What's new

Another one gone ; Avalanche @ Timber Falls

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The whole life of this coaster seems pretty sad. I remember when it opened it got rave reviews almost across the board and broke a lot of people top 10s but the park never had the money to maintain it.
Over the years it just got worse and worse as shown by people's disdain for it now.

The park just ran it into the ground. I guess it's got to the point where it's too broken to run anymore :(

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't remember anything about this coaster, to be honest, which probably means it's no great loss.

That said, another woodie gone is another woodie gone...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The spite of this one hurts to be honest. I saw the cred last year but was closed for the season. I was only a few weeks late for it I think. I think this is the first demolished cred I've seen but haven't ridden (apart from Knightmare but **** that POS).

Matt N

CF Legend
If the park allegedly didn't have the money to maintain Avalanche, does anyone know how they actually afforded to build it in the first place?

Lofty

CF Legend
Goodbye, bitch. I still only have half a filling due to you knocking the other half out.

Good ****ing riddance.

Matt N

CF Legend
My goodness; how rough was this ride if it managed to knock out half of @Lofty's filling? Was it as rough as Grand National at BPB is, because that's the roughest wooden coaster I've done?

It's a shame that some of you say that Avalanche was rough, as I always thought it looked like quite a good coaster, and I've read a couple of reports from the Wisconsin area saying that it was a very good ride. It was also unique in that it was one of the few S&S wooden coasters ever to be built.

Lofty

CF Legend
My goodness; how rough was this ride if it managed to knock out half of @Lofty's filling? Was it as rough as Grand National at BPB is, because that's the roughest wooden coaster I've done?
It was really ****ing rough. There was no saving grace for it, at all.

It's a shame that some of you say that Avalanche was rough, as I always thought it looked like quite a good coaster, and I've read a couple of reports from the Wisconsin area saying that it was a very good ride. It was also unique in that it was one of the few S&S wooden coasters ever to be built.
It was not good ;)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I rode it back in 2006 and it was just starting to show its age. It was still a fun ride and it was an easy +1 if you were already in the area for Mt Olympus, but it certainly sounds like they didn't give it ANY TLC whatsoever.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I rode it back in 2006 and it was just starting to show its age. It was still a fun ride and it was an easy +1 if you were already in the area for Mt Olympus, but it certainly sounds like they didn't give it ANY TLC whatsoever.
Add 10 years and that's when I rode it. I doubt it received a single plank of new wood that whole time based on how it was riding then.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
She gone:

79qjup1rcq821.jpg

Found on r/rollercoasters