind of just exists? The other three, Mine Blower especially, are brilliant.

Pear

Strata Poster
It's not "rough" there's just some shuffly parts and weird vibrations at points. It honestly adds to the fun of the experience IMO. It's not bad as long as you're not a complete pansy.

Hutch

Strata Poster
White Lightning was a tad disappoint based on what I heard prior to riding. It's still a solid ride with great pacing but the airtime wasn't too memorable. I think I prefer Wooden Warrior honestly.

Gravity Group is definitely on point with their woodies though. Ironically the only GG I found underwhelming was Voyage, but that's another conversation. But they've been doing all the right things with the family ones, and it's always great to see more pop after as it's always a ride type I want to see more of. There's really nothing wrong with these little guys.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
White Lightning was a tad disappoint based on what I heard prior to riding. It's still a solid ride with great pacing but the airtime wasn't too memorable. I think I prefer Wooden Warrior honestly.

Gravity Group is definitely on point with their woodies though. Ironically the only GG I found underwhelming was Voyage, but that's another conversation. But they've been doing all the right things with the family ones, and it's always great to see more pop after as it's always a ride type I want to see more of. There's really nothing wrong with these little guys.

But did you ride Voyage at night? From what I hear it's a great ride then, specifically during a New Moon, if I remember correctly from a Drunk Riders podcast. :emoji_wink:

Hutch

Strata Poster
But did you ride Voyage at night? From what I hear it's a great ride then, specifically during a New Moon, if I remember correctly from a Drunk Riders podcast. :emoji_wink:
The main problem for me was that the constant violence and sheer length of the ride kinda puts a number on you, especially on the return run. It didn't help that the lap bar kept tightening on the first few valleys. I couldn't figure out the best place to sit as well. Front was a bit smoother but the airtime was underwhelming, whereas the back is obviously more intense but got more violent. Of course it didn't help that I had high expectations going into it as well.

I've yet to try it in the dark though. I'm hoping to make the CF Live this summer and give it a second chance, possibly squeeze in some night rides as well.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The main problem for me was that the constant violence and sheer length of the ride kinda puts a number on you, especially on the return run. It didn't help that the lap bar kept tightening on the first few valleys. I couldn't figure out the best place to sit as well. Front was a bit smoother but the airtime was underwhelming, whereas the back is obviously more intense but got more violent. Of course it didn't help that I had high expectations going into it as well.

I've yet to try it in the dark though. I'm hoping to make the CF Live this summer and give it a second chance, possibly squeeze in some night rides as well.
Fortunately, The Voyage rode MUCH better this past year with most of the return run retracked. And to add to it, the park is retracking from the 3rd overbanked turn all the way to the final tunnel so the whole ride should be running fantastically next summer!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Fortunately, The Voyage rode MUCH better this past year with most of the return run retracked. And to add to it, the park is retracking from the 3rd overbanked turn all the way to the final tunnel so the whole ride should be running fantastically next summer!
Yeah, it's great that they're doing that and I'm hoping it runs better for me. I still think it has potential to rate highly for me, but I'm keeping my expectations modest. I just need more rides honestly.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Track is starting to go up:-
50170512_2282677668433059_4211534768841424896_n.jpg

50274309_2282677661766393_577129830898728960_n.jpg

50286198_2282677688433057_5044558265904529408_n.jpg

Photos by Kentucky Kingdom.

I'm surprised that nothing else has actually been added in terms of structure for a while.

Peet

Giga Poster
I think it looks super tacky but I actually really like it.
I completely agree.

In case anyone, like me, is thinking "what is this blue one that ATI is talking about?" I've dug out the one we saw before at IAAPA:
Untitled.png

I agree with ATI that the silver one is much better.

What would be really tacky but cool is if the propeller could spin freely so would start to windwill as the train picks up speed. I don't think it will be the case though!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The ride will have 2 trains, one blue and one grey, just to clarify. The grey one isn't a replacement for the blue one. I think the blue one looks tacky. I think the grey one looks sleek.

Snoo

The Legend
^I've heard Mine Blower was really rough though?

Nope. Not at all. It had one rough patch but nothing that kills you. I was able to whore it up when I was there in November. Could have kept going had the rest of the group didn't wanna go home. :D

tenor.gif