What's new

Kent, England | The London Resort | Entertainment Complex

El Patricko

Roller Poster
Yeah basically Keltbray would be coming in to get the groundwork side of things done then the contracts for a lot of the builds and other projects will be tendered out at a later date.

I'd like to think of this as a positive move as people are being contacted to provide quotes for initial projects. Let's hope they're not wasting all these tradesman's time aye ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but London Resort has recently appointed a new director named Alan Crane in the role of Construction Consultant. Here's a SouthParks social media post about it:
https://m.facebook.com/southparks/photos/a.10152110405478495/10156343196718495/?type=3&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARDTstupmjTxzpnVv-YsMAP1GZ8VSRCfx_EBDaBiUm7NQzBYUZRovB_zGIG9HwTR5POsfo4cy5JW7Gr_BivBgcufe20H01PWC6HWZTQA9yJ01fq9Ve8PHVM-g-Xm-lJRnNMYoMpakf893QsbZeHS9mEQRTUFwUTD_7Zu_18jAT7xAnBY0OlXQE1KiCpxAAJ6CsZFlGMcXXvRswckYf8f5FwZGUjaueCH-osvbDPwlUOr8mRqyKSFd4zTE3VW18J6uTfK-CeJ4eoyaED36L73n-BmXflzmCxECNCs36OKeRwwi-PkaEP_l5-R-MsmoT12sn50A6FnoNvuuGUc3xYp&__tn__=-R

An interesting thing to take into account is that he was involved in Disneyland Paris. But this is a really promising sign, in my opinion; I reckon we'll see a planning permit later this year!
P.S. I'll try and embed the social media post later.

Lofty

CF Legend
They can hire who they want, the fact most of the original Saudi investors walked out says this will not happen - the project failed in the original format and it's really difficult to gain investors after that's happened, especially when you're asking them to invest hundreds of millions.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Take this however you please
News story from Asia Attractions Magazine in China.
http://www.asiaattractions.net/index.php?s=/web/land/detail.html&id=998

Chinese company invested 3.2 billion pounds in London theme park
Source: Theme Park | Time: April 4, 2019
c9e1011ea77b51c8cee3db0d72dfea8e.jpg

On October 21, 2018, China Zhongfu Group announced that it will invest 3.2 billion pounds to participate in the development of the London Paramount Entertainment Resort project. This is another major project after Zhongfu announced that it will invest 250 million pounds to build a UK Cornish resort project and invest 2 billion pounds to build a British biomass power station.

It is understood that the project began construction in 2017 and is scheduled to be completed in 2021. Covering an area of 872 acres (approximately 3.53 million square meters), the theme park project is located on the banks of the River Thames in Kent, East London, close to the London Outer Ring Road M25 and will create 27,000 jobs locally. At the same time, the project also signed a landmark cooperation agreement with BBC Universal: the park will set up rides designed according to BBC programs, such as Doctor Who and Top Gear. After the project is completed, it is expected to attract 15 million tourists to visit.

In addition to the theme park, festival facilities, hotels and other supporting facilities will be built.

Matt N

CF Legend
2021? Ooh! That's sooner than I was expecting; I thought the project wasn't opening until 2024! If true, then 2021 will be an exciting year for the UK, as that's also when Thorpe Park will likely receive their next major investment!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why, out of interest? We've got a big new park to look forward to!
Go have a look at the door to your room. Notice how its handle or doorknob is attached to a small metal plate, which again is nailed to the door. Whether it's a screw or a tiny nail, that fastening object can be called a doornail. It is slightly more alive than this project.