Rank the B&M Hyper coasters

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
1.Steel Vengenance
2. Fury 325
3. Fujiyama(BEST TOGO)
4. Steel Dragon 2000
5. X2

6. Magnum XL200-Best Arrow for me. Smoother, more thrilling than both Titan and Titan MAX
7.Mako
8. Griffon and Draken
9 Apollo's chariot
10. Sheikra

------------DOWN IN QUALITY--------------
19.Valravn: I REALLY hate Vest restraint in Dive coasters. Like as Coaster studio's Valravn parody, it tries to eliminate weightlessness.
20. Titan MAX(scrapped): Although having S&S train, sucky airtime, and rough transition, 1 train operation, NOT AIRTIME-A TRIANGLE. (Not 200ft but RCDB says hyper coaster)

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
1.Steel Vengenance
2. Fury 325
3. Fujiyama(BEST TOGO)
4. Steel Dragon 2000
5. X2

6. Magnum XL200-Best Arrow for me. Smoother, more thrilling than both Titan and Titan MAX
7.Mako
8. Griffon and Draken
9 Apollo's chariot
10. Sheikra

------------DOWN IN QUALITY--------------
19.Valravn: I REALLY hate Vest restraint in Dive coasters. Like as Coaster studio's Valravn parody, it tries to eliminate weightlessness.
20. Titan MAX(scrapped): Although having S&S train, sucky airtime, and rough transition, 1 train operation, NOT AIRTIME-A TRIANGLE. (Not 200ft but RCDB says hyper coaster)
Why you rate Apollo so low?

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm going to limit this to coasters that just kind of go up and down and up and down again, so not Flying Aces, X2, Stealth, Red Force etc

1. Hyperion
2. Shambhala
3. Silver Star
4. Big One
5. Goliath at SFMM

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but I would be interested to know; how do people think the Hershey hyper might ride compared to other B&M hypers from the renderings we've seen? I personally reckon that from what we've seen so far, it looks like one of B&M's better hypers alongside the likes of Shambhala, Behemoth, Goliath (SFOG), Mako etc, but you admittedly can't be too sure until it's up and running!

EpochEmu

Mega Poster
Sorry to bump the thread, but I would be interested to know; how do people think the Hershey hyper might ride compared to other B&M hypers from the renderings we've seen? I personally reckon that from what we've seen so far, it looks like one of B&M's better hypers alongside the likes of Shambhala, Behemoth, Goliath (SFOG), Mako etc, but you admittedly can't be too sure until it's up and running!
To me it looks on par with Mako (I’ve heard the most praise for Mako recently out of Hypers)- or better. B&M should be and are building better and better rides to keep up with other innovative manufacturers, since Hershey or another park could have easily picked a different manufacturer- Intamin has shown they could have built this, Hyperion or a little bit tamer would have fit, although I agree in this case B&M was the obvious choice to fit Hershey’s presumed needs. Mako itself is an example of building better and better rides like all manufacturers do, as I’ve heard recently that it’s better than Shambala. So I think this might be the greatest hyper or certainly one of the greatest... the more custom layout alone makes me like it more than Behemoth or Goliath. I think we can assume it will at least be comparable to some great hypers.
EDIT: the only thing is, their Wing Coasters haven’t improved that much as no one else builds those. This has been talked about.

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
I need to get a better look at the layout (maybe when they show it off more in a video next year), right now it's a little too soon to tell. I specifically want to get a better look at the first half of the layout, which was more or less hidden in the background of the reveal video.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
This is a tough one! I'm inclined to say either Intimidator or Silver Star. I'm inclined to lean towards the former due to a lot of great memories over the years, but Silver Star was surprisingly awesome.
Team Silver Star :cool:

Whilst Mako is mincing around a lake at the end, SS is ejecting you into the brake run.

Matt N

CF Legend
Is Mako or Silver Star better as an overall ride, though? I can't really say much as I've only ridden Mako, but I've seen wildly varying opinions of Mako compared to other B&M hypers, with some saying it's up there as one of the best and some saying it's down there as one of the worst.

sirloin

Roller Poster
FistedColossus, YES! I enjoy Mako a lot, but it can be a bit inconsistent. Silver Star runs with the pedal smashed to the floor all the way to the end, and I must admit that even Intimidator fails in that area with a lackluster post-MCBR jaunt.

What leaves me in a position of indecision is that Intimidator has such a righteous first half that it compensates for the back end. I find it odd that it succeeds so well there and yet Behemoth and Diamondback, despite being so similar, just don’t bring the heat quite as well (Diamondback especially so).

Again, though, I think it’s the memories that make the difference for me and put Intimidator on top, but I’ll give Silver Star the credit for consistency. In my opinion, it and Nitro were quite possibly the best phase of B&M speed coaster design when it came to start-to-finish greatness.

Also, Matt N, I’d say that Silver Star is easily better overall compared to Mako with, like I said, great maneuvers all the way to the end. As far as your comments on Mako’s mixed reviews, I’d always gotten the impression that Silver Star was generally one of the most poorly-reviewed B&M speed coasters out there, so I take those with a grain of salt. I feel like the most consistently positive B&M speed coaster reviews go toward rides (Apollo’s Chariot, Diamondback, and SFOG’s Goliath) to which I’m generally indifferent, at least in a relative sense. Well, except for Goliath, which is epic. ;)

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster
Is Mako or Silver Star better as an overall ride, though? I can't really say much as I've only ridden Mako, but I've seen wildly varying opinions of Mako compared to other B&M hypers, with some saying it's up there as one of the best and some saying it's down there as one of the worst.

I really prefer Mako to Silver Star. Silver Star's first half is honestly quite meh and the 2nd half has some good moments such as the drop off the MCBR. Mako however is just all around good and has stronger airtime than all of the other B&M hypers I've ridden.

Mako a lot, but it can be a bit inconsistent. Silver Star runs with the pedal smashed to the floor all the way to the end
Quite the opposite for me really. Silver Star's trims were very inconsistent and even when they were off I'd hardly call the first half "pedal smashed to the floor". Mako's big airtime hill alone has stronger air than anything on Silver Star.

The twisty bits towards the end of Silver Star are really good but I preferred the overbanks on Mako and ending over the water.

Just going off looks though, the Mega/Hyper at HotGo could possibly be the best one depending on how fast it runs.

Matt N

CF Legend
Very interesting... Mako's the only B&M hyper I've currently ridden, and as you can probably tell by the Best Coaster tab in my profile, I absolutely adored it! Most airtime on any coaster I've ever ridden, blissfully smooth, stunning first drop, really comfortable restraints, really fast with a great sense of exhilaration, and overall just a sublime coaster experience! Even though it has been over 2 years since I last rode it (my 3 rides on Mako were in August 2016), nothing has topped Mako since that very first ride! Icon admittedly came very close, and I did actually ponder putting it ahead of Mako very briefly, but I never did in the end, and after a 2nd ride and a bit more thought, it didn't make number 1 for me!

I hope the other B&M hypers are just as good as Mako when I get around to riding them! On the subject of Silver Star, my parents have said that if I don't want anything else, they'll take me to Europa for my 18th birthday, so unless Thorpe gets one in 2020 or I manage to get to somewhere else with a B&M hyper, Silver Star will likely be the next new B&M hyper I ride!