What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

TilenB

Strata Poster
I don't know whether this has been covered anywhere else on the forum, but according to RCDB, Maceraperest at Isfanbul in Turkey (an Intamin family coaster at the park home to Nefeskesen) was removed and put into storage in late 2017, in case no one knew: https://rcdb.com/10830.htm
I certainly never knew this! Does anyone know why it was removed so early on in its life?
According to this trip report, the park has plans to relocate the ride within the park. It seems that the whole place went through a bit of remodeling before this season and also got a new name.

https://www.bannister.org/coasters/trips/2018/0921.htm

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Looks as if Runaway Train at Gillian's Wonderland Pier has been removed. It looks like Gillian's is either overhauling their website or simply removed a boat load of information, so no explanation for the removal can be found there. RCDB is also mum and a google search turns up fruitless results.

aafnpsg

It happened to be one of the more interesting coasters on the Jersey Shore. Hopefully it turns up somewhere:

aaayqoa

Anybody happen to have any info?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
According to rcdb, Jungle Storm in Chakazoolu Indoor Theme Park has closed at some point this year.
https://rcdb.com/1929.htm

Sad, another good one bites the dust. :(
Aww boo! That one was a good one! It had an absolutely insane lift hill, and some ballistic forces in the hills and corners. Not to mention the constant risk of decapitation. Shame...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Slightly old news now, but Wanda now do not have any association with Wanda theme parks: https://blooloop.com/link/wanda-theme-park-operations-sunac/

Wanda sold a 91% share in the parks and their tourism division to Sunac last year, which meant they still had a say in the development of the parks, and the names couldn't be changed. They sold the remaining 9% to Sunac in October.

Despite what the Blooloop article says, I also believe that there was some intervention from the Chinese government, who forced Wanda's hand slightly, over concerns about them monopolising too many industries in China.

I doubt they'll be any noticeable changes to the Wanda parks' operations or development, but I guess we could see some name changes?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Is it being moved from sfgadv?
Yes. They screwed up the manual controls (and a lawsuit happened) so it, along with the King Cobra waterslide, are leaving the country.
They're getting a new Super Loop to replace the old one, and the old one's going to LaRonde.
Meanwhile King Cobra is going to Mexico for their waterpark.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So it looks like Wicker Man is going to opening up this Winter at Alton Towers:-
Just for some context, the only attractions open in the park currently is everything in CBeebies land, Duel, Maurderer's Mayhem, Heave Ho!, Sea Life Sharkbait Reef and Spinball Whizzer (with the only open coasters being Spinball and ORCA), as well as everything in the resort that isn't the theme park, so Wicker Man would be a fine addition to the portfolio.

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I went to HK Disney for the first time in a while yesterday.

No doubt inspired by Shanghai, they're now selling priority pass tickets. A set of 3 costs HK$199 (around US$25 or £20), or a set of 8 is HK$299 (US$38 or £30).

Prices are per person and for one-time use, with named attractions (it's basically a set of ride/show tickets), so you couldn't just buy a set of 8 and split them between various people for the same attraction.

It was busy yesterday, and a few people were using them, but it didn't seem to have a negative effect on queue times. Personally, I don't think they're necessary, especially if you've got a full day, but I guess it's pretty good value for the set of 8 if you can't be bothered waiting.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So Wicker Man won't be opening this winter. Wicker Man Winter will literally just be videos about the rides maintenance it seems. What a disappointment.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I genuinely can't believe that people thought Wicker Man would open over winter when wintery weather literally stopped it from opening on the first day of season.

People have such short term memories.

rob666

Hyper Poster
The wintry weather that caused problems at the start of the season was only the second lot of proper snow all winter.
As far as weather is concerned, the ride could open probably 49 weeks of the year.
Economically however...