What's new

What is your favourite theme park Christmas event?

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. Sorry if there's already a thread like this, but as Christmas is tomorrow and I'm feeling festive, I'd like to ask you guys; what is your favourite theme park Christmas event? Now, I haven't actually been to any, but from what I've seen around the internet, some of the best-looking ones look to include:
  • Europa Park's Winter Season - Even if only because of the sheer quantity of Christmas trees used, Europa Park's Christmas event looks simply stunning, in my opinion! Also, the temporary experiences that Europa brings in (such as the Belle Vue Ferris Wheel) and some of the little things they do (such as decorating the Euro Tower to look like a Christmas tree) really look to add to the experience, in my opinion!
  • Christmas at any Disney park - Disney's take on Christmas and New Year looks nothing short of magical, in my opinion! From all the wreaths lining Main Street USA to the New Year's Eve parties that Disney throw, Disney at Christmas looks like a simply magical experience, if you ask me!
  • Phantasialand Wintertraum - Phantasialand is a park that I'd love to visit at Christmas; the light festival that they've thrown this year looks absolutely stunning, and I love the look of all the little decorations and details that Phantasialand put up each year! Also, I'd love a night ride on Taron with all those stunning lights around it!
  • Winter Efteling - Now, I personally like the look of this event because it looks to be a very different take on the usual Christmas event; in fact, it apparently doesn't make any references to Christmas at all, instead celebrating "winter". Some of the things that Efteling does for winter look quite quirky (in a good way) to me; I saw that they have a campfire-style thing in the middle of the park, and they also convert what is usually a car ride into an attraction that you walk along with skis! Winter Efteling certainly looks like a different take on the usual Christmas event, and I'd love to visit some day!
So, what are some of you guys' favourite Christmas events?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Bah, humbug.

Was gonna say the only one I've done is Universal Singapore several times. It gets in the way there. People crowding around a tree while I'm trying to power through New York.
46393921572_4cfa19bee4_k.jpg

I guess the 'Guinness World Record' display one year was kinda cool.
46322410452_81a1f72573_k.jpg

But I have been to a few others around that time of year that it isn't an event (and long after, China will leave stuff up well into January, depending on Chinese New Year), they chuck some decorations up and don't do anything with it. Or I haven't noticed.
46444356651_b11fffb2bb_k.jpg

32572200348_6e0b72d6b5_k.jpg

45721402394_390c875425_k.jpg

45721388244_ad254a5f7a_k.jpg

31504925407_df05a39a4e_k.jpg

Kinda respect it. More my style. My tree went up yesterday.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Phantasialand Winteraum is my personal favourite because you get a good few hours of Taron in the dark. There are good drink options and nice decorations too.

Winter Efteling was a bit of a let down as a Christmas event. There are a few fire pits scattered about across the park with some decorations and market style food stalls but that's it. There's minimal Christmas music and most of the park is left untouched .

Europa Park looks the best by far overall.

Matt N

CF Legend
Winter Efteling was a bit of a let down as a Christmas event. There are a few fire pits scattered about across the park with some decorations and market style food stalls but that's it. There's minimal Christmas music and most of the park is left untouched .
The thing with Winter Efteling is that I don't think it's intended to be a Christmas event per se, more a "winter" event celebrating all aspects of Winter.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
2 Events of Everland
1. They have Christmas parade and special firework show for christmas and they're menorable.
2. They operate their park from 10AM until 1AM in December 31th. Chance to ride T Express at 22:30.(after that T Express is closed 1.5 month for maintenance reason)

myself

Roller Poster
Smokey Mountain Christmas
I have not seen to many and might be a little biased, but it is hard to get any better.