What's new

Ankara, Turkey | Wonderland Eurasia | Theme Park

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Altair is great! Though tbf, I rode it in opening year, so I don’t know how well it’s aged.

The Rev. B layout is definitely better than the original Colossus layout, mainly because the first drop is bigger/steeper and you really feel the benefit of that extra speed. Also, heartline rolls with lap bars <3.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ah right. Thanks guys! I didn't think Colossus' layout was anything overly special, myself, so I'm glad that the Rev. B layout is better. I'm also glad that the Rev. Bs are smoother, as Colossus was very painful when I last rode it!

Lofty

CF Legend
I still have faith! The team behind it seem like a dedicated bunch!

Anyway, back on to Ankapark. I really hope that someone acquires and opens the park soon. The scale of it looks obscene; 17 roller coasters is quite the number for a new theme park!
There's been about 5 different teams 'behind' the project and the fact they all keep walking away says a lot ha.

Matt N

CF Legend
Is the park fully assembled and ready to open from a construction point of view, out of interest?

TilenB

Strata Poster
Is the park fully assembled and ready to open from a construction point of view, out of interest?
From the latest photos that were posted, it didn't seem it was far off from being done. Though I'm not sure if the inside part of the domes are indeed finished...
Why? Are you interested in buying the place? :D

Matt N

CF Legend
From the latest photos that were posted, it didn't seem it was far off from being done. Though I'm not sure if the inside part of the domes are indeed finished...
Why? Are you interested in buying the place? :D
Unfortunately not! But it does seem a shame to have all those creds sat gathering dust, if you ask me...

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Unfortunately not! But it does seem a shame to have all those creds sat gathering dust, if you ask me...
I was genuinely thinking this too - Turkish summers get very hot, and even near Ankara there will be months of 30c plus.
Unless they're being maintained and cared for, I can't imagine they'll be in particularly good shape when the imaginary opening comes round.

Lofty

CF Legend
Sadly, it just won't open. If you have a look at the political turmoil in the area surrounding this park, the chances of any form of funding coming in to finish it is extremely slim. Just search 'Ankapark' on Twitter and you'll see what I mean.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well in somewhat of a surprise the new operators of AnkaPark will be...... OCT(Overseas China Town)
If that name sounds familier its because they own and run the Happy Valley brand of parks in China as well as the new Visionland brand and plenty of other resorts. hotels and the like.
Opening target in ANKAPARK March 2019
Renting ANKAPARK for 29 years, GBM Trade and Steel Joint Venture Group has rolled up its sleeves for the next March.

Writer:
Contact Tuncay directly
-
November 12, 2018
ankapark-acilis-tarihi-mart2019-696x400.jpg

GBM Trade and Steel Enterprise Group has obtained the right to operate ANKAPARK for 29 years with the tender held last August.

The park will be operated by OCT Group, the world's 4th largest company in Asia. The OCT Group, which currently has 17 themed parks and hosts 44 million visitors a year, will increase the number of parks to 20 at the end of the year.

Committed to completing all the investment required for the commissioning of ANKAPARK, the GBM and Çelik joint venture group will pay 26 million 400 thousand liras annually as well as 3% of the revenue to Ankara Metropolitan Municipality. With the completion of the tender process, the company quickly entered the construction completion process and agreed with KDM AVM Consultancy for the leasing of the commercial areas of the project.

ANKAPARK is scheduled to open in March 2019

Murat Izci, founder of KDM Consulting, stated that ANKAPARK will embrace not only the people of Ankara but also everyone, and said that the project will attract a large number of visitors from Turkey and abroad. Construction of the park part of the rapid progress indicating that Murat Izci, the commercial area, said they had started the rental work.

Expressed that the intense interest in the first stage, a company wants different areas of the park 2 or even 3 part of the Scout, especially for eating & drinking cafes and restaurants, souvenirs and concept stores that address children will take part in the project told.

What's in ANKAPARK?

'Turkey's unrivaled entertainment project' touted as the ankapark in 1217 to give a total quantity of service to the shopping & entertainment unit cafe section of the playground. In these facilities 70 thousand square meter play tent, 14 giant roller coaster, movie theaters, Ankara's largest ice rink, 30 thousand people concert space, indoor & outdoor aquapark, bowling halls, 100 thousand square meters pool section, dinosaur forest and museums, digital game halls, Ottoman flavors and exhibited works like Ottoman Street.

ANKAPARK, which will appeal to every age group from 7 to 70, will serve from 12:00 am to 12:00 pm for 12 months.
https://www.emlakdream.com/ankapark...Dv1MPoGMcGevK7l8tKrHFGggn-CszT_41ZJEtNI0DceFA

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I wonder if they'll conveniently transfer the rides to their existing parks...
That seems highly unlikely based on how they run their parks. It's far more likely that they're seeing this as an opportunity to get a foothold outside China without taking the huge risk of building something from scratch.

Anyway, this is a good thing. I've been holding off on Turkey largely based on this place sorting its **** out, so hopefully now things can get back on track.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
That seems highly unlikely based on how they run their parks. It's far more likely that they're seeing this as an opportunity to get a foothold outside China without taking the huge risk of building something from scratch.

Anyway, this is a good thing. I've been holding off on Turkey largely based on this place sorting its :emoji_poop: out, so hopefully now things can get back on track.
Why wold buying a pre-built park be lower risk than building one from scratch? Unless they bought this park at a heavily reduced rate, and we have no information about pricing yet...
I'm not opposing your view, I'm just interested to know why it might be considered a low-risk move.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Why wold buying a pre-built park be lower risk than building one from scratch? Unless they bought this park at a heavily reduced rate, and we have no information about pricing yet...
I'm not opposing your view, I'm just interested to know why it might be considered a low-risk move.
Because they haven't bought it. They're just going to be running it. MASSIVE difference.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
In addition to what @gavin said, a pre-built park is also, importantly, already built. The product is there for inspection before any bids are made. The hours of work have been tallied, the workers have been paid, any snags in construction have already happened and been paid for by the current owner. The unforeseen circumstances have already been covered. There is much less uncertainty in the project, which means less risk. Interestingly, I have an entire doctoral thesis on my desk regarding the difference between uncertainty and risk in project management, but to simplify I think we can consider them the same thing.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Ohhhhhh see sorry completely missed that they haven't bough it! Okay makes much more sense.
And @Pokemaniac okay thanks! I suppose it's like buying an existing house vs a new build project.
I'm glad this place may have a future now at least, even if it still has a somewhat fishy beginning.