What's new

Nagashima Spa Land | Hakugei | RMC I-Box Conversion of White Cyclone

Snoo

The Legend
They actually totally could have on this one...

I doubt they'd change the layout post announcement but you are correct. A jo-jo roll would be interesting but that's really it as the hang time may hurt legs worse then the airtime.

Pear

Strata Poster
Up goes the lift

DqwFaC7U0AApIt3.jpg

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Have they left the old lift in place underneath it?
I imagine the tracks been removed but theres no reason to remove the actual wooden structure of the old lift. Its not without president either.
If you look at this old shot of SF New Englands Riverside Cyclone (now Wicked Cyclone post RMC conversion)
Early on one of the rides turnarounds was reprofiled to lower forces and you can see the old track from before the ride was reprofiled underneath the existing track.
RiversideCY.png

Peet

Giga Poster
Nice! I like these little bits of history being left behind. RCDB mentions some old track that was visible under the MCBR on the SFMM Colossus following some reprofiling, but I haven't seen any pictures of that. I assume it's gone now that the ride has been RMCd.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Early on one of the rides turnarounds was reprofiled to lower forces and you can see the old track from before the ride was reprofiled underneath the existing track.
Kinda.... It happened in the 2000-2001 off season after the park switched the Morgan trains for PTC trains, and it was actually the first drop that was shorten.

And for Magic Mountain, the double down replaced with a block is seen here - https://rcdb.com/26.htm#p=82 (here it is before being removed - https://rcdb.com/26.htm#p=5471 )

Snoo

The Legend
Image from Reddit - not sure of original source.

1ztcifynix221.jpg

Some sort of outerbanked hill, I think?

Wave turn maybe? Wish you could see the other angle.. see how much it throws out. Also looks a smidge like some of the under structure elements on SV.