CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Tigris is rising:-
49810348_2165546746802066_6533574086843432960_n.jpg

Photo by Justin Holas.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
They will be done in no time, I guess.

Shame Busch is, once again, playing too safe including the so-called 'comfort collars' because these coasters are little gems. Cute, pack a punch and take almost no space.

Pear

Strata Poster
The comfort collars on Tempesto weren't too bad, but I've heard they've been given an upgrade since I last rode it though.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The comfort collars on Tempesto weren't too bad, but I've heard they've been given an upgrade since I last rode it though.
It's not about them being comfortable or not. It's whether they are necessary (spoiler: no they are not).

I hate it when parks just add redundant systems that slow down operations. Maybe it's just a pet-peeve of mine, but why would you like to have an overly complicated system on your low capacity ride when a regular safety bar has proven to be successful in other installations and the manufacturer has an immaculate safety record?

I don't care if going upside down on a coaster with a lap bar only puts off part of the demographic. There will always be plenty of people lining up to ride. Leave wusses on the ground. Parks offer plenty of other choices that might make you feel 'safer'.

Last edited:

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
It's not about them being comfortable or not. It's whether they are necessary (spoiler: no they are not).

I hate it when parks just add redundant systems that slow down operations. Maybe it's just a pet-peeve of mine, but why would you like to have an overly complicated system on your low capacity ride when a regular safety bar has proven to be successful in other installations and the manufacturer has an immaculate safety record?

I don't care if going upside down on a coaster with a lap bar only puts away part of the demographic. There will always be plenty of people lining up to ride. Leave wusses on the ground. Parks offer plenty of other choices that might make you feel more 'safe'.

To be fair, I feel like decisions like that are just a side-effect of what management is: the art of dealing with bull**** that has absolutely nothing do with your actual business. Who knows whether SeaWorld has it's own internal committee dedicated towards demographical accessibility of new additions within the chain. You know, the stuff that sounds good and sensible on paper, but turns into absolute crap in practice. Human decisions are somewhat random, especially when it comes to design. It doesn't matter how much you pay people, their decisions will still be dominated by their gut feeling. And a large chain like SeaWorld has plenty of space for gut feelings and random decisions.

Lofty

CF Legend
It's so easy to forget how big these things actually are - I think they're actually quite fun. Very interested to see the ride difference between comfort collars/no comfort collars.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I know I've mentioned it on the forums quite a bit in the past 18 months, but I was thoroughly surprised by the original at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. It's quite a thrilling package in such a small footprint. If these all become boomerang replacements, I'd be more than happy with that.

Ben

CF Legend
It's so easy to forget how big these things actually are - I think they're actually quite fun. Very interested to see the ride difference between comfort collars/no comfort collars.

Spoiler alert - the collars ain’t comfy.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
lol, it'll probably be finished tomorrow. Weather sucks here today, doubt they'd lift the huge roll piece in the rain/wind.