What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I've gone for Nemesis, simply because I haven't been on many of the others. I do think it is a great ride though.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Now that I've been on more than the Nemesis', I guess I can compose a decent enough list. I'll note order, with a few notes on some. Others self-explanatory.

1. Nemesis
2. Batman: SFGA - Forceful throughout. A lovely surprise.
3. Alpengeist - big, forceful and swooping.
4. Talon - the pop of airtime was strange and unexpected. Had nothing but fun times.
5. Raptor - My first Invert outside the UK was quite fun, but nothing mindblowing.
6. Great Bear - Interesting layout, but the rides dies half-way through.
7. N:I

ryanmic92

Roller Poster
Re: What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

Out of the three I've been on:
Raptor
Great Bear
Alpengeist
Alpengeist takes the cake with Raptor coming in a close second.

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
For me, my list goes as follows. I've only managed to ride 3 inverts as I live in the UK.

1. Nemesis - Nemesis is located in my "home park" so I get to ride quite frequently. Despite it's roughness, the sheer intensity of Nemesis remains unmatched for me, the only ride that's come close is Tatsu. Also, Nemesis is very well laid out in terms of off-ride, sometimes I just take a minute and watch the trains racing around the track.

2. Nemesis Inferno - I honestly believe this coaster is very under-rated! Whilst not as relentless as Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno does pull some good Gs. It's also quite a bit smoother than the original, but I can stand a bit of roughness so I don't mind too much. The final helix is surprisingly intense in my opinion.

3. Batman the Ride (SFGAm) - It's a perfectly good coaster, but it doesn't really have the showmanship Nemesis displays or it's relentlessness. I rate Ninferno above Batman the Ride as Nemesis Inferno is just a bit more intense (again, I might have just had good rides on Ninferno and a bad ride on Batman). I remember it being a bit smoother than Nemesis though.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
It's Nemesis. Not even a debate.

Montu is pretty awesome though, so that takes 2nd place.

I also love the Batman clones, and the Duelling Dragons when they duelled.

At the weaker end of the scale we have Nemesis Inferno (too small), Alpengeist (too rough) and Silver Bullet (too dull).

I think that's my lot... for now. Should be adding Black Mamba in 2016 though so that might change things a bit.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I was really surprised by Silver Bullet when I rode it... Everyone says its dull, but it has a couple of unusual and forceful moments. Its nothing special for sure, but its not terrible.

Inferno I used to think was pretty good, but the more you ride it the more you realise why it lacks comparatively and its not that it is "too small" (how is it small?). Inferno is sickly intense, constantly turning in the same direction on repeat. For those who enjoy sickly rides, its fine, but yeah... Its just a but dull, but intense.

Alpengeist gets a lot of grief in my opinion - it has a spectacular start with a meh ending, and it rides rather unlike all the others. It's fun I think.

All the inverts are good in fairness.

My least favourite is probably Inferno, but I've ridden it so much its hard to tell if its just overridden for me. I can't think of another one I'd rate as lowly.

nealbie

CF Legend
See, I find the opposite. To me Inferno feels like a "Baby Batman". It's certainly not small, but it's just not quite big enough for its layout and lacks the intensity of the others because of it.

I love B&M inverts, and of the 7 I've done only Inferno isn't a 10/10 (It's a 9).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Allow me to clarify a little.
When I said Inferno was too small, and Alpengeist was too rough, and Silver Bullet was too dull, what I really mean is that I'm only comparing them to the other B&M inverts I've ridden. In the grand scheme of things, B&M inverts are all pretty boss coasters. Wouldn't call any of them 'bad'.

Although I always did wonder why they never made Inferno just a little bit bigger than they did. I think I'd have been happier with a Batman clone to be honest

Snoo

The Legend
Joey said:
I was really surprised by Silver Bullet when I rode it... Everyone says its dull, but it has a couple of unusual and forceful moments. Its nothing special for sure, but its not terrible.

Agreed 100%. I went in expecting terrible and it was surprisingly fun and forceful. Definitely does not deserve the hate it receives however I can see, especially in comparison to other Inverts, why it receives it.

Lofty

CF Legend
Re: What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

Out of the ones I've been on, I'd say Montu. Although I absolutely love the Chinese Fireball side of Dragon Challenge (that second Immelmann is so forceful).

I think, from an outsider point of view, Black Mamba is up there for me, merely due to the interaction with theming, but if you took that away and put it on a car park, I don't think it'd actually rate heigh up with a lot of people tbh.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

Oscar Peters

Roller Poster
I LOVE the Batman clones. Actually, they're probably my personal faves.

Montu and Talon are fierce too.

Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno and Flight Deck are all decent, but nothing special, let's face it.

Alpengeist didn't do much for me to be perfectly honest. Great Bear and Silver Bullet are pretty pants too.

I really want to do Afterburn </3.
How is nemesis not special? Have you not ridden it?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
How is nemesis not special? Have you not ridden it?
Six years, Oscar. I'm genuinely curious as to whether you'll get an answer. Jake was online at some point this year, although I haven't seen a post of his since early last year.

Nothing wrong with bumping the thread, though. The question is still relevant today. And the poll options are surprisingly up to date too. Since the thread was created in 2012, we've only seen one new B&M Invert built (Banshee at Kings Island, might as well add it since I have the power to). One is known to open in the future too, the one at Gröna Lund (2021). I thought this was a pretty popular coaster type? What the heck happened to it? Especially considering B&M are so big in China, one would think any Chinese park would order one soon?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Here are some stats I've tabulated. I've documented builds of the key models from B&M across five year increments for the last 15 years.
The green shows the peak year for that model from the data period, while the red shows the weakest year...

CF B&M Stats.JPG

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Here are some stats I've tabulated. I've documented builds of the key models from B&M across five year increments for the last 15 years.
The green shows the peak year for that model from the data period, while the red shows the weakest year...

View attachment 3973
Still doesn't mean that parks don't want them, Build the freaking beast.
#MAKEINVERTSGREATAGAIN

sirloin

Roller Poster
I'm surprised that there haven't been any built in China here in recent years, but I'd say outside of there, most major parks have some form of invert, even if they're SLCs. I do wish that some parks with SLCs would ditch them and build some B&M heavy metal, but I'm not sure that's the best way to go investment-wise. I think there are some good candidates for them in the future, though. I don't think a B&M would take too much away from Volcano at Kings Dominion, and Valleyfair! could use one, too.